• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia USM Ubers Mafia endgame (Town and Genesect victory)

Ah. I’ve always seen it called “majority” or “hammer” voting.
Hammer and Majority are said round here, it's just not typical to have in games. At least from what I know of.

So like what was everyone’s favorite moment in the game?
Actually being able to help and make (somewhat slight, but still) a difference, been my first game in a while and i've never honestly been great at Mafia, so hopefully this game is a good new starting point for me, we'll see.

Gets lynched day one next game :p

Hammer and Majority are said round here, it's just not typical to have in games. At least from what I know of.

Actually being able to help and make (somewhat slight, but still) a difference, been my first game in a while and i've never honestly been great at Mafia, so hopefully this game is a good new starting point for me, we'll see.

Gets lynched day one next game :p
Literally every town win is a team effort. Simply putting yourself in a position to be town-read is a major advantage.

Plus you apparently prevented a kill on Night 1. That was pretty gnarly.

I enjoyed the Day 1 lynch. I felt like it validated my obnoxious noise-making, plus I felt like a Cool Dude claiming Miller in the way that I did.

Plus you apparently prevented a kill on Night 1. That was pretty gnarly.
We'll see, it could still have been a roleblocker or something else right? I'll wait till endgame before taking credit aha.

And agreed, I wasn't trying to suggest that I only made an effort, everyone who is townsided did a really good job, in my opinion. Even with a few disagreements here and there, we got our goal at the end.

yes, lynching scum day 1 after some discussion in multiple games I was in was a justifying feeling, probably the highlight

I have this habit of dismissing stupid things and I let it get out of control rather than nip it in the bud early
It’s absolutely understandable that that would have seemed ill-informed from your perspective, but for the rest of us it was not possible to rule it out in theory given the nature of speedchuck’s role claim and the unfortunate circumstances of nova’s fake claim. That’s why I was calling for you to argue for an alternative, rather than arguing against that particular case. At a certain point we all just need to make a judgment call. The most complete way for me to judge you is for you to provide me with a vision of how the game makes sense according to town-aligned bulba account.

But the most important thing last night to me was ensuring a town victory in all scenarios. Removing speedchuck answered the most questions, so it was the safest and most beneficial move, even if not the most likely to be successful.

Endgame
  1. @JaggedJimmyJay
  2. @Sloonei
  3. @Ereshkigal
  4. @ReturnofMCH
  5. @novaselinenever
  6. @speedchuck
  7. @DekuNut
  8. @TheCapsFan
  9. @bulba account
  10. @Former
  11. @Spiritual Mask Salesman
  12. @AussieEevee
  13. @Calvin ッ
A certain broken Pokémon had decided that it had caused enough chaos, and it was time to return to the aether from whence it came.

Dear Spiritual Mask Salesman,

You are Mega Rayquaza!

rayquaza-mega.gif

Rayquaza @ Life Orb
Ability: Air Lock
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
  • Dragon Dance
  • Dragon Ascent
  • Earthquake
  • Extreme Speed
The most godly Pokémon, you went and accomplished what no other Pokémon was able to do - get BANNED from Ubers. Just for context, what makes this impressive is that Ubers itself is a banlist, so you were so good that you were banned from a banlist. Your ability to Mega Evolve just by knowing Dragon Ascent, which itself is one of the best attacking moves in the game, allows you to hold an item to further increase your firepower, and simply unstoppable 180 base Attack and Special Attack, plus access to the awesome Dragon Dance, means that you flat-out have no counters.

You were getting tired of being alone in AG, so you have decided to come back to cause some chaos again. However, you'll need a turn to Mega Evolve, so Night 1 you won't be able to do anything (but to make up for that, other users won't be able to target you during that time either). On Night 2 and beyond, you can PM me Dragon Ascent: (user) and that user will die. Additionally, you have a great ability in Delta Stream, which neutralizes one of your weaknesses and lessens another, so you will be able to survive the first attempt on your life diuring the night. You will be alerted when this is broken.

Basically, you are the 1x Bulletproof Serial Killer and forced N1 Commuter. You are independent and win when all other users are dead, even if you are not alive at endgame.
Spiritual Mask Salesman has been lynched and has lost the game. He was Mega Rayquaza, the Serial Killer.

Thus, the metagame would see stability at last.

Dear DekuNut,

You are Arceus!

The creation deity in Pokémon, you are said to have created the universe. You are also quite possibly the most versatile Pokémon that exists, meaning that you find you way into virtually every serious Ubers team. It would be nearly impossible to list all of your viable sets, so for now, here's the classic Extreme Killer:

arceus.gif

Arceus @ Leftovers
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
  • Swords Dance
  • Extreme Speed
  • Shadow Claw
  • Substitute
The main reason for your versatility is your ability, Multitype, which allows you to be any type as long as you have the correct Plate or Z-Crystal. When combined with your huge movepool and well-balanced stats, this means that you can fill basically any role on a team. At one point during the game, you can PM me Wear (user)'s Plate and you will inherit that player's role (but not their alignment). Additionally, said user must be dead in order for you to do this.

Basically, you're the Backup. You are allied with the Town and win when all threats to your faction have been eliminated.
DekuNut has won the game. He was Arceus, the Town Backup.

Dear TheCapsFan,

You are Dialga!

You have seen much better days in the Ubers metagame, but since I started with Pokémon Diamond and I have Gen IV bias, I just had to include this role in the game.

dialga.gif

Dialga @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 104 HP / 252 SpA / 152 Spe
Modest Nature
  • Stealth Rock
  • Draco Meteor
  • Fire Blast
  • Thunder
These days, you mostly hang on as a Stealth Rock setter with a decent amount of offensive presence, although you suffer with competition from Primal Groudon in that regard. What's more interesting to me though is your powers over time. So every night, you can PM me Roar of Time (user) and you will use your powers over time to find which actions were performed on that user on that night but not who performed them. (As an aside, Roar of Time isn't even a good move on Dialga and I don't care.)

Anyway, you're basically the Voyeur. You are allied with the Town and win when all threats to your faction have been eliminated.
TheCapsFan has won the game. He was Dialga, the Town Voyeur.

Dear bulba account,

You are Zygarde!

zygarde-complete.gif

Zygarde-Complete @ Leftovers
Ability: Power Construct
EVs: 228 Atk / 48 SpD / 232 Spe
Adamant Nature
  • Dragon Dance
  • Thousand Arrows
  • Substitute
  • Dragon Tail
When you were first introduced in XY, you were a mediocre Pokémon that was barely better than Flygon. However, come Gen VII, it was time for revenge. You received two amazing buffs that instantly sent you to the top: firstly, the move Thousand Arrows, which has the best coverage of any move, and secondly, Power Construct, an ability that allows you to transform into Zygarde-Complete, a behemoth with a monstrous 216 base HP that, with a bit of investment in its defensive stats, can't even by 1HKO'd from full by a Mega Mewtwo Y Ice Beam. This insane durability means that you will be able to survive one attempt on your life during the night. You will be alerted when this is broken. Also, according to dex lore, you are monitoring those who destroy the ecosystem, so every night you can PM me Check to see if (user) is destroying the ecosystem and you will learn their alignment.

Basically, you're the 1x Bulletproof Cop. You are allied with the Town and win when all threats to your faction have been eliminated.
bulba account has won the game. He was Zygarde, the town 1x Bulletproof cop.

Dear Calvin ツ,

You are Xerneas!

A fairly controversial Pokémon, as its Geomancy sets have been considered very centralizing due to necessitating the existence of multiple Fairy resists on a team. However, here's a less controversial defensive set that I find to be quite underrated:

xerneas.gif

Xerneas @ Leftovers
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
  • Defog
  • Rest
  • Moonblast
  • Aromatherapy
This set is also known as a "cleric", as it can heal status conditions that its teammates have suffered, making it a great fit for stall, balance, and bulky offense teams. It often is expected to switch into attacks for more frail teammates. Thus, every night, PM me Aromatherapy: (user) and that user will be protected from any kills during that night.

Basically, you're the doctor. You are allied with the Town, and win when all threats to your faction have been eliminated.
Calvin ツ has won the game. He was Xerneas, the Town Doctor.

Dear Sloonei,

You are Mewtwo!

The oldest inhabitant of the Ubers metagame, you used to be quite something. Back in Gen I, this set destroyed everything, with opposing Mewtwo being the only things that stood a chance:

mewtwo.gif

Mewtwo
  • Amnesia
  • Psychic
  • Blizzard
  • Recover
Over the years, however, you have fallen behind quite a bit compared to your glory days. Despite this, you still have this reputation as an unstoppable behemoth, so any cop checks or similar roles will show you as Mafia.

But that's not all! In an attempt to make you competitively relevant again, in XY you were given two different Mega Stones that can power you up.

mewtwo-megax.gif

Mewtwo @ Mewtwonite X
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
  • Low Kick
  • Taunt
  • Ice Beam
  • Stone Edge
Mega Mewtwo X boasts better physical strength. If you choose this Mega Evolution, then you will have the ability to kill one player during the night.

mewtwo-megay.gif

Mewtwo @ Mewtwonite Y
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 40 Def / 216 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
  • Psystrike
  • Ice Beam
  • Fire Blast
  • Focus Blast
Mega Mewtwo Y gives Mewtwo better psychic powers. If you choose this Mega Evolution, then you will have the ability to use a cop check, a tracker check, and a watcher check, however you can only use two of these and you can't use the same ability more than once.

You can Mega Evolve at any point during the game by sending me Hold: Mewtwonite (X or Y). However, you can choose only one Mega Evolution, and once you Mega Evolve, there is no going back. Choose wisely!

Basically, you're the Miller, and depending on how you Mega Evolve, either a 1x Vig or a 2x JOAT Cop/Tracker/Watcher. You are allied with the Town and win when all threats to your faction have been eliminated.
Sloonei has won the game. He was Mega Mewtwo Y, the Town Miller and 2x JOAT.

Also, one Pokémon was glad that it might at least have a small niche in the new metagame:
Dear novaselinenever,

You are Genesect!

genesect.gif

Genesect @ Choice Specs
Ability: Download
EVs: 68 HP / 188 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
  • Techno Blast
  • Flamethrower
  • Flash Cannon
  • U-turn
Despite being Ubers due to being overwhelming in an OU environment, you are actually completely unviable in Ubers and virtually never seen on a serious team. There are several reasons for this: competition with better Steel types like Magearna and Mega Scizor, an inconsistent damage output, and its unreliability against Xerneas (a Pokémon all Steel types are expected to be able to check). However, the biggest reason why you're simply not effective at all is because of Primal Groudon, a Pokémon that appears on over 90% of teams and can safely switch into any Genesect set. Anyway, you don't really care about this big battle between town and mafia, all you want is to survive to a metagame where you can be viable in. To accomplish this, you need to have Primal Groudon dead by the end of the game (it doesn't matter how Primal Groudon dies as long as it is dead by endgame).

You are Independent and win if you survive to endgame and Primal Groudon doesn't.
novaselinenever has won the game. He was Genesect, an Independent Survivor.

Endgame has been reached! Congratulations to Town and Genesect for winning!

Very solid win, y’all. There were a couple lucky bounces, but that doesn’t take away from what was a solid town performance in all corners.

This was my first game here and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Thanks for the invite, leeticorio.

So a few questions:

1. How was the balance? Was the hosting fair?
  2. What did you enjoy about this game? Did you like the flavor?
3a. (for the players from Bulbagarden) Do you enjoy having community crossover events like this? Would you like more in the future?
3b. (for the players not from Bulbagarden) Did you enjoy playing in this community? Would you play another game here?
4. Finally, would you play another game hosted by leetic/Oricorio?

Good game, folks. Thanks for hosting, Oricorio!

Now I can defend my own honor a bit. :p

I don't like to bus. I usually don't bus. I am one who often suggests that mafia teams are too quick to bus. In this case, bussing AussieEevee was a unique decision driven primarily by his request for replacement. I felt bummed that that after the host had been amped to run the game, encountered that initial pre-game delay, and then was able to get us underway -- immediately on Day 1, two people wanted out. So I figured we could just spare him one of those. I did figure Dale would return eventually, granted.

Otherwise, my strategy was pretty simple: be more civilian than most people and don't get lynched. I kind of conceded from the beginning that if there's a serial killer I might just be screwed. If not, I'd win it by myself. So y'all owe SMS a beer. ;)

@Former, I wish I'd been alive to lend some support when you stepped in. You had no chance there through no fault of your own. I appreciate you giving it a try!

Back
Top Bottom