• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia War Room Mafia: Revelations - Live Life - NEW AGE (TOWN) WINS - Ratings&Etc stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: War Room Mafia: Revelations - DAY 3 You get what you asked for 2015-02-17

Really Leggo? I don't know jack, I'm just trying to start discussion...but if you think I'm inactive...take a look at the number of posts Flop has made per phase, and call me in the morning.
I understand that, but I'm also going by past behavior of mafia players trying to look active. Sometimes, mafia players are more occupied with the mafia QT and tend to be more cautious of their posts and what they post.
I acknowledge that this logic may be a bit faulty and that we might have to resort to analyzing everything and making reads if we don't get any leads from the cop.

americaphonesexplz.gif
*calls BAJ* Though, I just checked the post count in this thread and Flop has more posts in this thread than the both of us.

There are 13 players left. I'm confirmed town and since RS revived me, it's safe to presume that he's town too.

Mintaka said that there is 4 mafia members in this game, so the probability for Flop or [insert player here] to be mafia is 4/11 or 36.36%.

Current Vote Count

Phoenicks : 6 (Crackfox, Denial, Flop, Midorikawa, Stuntology, The_Pikachu)
Midorikawa: 3 (BlisseyandtheAquaJets, Leggo, Paperhorse)
Soulmaster: 1 (HumanDawn)

@HumanDawn; who do you think is more likely to be mafia, Midorikawa or Phoenicks?

@Paperhorse; @Leggo; @BlisseyandtheAquaJets;

Please read my later posts before trying to use an early one as evidence.

EDIT: Almost forgot. I'm starting to doubt at this point that Phoenicks and Mairus are the same side, and I think that with the way Denial is defending Marius and attacking Phoenicks, that him and Marius are a scum team. However if Marius comes up town I think we should look into lynching Phoenicks. If Marius is town, that does not clear Denial as he could be mafia defending town of course.

The post PH used was posted at three fifteen in the morning-which is just faulty because 1) I shouldn't be posting so late because half the time I don't understand what I posted and 2) The post above is same day from 11 PM and thus I had a lot of time and posts in between to change my views as I stated before. Marius was scummier, but as I said, I didn't feel like her and Phoenicks were on the same side. If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong. But please use more than a three AM post as evidence.

However

FoS: BlisseyandtheAquaJets

She is way too jumpy on opinions of players.

Unvote: Phoenicks

Because I decided to approach him to see if he'd talk to me properly in private. He did and I understand him a lot more now.

Vote: Midorikawa

For the valid argument Paperhorse made and throughout the game Midorikawa is a player I haven't trusted. She's one of the few I haven't approached because of my weariness of her. It started for me with the fact that she seemed to try to get the FoS on Marius on D1 simply because Marius was (quite understandly) pissed about Phoenicks voting her without giving a reason. I don't see her as a bad choice to lynch today.

@HumanDawn; who do you think is more likely to be mafia, Midorikawa or Phoenicks?

Midorikawa, not that I really suspect her. I'll UNVOTE: Soulmaster since everybody seems to be set on somebody else and VOTE: Midorikawa to maybe get what I've been asking, and help build a counterwagon so maybe the supporters of the Phoenicks wagon explain themselves.

By the way, I've noticed something strange about the Day 2 vote results:

Marius 4.25
Phoenicks 4.25

That's a total of 8.5 voting power, when there should have been a total of 9. Do you guys have any idea about this?

This morning, I woke up and decided to browse BMGf on mobile and was surprised about the revival.

I'm posting this now since I had to go to school today even though it's President's Day in the US.

I did a thing that I was going to wait 'til endgame to do. [warning: huge image due to good resolution]
much progress, yes. i flubbed because i was writing in pen. i looked up hangul stroke order

Also, I was craving coffee, so have a song.

I'm glad to be back. Thank you guys for welcoming back. :D
Yes and I even get to keep my role which is useless now, imo, since everyone knows about it.

So, I'm basically vanilla who is not able to do private communication right now.
welcome back @Leggo; any thoughts on the game yet?
If I'm counting right, Phoenicks had the leading vote of 5 and Marius had 4, but since Marius proved her role, the vote was split.

I understand the circumstances why Marius did what she did, but I don't like the fact that Phoenicks stayed alive as a result since he voting Marius did not sit well with Rabbit and me and keeping Phoenicks alive won't help with suspicions that he might be mafioso which will delay town in the progress.
If he is town, then he's not helping much unless he's trying to look scummy to make the mafia keep him alive, so maybe he's a PR or something special, idk.

With this:
Ahahah. I said it was a bad idea for her to use her role, not that I don't want her to prove it.
I can interpret this as Phoenicks, like me, does not want a no lynch to happen because:
  • he's actually town and wants this day phase to be productive and not wasted
  • he's mafia and he just wants to get rid of townies, so no mislynches means that the mafia has to make successful NK's

Though, since Phoenicks didn't mention some kind of exception concerning him as he did get the leading vote, I'm willing to think that he could be town if he's okay with getting lynched if this means that town can reassess their views on him if he flips town.

Due to how Marius reacted to his random vote, I think that Phoenicks and Marius are not affiliated, so if:
  • Marius flipped mafia, Phoenicks would be town.
  • Phoenicks flipped town, Marius is mafia
    or
  • Phoenicks and Marius are just so happen to be both townies

Though, the way how Denial is defending Marius, if Marius/sub flips mafia, Denial might follow suit as some have pointed out already.

Here leggo points out some things about Phoenicks, and I thought this was during the day phase, but apparently it was the night phase, so my apologies.

@Paperhorse; It's more of the fact that he was constantly questioned and has been ignoring those questions and not answering people. And yet he'll get on others cases for not answering him, so he's being hypocritical.

VOTE: Phoenicks

I said I doubt right now that Phoenicks and Marius are of the same alignment and since Marius was town. Plus I really don't like ignored questions or vagueness. It's never helpful to the town and only hurts it.

I stated here why I was voting him.
Unvote: Phoenicks

Because I decided to approach him to see if he'd talk to me properly in private. He did and I understand him a lot more now.

For the valid argument Paperhorse made and throughout the game Midorikawa is a player I haven't trusted. She's one of the few I haven't approached because of my weariness of her. It started for me with the fact that she seemed to try to get the FoS on Marius on D1 simply because Marius was (quite understandly) pissed about Phoenicks voting her without giving a reason. I don't see her as a bad choice to lynch today.

So what scummy thing have I done and please tell with quotes. Also you say you talked to phoenicks on skype? I've been working and busy witch school work for days on end so I haven't been able to talk to people on skype. Which is a pain because I've been meaning to talk to Human as per usual for mafias we're in, but we're never on at the same time. And what he's said in skype hasn't been said in the thread obviously, otherwise people wouldn't be voting him.
@HumanDawn; Why vote for me if you don't think I'm scum? Why not press your case on Soulmaster?

I'm not even sure what I'm defending myself from and I don't really have time to go thread digging far back for stuff that people saw and suddenly don't see on Phoenicks because I have class soon and have to start getting ready soon for it. From there I'm not home till late and no one is on at night so yeah someone please give a proper explanation before I leave.

@HumanDawn; Why vote for me if you don't think I'm scum? Why not press your case on Soulmaster?

I said I didn't really suspect you, as in, I don't suspect you a whole lot, Paperhorse asked me for the lesser of two evils(angels?) and I picked you. The vote was to try to get you to explain yourself if anything, and nobody seemed to care about the Soulmaster case and I've already said what I had to say. My vote on him seemed pointless too.

I'm not even sure what I'm defending myself from and I don't really have time to go thread digging far back for stuff that people saw and suddenly don't see on Phoenicks because I have class soon and have to start getting ready soon for it. From there I'm not home till late and no one is on at night so yeah someone please give a proper explanation before I leave.

Paperhorse claims she found your sudden change in your opinion on Phoenicks suspicious, could you explain the change at least?

@HumanDawn; I did explain that. My opinion changed over the course of the day phase through responses. I even quoted myself where my opinion was shown to change, a post that came after the one that PH quoted. The one PH quoted was made at three in the morning, the other made at 11 at night, both on the same day. A lot happened. I don't know what else to say.

Also to answer your question about the votes before, I would say either Marius' ability worked differently than we thought, or someone has a negative one vote that was on one of the bandwagons, most likely Marius'. And if so the question becomes is it only when they vote town, or all the time?

Midorikawa, what am I supposed to respond to? You're a bit more concerned with defending yourself than actually pushing a case on me, and I'm waiting for someone to point to something specific for me to defend against before I even begin to defend myself.

This is ridiculous.

Due to Lunar New Year stuff, update will be late. I'll end the phase after two hours from now.

EDIT: Back, update coming soon.

Last edited:

VOTE COUNT

Midorikawa 4
Phoenicks 3.5

---

"Remind me why am I on the chopping block again?"
Phoenicks winced at the players who were again arguing with him.

However, some players rose against this argument.

"Guys, what the, give him a break. I say that we lynch Midorikawa instead!"
"She looks suspicious!"

Midorikawa raised her hands.
"Wait, why me? You cannot raise questions against me based on statements that I made WAY before today!"
"Still you cannot raise a counterargument against us, why you switched your thoughts so suddenly."

Votes were close...but the lynch victim was decided.

"AUUUGH!"

Midorikawa grabbed her head with her hands.
"My head! It's about to explode!"

The sight was so painful that it made other players feel pity, regardless of their true alignment.
"Why is it THAT bad for her? What's the difference?"
"I suddenly feel horrible."
"I don't get it. Brainwaves in reality space shouldn't hurt us that badly."

"...unless...they were stronger than the usual level...?"
"Such as...if they were trained better than us..."

The shocked frown on Midorikawa's face proved that they had the correct answer.

"THAT MEANS SHE IS A VETERAN!"

Despite the pain, amazingly, Midorikawa stood up suddenly and started to run.

"GET HER!"

tumblr_ll8s0eRuBp1qafrh6.gif

The scene would have been something like this. Just insert street background instead.

As Midorikawa's fake identity disappeared during the run, players became more confident.

It was an amazing sight. Despite the suffering, this Veteran kept a lead from the remaining players.

"GET HIM! WE NEED ANSWERS FROM HIM!"

The Veteran turned around a corner.
When the remaining players turned...the Veteran was gone.

"Shoot!"

---

"Guys, guys...what was that pain? I don't get it."
At a safe place away from the area where the players were playing their mafia game, a small group of Veterans had gathered.

"Don't be too scared. We're predicting that due to our higher level of brainwaves, we'd be more sensitive to the reality space effects."
'Zenax' gave the recently lynched Veteran a bottle of cold water.
"That's not fun at all. I thought I'd die in there!"
'Mintaka' smiled. "Come on, we can stand up to that kind of effect-"

In a very swift movement, 'Master Mew' stood right in front of 'Mintaka', glaring down at her. (Literally, she is that short.)

"AND WHAT THE HELL WAS WITH YOUR BRAINWAVE BOMB? I WANT ANSWERS NOW!"

Mintaka said:
Dear Midorikawa,

You are Master Mew.

First as a player: America's Next Top Model Mafia, September 2011
First as a host: The Salem Witch Trials, October 2011

Although your career as a staff member in The War Room was brief, you have consistently contributed to The War Room’s games both as a player and as an advisor. Away from the public’s interests, you also possess strong brainwaves and believe that the powers are too dangerous for the public to make use of. Hence you joined the Veterans and now you strive to protect the knowledge from becoming common.

Every Night phase, with your strong brainwaves, you can prevent a target from activating their actions and their abilities from being activated. Send in your action by nominating your target (Block: [target]) in your team’s QT or a PM directly to me. The blocking effect will last for the Night phase. You cannot the same player twice in a row.

You belong to the Veterans and win when your team equals the New Age in number.

"What? I think it's among the best weapons we've ever invented."
"Don't tell me you used Nick's brainwaves for this. Didn't I tell you NOT to?"
'Parma' frowned at 'Min'. "I warned you."
"Well, I thought it'd be best to use brainwaves that were confirmed to work. Besides, you guys could help a mafia game in a setting like that. I've been through that at least three times, come on!"

'Zenax' retained a serious face. "Anyway, guys, we need to do something about this. Our plan might not go as well as expected."
'Mintaka' kept her smile, but her tone was serious. "It's wrong to underestimate the New Age. We lost last time after all despite the numbers after all."
'Master Mew' sighed. "Hope the rest of the team can pull through this."

---

tumblr_inline_njzdku6NMo1rftiod.gif

Congrats Town. We have our first Mafia player.

Midorikawa was lynched.
She was 'Master Mew', and was a Veteran.

IT IS NOW NIGHT 3. THIS PHASE LASTS 24 HOURS. IT ENDS AT MIDNIGHT (12 AM, FEB 21ST).
Due to the late update, as well as a family trip tomorrow, I'll give an extra hour.

Last edited:
Re: War Room Mafia: Revelations - NIGHT 3 Get your Master Ball 2015-02-19

Mintaka said:
In a very swift movement, 'Master Mew' stood right in front of 'Mintaka, glaring down at her. (Literally, she is that short.)

Pfft bet I'm shorter than you.

And I would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for school. Literally effing school.

Well good luck mafia, murder the town! Also thanks for letting me play Min! And totally love those gifs. Legolas and Jack Sparrow, so sexy <3

tumblr_mxv715Vu5a1rkcti0o1_250.gif

Also people should totally check out that first link in my signature. Shamelessadvertisment.

Edit: scrap all that. Here is the halfway votecount.

Phoenicks : 6 (Crackfox, Denial, Flop, Midorikawa, Stuntology, The_Pikachu)
Midorikawa: 3 (BlisseyandtheAquaJets, Leggo, Paperhorse)
Soulmaster: 1 (HumanDawn)

Now, looking at this and the subsequent votes, the final count should be:

Phoenicks : 5 (Denial, Flop, Midorikawa, Stuntology, The_Pikachu)
Midorikawa: 6 (BlisseyandtheAquaJets, Leggo, Paperhorse, Human Dawn, CrackFox, Phoenicks)

And yet this is the final count:
Midorikawa 4
Phoenicks 3.5

What happened to the other 3.5 votes?

Also, I was really too busy today to make an analysis of the thread, I shall do so now.
Edit again: I noticed this:
By the way, I've noticed something strange about the Day 2 vote results:

Marius 4.25
Phoenicks 4.25

That's a total of 8.5 voting power, when there should have been a total of 9. Do you guys have any idea about this?
Does anyone else think there could be a half voter? Doesn't explain the other 3 votes lost, but it's one less mystery.
Also, I'm suspicious of Denial due to his angry spat with Phoenicks. It's not due to his suspicion of Phoenicks, as such, as I was also suspicious of him (although that suspicion is dissipating now) but Denial's angry tone and general easiness to get riled up this game is very unlike him.

Last edited:

Before I begin, I just want to say great job to all the voters on the mid wagon. Regarding the final vote count, it is really odd and we should definitely look more into it. My guess is that someone didn't want someone to get lynched. Maybe another mafia member tried to save mid but failed? Like I said, we have to look more into that so we could prevent that in the future as a mafia member was almost saved by it.

I wasn't really angry at phoenicks. It was tough to respond to all of the posts that were directed at me during the peak of the argument between phoenicks and I. If I came up as angry I didn't mean to. I was just frustrated that I had so many posts to respond to. I understand that that is nobody's fault though.

I am actually really surprised that a mid lynch came up so suddenly but I am really glad that it did and I am really satisfied with the results of Day 3. I'm gonna admit that my suspicions on Phoenicks have kind of died down because of this. Plus CF (who is my top town read by the way) talked to him and understood him enough to Unvote him and thus causing the lynch of an actual scum member. So I'm gonna back off Phoenicks for now until something else tells me otherwise but until then, @Phoenicks; is no longer one of my scum reads.

We got one!

But I wonder why those numbers are the way they are...I literally have no idea...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom