• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Voltorb Flip alongside the slots?

Yes or no?

• Total voters
PUSA was only responsible for the US versions of the game.
With Plat, only the EU version was censored, featuring a censored game corner. When the pokemon companies merged to form TPCi, then they decided to make 2 versions of HGSS. 1 had slots, the other had minesweeper. There were other edits made between versions, like Email functionality being crippled to only work with Wii Numbers, and swimsuits.

PUSA was only responsible for the US versions of the game.

I meant to type TPCi. And with that, my point stands.

When the pokemon companies merged to form TPCi, then they decided to make 2 versions of HGSS. 1 had slots, the other had minesweeper. There were other edits made between versions, like Email functionality being crippled to only work with Wii Numbers, and swimsuits.

Again, Voltorb Flip was not developed by TPCi. It was a joint effort by all the different Nintendos (NoA, NoE, etc.) in an effort to eradicate the slot machines once and for all. This is why even the Korean versions of the game had Voltorb Flip over the slot machines.

The swimsuit edit and whatnot had nothing to do with Voltorb Flip or the removal of slots.

Why don't the majority of you who want the slots just realize that you don't, and that you don't even want the ability to buy the coins either. You just want the ability to buy the TM's.

Why don't the majority of you who want the slots just realize that you don't, and that you don't even want the ability to buy the coins either. You just want the ability to buy the TM's.
true but I wish they would've left the rocket poster it was in the old one maybe I'm just too nostalgic.

so are you saying that only kids 6-11 play the game that fans over that don't count? kids don't care about the slots and neither do I but it just dose not sit right with me that the US is roped in a EU problem

and I really really doubt the world will end or Pokemon gets canceled because of adding 10+ to a package that parents would still buy it with the Pokemon name on I bet you could sell tasers if it had pikachu or spongebob on it.

I hope they keep Voltorb flip but its unlikely. They'll hopefully have a cool new game. I liked the Roulette in R/S/E.

so are you saying that only kids 6-11 play the game that fans over that don't count?

Not as far as slots go, no. They're a very minor and unimportant aspect of the game, and quite frankly, people didn't give a damn about them until they were removed. If you really want to play the slots, nearly every game of the past four generations has had them.

kids don't care about the slots and neither do I but it just dose not sit right with me that the US is roped in a EU problem

Again, it's not an European problem. Please read my past few posts.

and I really really doubt the world will end or Pokemon gets canceled because of adding 10+ to a package that parents would still buy it with the Pokemon name on I bet you could sell tasers if it had pikachu or spongebob on it.

Again, read my past posts.

so are you saying that only kids 6-11 play the game that fans over that don't count? kids don't care about the slots and neither do I but it just dose not sit right with me that the US is roped in a EU problem

I need to ask this, in the US version of HGSS, does the nurse in the Pokemon Center, say Center or Centre. In my EUR version it's Center, if it is Centre in the US version, then they are different and there are no reason to blame EU.

I believe they mean that it would be better than Voltorb Flip replacing everything.

@Battaman: It would be "Center", no matter what. "Centre" is never used in the US.

@Battaman: It would be "Center", no matter what. "Centre" is never used in the US.

Ok then, I fought I had seen it somewhere, guess you can all blame EU then (Norway is not part of EU so I can hate them as well:rolleyes:)

how do you even win this game? even withe instruction they gave me, i still can't devise my own kind of strategy to win at it.

and why can't we buy coins?

If you ask me, both the Slots and Voltorb Flip should be replaced by games that require more skill.

voltorb flip doesn't require skill? That's not how I've played it.

I've never been lucky with Voltorb Flip so. . .
I mean, I like the slots better, but either one is fine with me, I never really play them that much anyway.

I want the original slots back. The GS Slots cheated (slots reeling themselves just past that 3rd 7.). The RS Slots were so gimmicky (2 sets of 7s, and it was hard to get either). The DP Slots paid off too little, and were too easy (Clefairy game).

But the original ones (and FRLG's) were fairer and easier.

Voltorb Flip? I'd rather have Card flip from GS, but I'll live if it's there. As long as I can buy coins and money is easy enough to come by, I'll be happy.

I want the original slots back. The GS Slots cheated (slots reeling themselves just past that 3rd 7.). The RS Slots were so gimmicky (2 sets of 7s, and it was hard to get either). The DP Slots paid off too little, and were too easy (Clefairy game).

They cheat just as much as real-life Japanese slots. There are one or two machines that pay out better than others - it's a known fact, not just a myth of probability. What is a fallacy is the thought that a machine will have better payout odds if it pays out lower - and even then, some machines actually follow that rule, increasing the payout chances as the player keeps losing.

The DP slots paid off pretty well if you ask me. On average it takes me about 7 to 9 minutes to earn 1,000 coins.

But the original ones (and FRLG's) were fairer and easier.

Are you kidding me? The original slots would simply go really fast after pressing A the third time if you had two 7's lined up.

Voltorb Flip? I'd rather have Card flip from GS, but I'll live if it's there. As long as I can buy coins and money is easy enough to come by, I'll be happy.

I actually like Voltorb Flip better now, because it earns coins faster than any other thing I've played. I can earn 1,000 coins in only 5 to 6 minutes with Voltorb Flip. Of course, I could just shell out the P20000 in the previous games and do it in 30 seconds, but I don't like wasting money like that.

voltorb flip doesn't require skill? That's not how I've played it.

It does, but he said more skill. I'd like a few games like that too, if you ask me, but I'll be fine with just Voltorb Flip.

They cheat just as much as real-life Japanese slots. There are one or two machines that pay out better than others - it's a known fact, not just a myth of probability. What is a fallacy is the thought that a machine will have better payout odds if it pays out lower - and even then, some machines actually follow that rule, increasing the payout chances as the player keeps losing.

The DP slots paid off pretty well if you ask me. On average it takes me about 7 to 9 minutes to earn 1,000 coins.

Are you kidding me? The original slots would simply go really fast after pressing A the third time if you had two 7's lined up.

I actually like Voltorb Flip better now, because it earns coins faster than any other thing I've played. I can earn 1,000 coins in only 5 to 6 minutes with Voltorb Flip. Of course, I could just shell out the P20000 in the previous games and do it in 30 seconds, but I don't like wasting money like that.

It does, but he said more skill. I'd like a few games like that too, if you ask me, but I'll be fine with just Voltorb Flip.

It's called hand-eye coordination (that or I don't know what it's called). That's partly why I have a gold print for Battle Arcade. I once won 1800 coins in 12 minutes on the original slots. I thought it was going to take weeks to get that many in Voltorb flip. I just don't get the object of the game.

And I don't mind wasting money in the games. In Sinnoh, there's so much money to go around (the restaurant and underground) that my wallet filled within two short weeks after getting the explorer kit.

How about a new game corner game? Something with cards, perhaps.

That is all.

The slots in FRLG actually cheated by rotating the barrel once more if it stopped on the 7 or other specific icons, unless it happened to have RNG values it liked.

Voltorb Flip works similarly. In the end, you just have groups of four cards, and it's all chance.

That said, the slots were faster and required less imput... but I don't care about any of this.

Instead my problem is that there used to be an explorable building with NPCs, hidden items, broken machines and such things that give ambience to the game. And they replaced it with a boring stupid room.

The slots in FRLG actually cheated by rotating the barrel once more if it stopped on the 7 or other specific icons, unless it happened to have RNG values it liked.

Voltorb Flip works similarly. In the end, you just have groups of four cards, and it's all chance.

That said, the slots were faster and required less imput... but I don't care about any of this.

Instead my problem is that there used to be an explorable building with NPCs, hidden items, broken machines and such things that give ambience to the game. And they replaced it with a boring stupid room.
Not only that, but if you played GSC, the kanto slots featured R/B references. You can check the poster for no switch, talk to NPCs, and buy coins.
In Japanese HGSS, the slots were still there, and it had everything the game corner had from previous gens. The NPCs, the Slots, and the secrets.

The voltorb flip room was small. Empty. Mostly lifeless. It only consisted of 1 chair in the middle of a room, and (in the Goldenrod Game Corner), 2 old people sitting at a chair to exchange coins for prizes. Nothing like the Game corners in previous games and JP HGSS.

Of course, who knows what will happen in B/W. For all we know, B/W might be like the last games where the JP version is uncut and the US version is cut. Or, all versions might be cut. Unless we have news from CoroCoro, sunday, or Oha Suta released beforehand, we won't know until the middle of September.

It's called hand-eye coordination (that or I don't know what it's called).

Nah, it's called a sense of timing. But I think you read me wrong - I meant that as soon as you press A to stop the third reel, the third reel will go really fast to get to the one it wants to stop at.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom