• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Weirdest Pokémon anime-related rumors?

I've heard things in the past about whatever happened between Prof. Ivy and Brock, so anything to do with that would count. Brock seems obviously bothered (traumatized) by whatever happened, and I don't recall there ever being an explanation.

There was this old rumor I heard in elementary school: there is an episode where everyone is brutally killed in a cave. Except Pidgeotto, for some reason. I was totally bummed out because of that, but now that I look back, it would make a good creepypasta.

I think the rumor of Paul releasing Chimchar and Ash getting it is one.

I could have sworn that was a rumor for quite a while before it happened.

There was supposed to be another, extra secret lost episode in Kanto: The Pokemon New Year's Eve Special.

Supposedly this was a special episode that was actually completed, like the TR vs TP twoparter, but NEVER aired (and lost forever) after the Electric Soldier Porygon incident. It's mentioned on a few old websites such as TRsRockin:

http://web.archive.org/web/20090405172616/http://trsrockin.com/extrasecret.html.

I think there is definitely some basis behind it, but even the rumour itself seems to be disappearing as all the old websites that had information on it aren't listed by google anymore or are shut down.

Does anyone know any more about this??

And also speaking of old things, this video has led to many very interesting rumours: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXJrckR66lk

Last edited:
NintendoGamer said:
But a lot of that speculation was still rumoured, so it still counts as a rumour, right...?

...Not quite.

NintendoGamer said:
PropellorYoshi1808 said:
I forget if anyone has mentioned the rumored dubbed versions of "The Legend of Dratini" and "Electric Soldier Porygon".

Actually, 4 Kids confirmed that they were dubbed.

They've also denied they've been dubbed. Take a look through this thread if you have a chance.

Domino White said:
There was supposed to be another, extra secret lost episode in Kanto: The Pokemon New Year's Eve Special.

Supposedly this was a special episode that was actually completed, like the TR vs TP twoparter, but NEVER aired (and lost forever) after the Electric Soldier Porygon incident.

It's not quite a rumor, since a listing for the special showed up on TV schedules released before the Porygon episode aired. It also seems to have just been a rerun, based on its title.

From my website:

A number of Pokemon-themed specials scheduled for the end of 1997 and the beginning of 1998 were also canceled as a part of the network's Pokemon blackout. TV-Tokyo's variety show "News! The Decisive Sauce "A Pokemon Course for Father"" (情報! ソースが決め手 "お父さんのためのポケモン講座") was swapped out with a highlights-of-the-year special. The December 30th episode of the network's video game variety show "64 Mario Stadium" (64マリオスタジアム) was postponed until January 18th because it featured a "Pokemon Corner" segment. Reruns of Episodes 025 and 026 of the Moomin TV series aired on the originally scheduled date instead. The "New Year's Eve Pocket Monsters Encore" (大晦日だよポケットモンスターアンコール) special was canceled and replaced with a rerun of Mojackou (モジャ公). A mini-special named "Pokemon Quiz" (ポケモンクイズ) was replaced with "Special Program - Gift Recommendations for the New Year" (お年玉付き新春オススメとくばん).

"Pokemon Encore" was the name TV-Tokyo used for reruns of Pocket Monsters, so it's likely that this New Year's special was just an older episode aired on a special day since New Year's Eve fell on a Wednesday back in 1997.

Weirdest... mhhmm.....

I have heard rumor said Trip will face Alder, and Trip owns a Venipede, but I am proud because it was canceled, however Trip won't have a Venipede :loopy:

"Pokemon Encore" was the name TV-Tokyo used for reruns of Pocket Monsters, so it's likely that this New Year's special was just an older episode aired on a special day since New Year's Eve fell on a Wednesday back in 1997.

Several Japanese fansites list it as being a clipshow (similar to the Fall Special that aired together with episode 28). The Pokemon Encore series didn't debut until nearly two years later, so I doubt that has anything to do with this.

Supposedly this was a special episode that was actually completed, like the TR vs TP twoparter, but NEVER aired (and lost forever) after the Electric Soldier Porygon incident. It's mentioned on a few old websites such as TRsRockin:

Pokemon New Year's Eve.

I think there is definitely some basis behind it, but even the rumour itself seems to be disappearing as all the old websites that had information on it aren't listed by google anymore or are shut down.

Does anyone know any more about this??

Well, after EP038 was permanently banned and Pokemon went on hiatus and sh*t happened, that episode was automatically banned, and was never aired again, despite two Christmas specials from that time being aired a year later. The missing New Year special couldn't air on 1st January 1999, because that was the middle of the Indigo League, and it couldn't air the next year, because of course it was Johto by then.

Along with the earthquake episode, and the Rocket/Plasma two parter, that episode is missing forever, and not even a summary has ever been revealed from it.

Adamant said:
The Pokemon Encore series didn't debut until nearly two years later, so I doubt that has anything to do with this.

Probably not. I was just pointing out the fact that with this franchise, anything with the word "Encore" in the title usually means that it's a rerun.

The worst rumors I had heard of was:

Pokemon The Movie was going to have a big battle to show all 150 Pokemon.
Goldeen was going to evolve. Uh, I think this was in a thread someone spammed.
Giovanni was going to meet Ash in Virdian City.
They were going to banned the Prima episode not because of her breast but her Jynx.
Richie was going to be Ash's rival in throughout Johto. We all know that didn't happen.
Pokemon was going to end after Brock and Misty left. Aweful trolls made this the worst birdthday present for me.
Shinji was supposed to be the third member in the show from terrible poster imaging.
Misty was supposed to be an evil Team Aqua member. That was not even funny.
Guan was supposed to be Wallace's apprentance

You know what I can't go on. There was so much crap from japanese sites, american sites and ofcourse serebii.net members who loved to fool us. And we fell for it.

Misty was supposed to be an evil Team Aqua member. That was not even funny.

Ah, you heard that one too? I thought I was the only one who remembered Misty being brainwashed by Team Aqua or something like that.

Given how much of the Hoenn region has water, the evil team is based on water, I can see how the rumor started. Then again the whole Movie 9 theme was based on water too, and I think that's why there were those fake titles of Misty getting a Manaphy ep in DP? Eh?

Because of that infamous movie 10 1st teaser, everyone thought Ash's pidgeot was returning. What a nightmare, man...

93531431.jpg

Worst. Trollage. EVER.

Last edited:
You thought that was bad? What about Ho-oh Vs. Lugia for Movie 13?

We thought Ho-oh would FINALLY get a movie debut and bring toward the climax of Ash's story. What were they thinking?

Come to think of it, a lot of the Japanese trailers for the Pokemon never feature actual animation from the movies and are very misleading. What's with that?

Because of that infamous movie 10 1st teaser, everyone thought Ash's pidgeot was returning. What a nightmare, man...

93531431.jpg

Worst. Trollage. EVER.

Interesting. Where do these things come from anyway?

In the early days of pokemon like the indigo league I heard a rumor Ash's pikachu evolves into raichu in the last episode of pokemon and the last trainer he battles is his father. I know crazy right?

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom