• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Weirdest Pokémon anime-related rumors?

TokyoShojo

Reaction score
In know there have already been threads about specific Pokémon anime rumors, but this thread is about Pokémon anime rumors in general. So, what are some weird, crazy, ridiculous, or silly rumors about the Pokémon anime that you have heard? You can still tell them even if they are not that crazy. By the way, if you make up a story just to post here, it's not a rumor.

I saw a few fake pictures online of the Pokémon characters as adults. I actually thought they were real and thought there would be a new season of Pokémon in which the characters are all older, kind of like Naruto Shippuden.
There's also the rumor that there is a Japan-only Pokémon Christmas special in which Ash & May and Jessie & James kissed. I tried searching it on YouTube and that was the first time I ever got Rick Roll'd. Since I had not heard of Rick Rolling back then, I was very confused. lol
Wow, I used to be so gullible!

Probably all the Misty related rumors that kids start that spread throughout the fandom.

The dumbest one is when we were in Hoenn, some people thought Misty would be working for Team Aqua or be brainwashed by them to do their bidding. Or how Misty would command Suicine, Kyorge and other water legendaries and fight off Team Aqua with them.

Man I can write an entire essay out of all the ridiculous and borderline asinine Misty rumors that people spread.

I also loved the one about how the reason Misty left was because her voice actor quit.....LMAO. When in reality Takeshi Shudo made the decision to cut the character.

Last edited:
I probably don't know rumor, but I know of plenty of speculation. Then again, around here, rumor and speculation can be hard to distinguish.

I also remember around the time the PUSA dub switch happened, there were rumors that Pokemon would be canceled after Season 9, so in other words no DP dub. I imagine the people who spread this rumor were SOVA supporters who were trying to claim the show would get canceled simply because the 4kids VA's were no longer working on it.

Pokemon anime rumors? Never heard a lot of those.

Well, one of my classmates back in grammar school told me (this was way before I actually got to watch a decent percentage of any of the episodes) that Ash's Bulbasaur didn't evolve because the evolution process caused it pain for some reason.

There was also the rumor that May's egg would hatch into Zigzagoon (I was a big supporter of that theory, and was thus royally pissed off when it hatched into Eevee).

With a mustache.

Torkoal evo!

http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f228/snowpoint-torkoal-evo-nando-33288/

I wasnt sure whether to post this or not but this morning I was pointed to a scan found by Evil Raichu & Nando_Chiaki of BMG. This scan is supposedly from the same magazine that accurately revealed massively future plotpoints in the animé. This scan states several titles from the Froslass one revealed on a VA's blog and reveals that Nando & Barry(Jun) will help fight Team Galactic at Lake Acuity. It also states that Torkoal will return to Ash's team and evolve...this makes me question it but it'd be a pretty random thing for someone to make up. Here's the scan

torkoalevo.jpg

I also loved the one about how the reason Misty left was because her voice actor quit.....LMAO.

I still hear this one to this day.

I do remember one rumor a year ago where there was going to be a special featuring Kasumi and Manaphy.

I still hear this one to this day.

I do remember one rumor a year ago where there was going to be a special featuring Kasumi and Manaphy.

LoL, they probably wanted Movie 9 to be about Misty. A movie all about water Pokemon with a water legendary that was the prince of the sea? That movie screamed Misty, so I bet the rumor was spread that Misty would get a Manaphy ep in DP to make indoor it.

Another rumor was when the last opening showed Dawn's Togekiss, fans spread rumors of Misty reuniting with Togetic and then giving it to Dawn.

Another Misty rumor was her appearing in a fishing tournament in DP, the one where TR were capturing Goldeen.

I'll also never forget the one about the "Misty and Dawn alliance" or whatever the hell that was, where Misty was supposed to train Dawn's Piplup and her then Buizel. And how Dawn would say, "You're the lure girl!)

I am sure there are other great (hilarious) Misty rumors spread over the last 9 years .
that I am forgetting.

To be fair the Pokesho fanart spread rumors of May getting a spinoff Johto but that's the only May rumor I remember.

I am sure there are other great (hilarious) Misty rumors spread over the last 9 years .
that I am forgetting.

There were those rumors of an upcoming SPH special titled "Kasumi joins the Rocket Gang" or whatever that were floating around at some point mid-Houen.

Back when the series had just started, I remember rumors about the series being 52 episodes long, ending with Satoshi catching all 151 Pokemon, and Nyarth joining him around episode 30 or so. Fun times.

I remember when people claimed that Satoshi gave his hat to Kasumi in her farewell episode back when it first aired in Japan. Back then, people actually believed this bull because they had no way of watching the Japanese version of the show on a week by week basis.

I also remember a rumor from mid-DP that stated that Hikari likes to run around with no underwear and that the dub censored all her nudity. Someone even went to the trouble of Photoshopping actual screenshots to create these fake "uncensored" scenes.

Early BW had a lot of fake titles as well. Anyone else remember how Adeku was supposed to rumored to show up in BW 009?

Last edited:
I remember the title when Misty was supposed to return and give her Togetic to Dawn. That was supposed to tie-in with the fact Dawn was getting a Togekiss as spoiled by the opening 13.

I heard a rumor regarding a Pearlshipping spin-off with the older audience as the main target.

Before BW aired, there was a lot of these XD Ash being Iris's "knight" or something in some sort of weird quest and "Reimu" (A.K.A. Cilan :p) being the first male coordinator in the group.

When the Mastermind special was announced people thought it proved Misty was going to travel with Ash through Kanto.

I remember a rumor that was around the Dawn special. She left her newly evolved Buneary or something to become a Poké-Stylist model. Also that something with her Ambipom and Ash's Buizel would happen.

In the Brock special, that his Marshtomp evolved.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom