• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

POPULAR: What Did You Write Today?

Wrote the next chapter of Dawn of Courage this morning ("Malevolent Machinations").

Anyway, Muu has his next plan set up, hoping it'll finally wipe out the party. On their end the party is tense, knowing that Vertebreak could be just around the corner. In anticipation for the fight Nova summons Elora and Fou for extra firepower. Not long after Vertebreak and a platoon of Undead Soldiers appear. The party dons their various Shaman forms and are able to wipe out the Undead Soldiers with ease. Vertebreak, however, proves to be as tough as ever, even knocking out Sir Reginald, forcing Nova to take the reins. After some back-and-forth Nova issues a retreat, as the party is getting battered pretty badly. He and Van will hold the line while Nina and the other retreat to a shrine to regroup. However, at the shrine, Nina notices something is not right. Sure enough, Muu's Zombie Drake emerges and attacks them, revealing the shrine to be a trap. However, Elora detects the Zombie Drake and goes after it, alerting Nova to the trap he sent his friends into, which Vertebreak confirms. He orders Van to go after Elora and help the rest of the party while he and Fou hold the line to buy time, which Van is hesitant but complies. At the shrine the party are on their last legs after getting bombarded by the Zombie Drake's Rotting Breath attack, which Nina is able to heal with Goddess Blessing, but the side effects are starting to hamper them. Elora shows up and begins a brawl with the Zombie Drake, keeping it occupied while Van comes to help the party. Nova and Fou soon appear, having somehow gotten rid of Vertebreak for the time, and he orders the party to head to a magical campsite to the east of the shrine to regroup while he stays behind to keep watch over Elora. Nova reflects on his failure and for falling for the trap but intends to make amends for it. The next chapter, "Picking Up the Pieces", features the aftermath of the fight with Vertebreak.

Wrote the next chapter of Dawn of Courage today ("Picking Up the Pieces").

Anyway, the party has made it to the magical campsite to rest. They soon revert back to their normal forms and Van is working hard to help get them back on their feet. Soon Nova and Elora show up, having succeeded in getting rid of the Zombie Drake. Nova immediately goes to work on getting things set up so the party can recover, especially Sir Reginald, who is still out cold. Not long after, however, Eoleo and his lackies show up, with Cain following close behind. Eoleo berates Nova for what happened, having heard of the event where Vertebreak and the Zombie Drake nearly killed the party (though he's mostly focused on Nina), putting the blame squarely on Nova. Cain comes to Nova's defense, saying it wasn't entirely his fault and the fact that Nova still kept his party alive while Muu's side took casualties is worth praise. Eoleo starts harping about Nova's failure and giving him grief, but to everyone's surprise Nova takes the mature path and accepts the blame and responsibility for his mistake. He openly admits his failure and that he's doing everything he can to rectify his mistake. Eoleo tries to prove his superiority over Nova but the pink-haired archer is able to shut him down with some well-crafted counterarguments, to the point that Eoleo is left unable to respond, completely dismantling his claims of superiority and any attempt to salvage the situation in his favor. Even Cain joins in on the verbal takedown of the Werecat, showing that he's gained respect for Nova and further dismantling any chance Eoleo has to counter Nova, leaving him completely speechless and struggling to respond. He even punches Nova in an attempt to turn the tables but is unable to do any sort of meaningful damage to Nova, further proving the latter's statements, leaving him completely defeated. The next chapter, "Reflections", features more of the aftermath of the day's events.

Wrote the next chapter of Dawn of Courage this morning ("Reflections"). I actually started it yesterday but a migraine cut it short.

Anyway, the party, Cain, and Eoleo's group are still together. Nova is making dinner while the party engages in light conversation. Cain comes to learn more about Nova and Nina, such as their status as black sheep and their strained relationships with their respective families. Soon they sit down to eat. After dinner Nova tells Nina and the others to rest while he does a night watch, which is normally unneeded but with the threat of Vertebreak still breathing down their necks he doesn't want to take a chance at being caught off-guard. During the night a Corpse tries to get into the magical campsite but Nova casually blasts it with a Holy Bolt spell. He then reflects on a similar incident, when it was just him and Nina, and where he became a weeping wreck after a Corpse scared the daylights out of him way back at the start of his journey. He now notes that he treats monsters like Corpses as nuisances instead of threats, showing just how far he's come. Cain even compliments him on the fact that Nova went from a coward who freaked out over a simple Corpse to someone who is willing to face Vertebreak pretty much alone, proving Nova's growth. He resumes the night watch while Nina also reflects at how much Nova's grown. The next chapter, "Birth of the Chaos Archer", features the long-awaited Shaman form's debut.

Forgive the double post but I did double duty today in the writing department. First, I wrote the next chapter of Dawn of Courage ("Birth of the Chaos Archer").

The party has since recovered from their encounter with Vertebreak and Muu's Zombie Drake. Cain and Eoleo's group are still tailing after them, with Eoleo still harping about yesterday's events. After enough insults Nina blasts him with Giga Boom, leaving him a charred mess. The party then discusses what to do about Vertebreak, as even their best combos aren't enough. Nina suggest that Nova at least try to use his Shaman Magic Bracelet and see if he's gained a Shaman form now. Nova's hesitant but the arrival of Vertebreak and 15,000 Undead Soldiers forces him to go through with it. And he succeeds, creating the Chaos Archer, to Nina's delight and Eoleo's dismay. Nova then proceeds to tear through the Undead Army single-handedly, displaying even more power than past Shaman forms have shown. Vertebreak tries to annihilate him with Dark Cannon but not only does Nova effortlessly block it but he absorbs its power for himself. He fires one last arrow, infused with the energy he just absorbed and growing it to gargantuan size, right at Vertebreak. Despite his best efforts Vertebreak is unable to stop the attack and is destroyed in an epic fashion. Nova then proceeds to bow to Nina (and swats Eoleo away), to her delight, before he transforms back, revealing he had fainted from being drained of all his energy. Van is able to revive Nova with an Energy Potion, saying that he may still have some compatibility issues, resulting in him exhausting himself, but the payoff is worth it. But everyone suggests he uses the Chaos Archer form sparingly so he doesn't completely burn himself out, which he agrees. The party heads to the next village to rest, Cain following them there for his own reasons, and leaving Eoleo to fume, swearing to stomp Nova down. The next chapter, "Put a Ring On It", features more magical accessory adventures.

And speaking of magical accessories, I made a new segment for regular magical accessories on my Item List: "Offensive Magical Accessories", which are magical accessories that cast low level offensive and status-inflicting spells on the enemy. In essence, they're the same as Nova's Elemental Armlets only they cast weak spells instead of the stronger ones his cast, but, in turn, are more common, thus easier to get ahold of for most regular folk. I also reordered the "Elemental Rings" and "Elemental Wards" into the same section where the other magical accessories are, as they are technically magical accessories, just a different type.

I was just looking at the list of Zelda Dungeons that I have for later to base a story around. Guess what? I have the Ghost Ship from Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass listed as one of the dungeons! I literally was like, "Why did I not use THAT for my Halloween one-shot entry?". Well, kind of late now at this point...

Wrote the next chapter of Dawn of Courage today ("Put a Ring On It"). It's slightly filler-ish but it does explain a few concepts and act as a break in between major battles.

Anyway, the party has made it to the next town, which is a combination of a trader town and hot spring town. The party takes advantage of this to stick around for a while to rest and recover from the most recent events. The party runs into Cain at the hot springs, who is, again proving to be rather civil with them. He ends up learning about the size of Nova's "sword", to his shock and dismay, wondering how he's going to beat that. Nova and Nina are in a separate hot spring, enjoying each other's company and getting rather lovey-dovey. The next day Nova sets up his accessory shop with Nina by his side while the rest of the gang runs errands. He not only meets a member of a race he's never seen before (plantman) but learns that most magical accessory sellers only allow one item per person, per day, something he didn't know was a thing, which makes his shop all the more desirable as he doesn't have that policy. After several sales and rejoining the group they have lunch. Afterward they run into Cain again who presents Nina with a Rock Blast Ring, a type of offensive magical accessory that casts the Level 1 Earth spell Rock Blast. He got it for her because he came to notice that she knows several magical elements except Wood and Earth, which given she's a Phoenix Clan member makes sense. So he wanted her to have access to an element she doesn't normally have as well as a means of flirting with her. Nina is hesitant to take it, only doing so because Nova tells her to, saying it might be useful in their quest against Muu. Cain moves on after flirting with Nina a bit more. The party is surprised at how well Nova took all that, which he responds that he's confident enough in his relationship with Nina to not be threatened by something as simple as a small gift being given to her. He secretly says he'll make Nina an engagement ring in hopes it'll deter other possible advances from other men and solidify their future together. The next chapter, "A Mammoth Problem", features the party dealing with a new Undead General.

Forgive the double post but I got the next chapter of Dawn of Courage done ("A Mammoth Problem"). This one has a major event happen in it so it's pretty important to the series.

Anyway, Muu's army is in a panic after Vertebreak's destruction. Muu, in a desperate bid to take out the party and regain stability in his ranks, sends out a new Undead General to take on the party. At the time the party had finished their spa treatments and are back on the road. They soon have a run-in with Eoleo, Ian, and Hunter. Ian and Hunter are finally getting fed up with Eoleo's actions and are calling him out on it. However, before anything else can happen, the new Undead General: General Mammarrow (who is an expy of SkullMammothmon) appears, summoning a herd of Undead mammoths to attack the group. Everyone in the party, sans Nova, transform into their Shaman forms and go into battle, while Nova summons his mana bow to make up for not using his Chaos Archer form. Van, in his Steam Engine Charger form, challenges Mammarrow head-on, creating a stalemate between the two titans. Eoleo keeps getting in between the party and their enemies, require them to save him, and his continued ungratefulness is wearing on their nerves. Finally Nova deals the killing blow to Mammarrow, destroying his core, with Van smashing his skull as a final message to Muu. The party call out Eoleo's actions and ungratefulness during the battle. Ian and Hunter have finally had enough, calling Eoleo out and abandoning him, even asking Nova to use Banish to send them back to their den without Eoleo. Nova gladly complies, much to Eoleo's shock. After Nova uses Banish on Ian and Hunter he continues the verbal takedown on the Werecat, citing he's now all alone and it's all his fault. Eoleo lashes out at Nova with a punch but fails to do any sort of damage, only further proving everyone's feelings about him. The party abandons him as well, leaving him to his fate. Eoleo swears to prove them wrong, but they brush it off, saying it's not the first time he's sworn that. The next chapter, "Phantom Night Fox", features the titular Shaman form's debut.

Wrote the next chapter of Dawn of Courage ("Phantom Night Fox").

The party are on their way to the next village. This village is famous for its various Silver Vegetables, which the party is eager to purchase some since they would make for high-quality meals. However, the village was attacked by an Arch Wizlord and its Wizlock minions, who took off with a sizable amount of the crops. The party goes after the monsters in order to take back the crops and keep them from attacking again. The Wizlocks are easily enough to dispatch, especially since Nova uses the spell Dare to redirect their lightning attacks at him, which are nullified by the Lightning Ring he's wearing. Soon they face the Arch Wizlord. Kettu tries out a new combo for a Shaman form, becoming the Phantom Night Fox, a Wood/Wind/Dark element form. He proceeds to tear the Arch Wizlord a new one before killing it with Death Wish Whisper, ending the threat. The party finds the missing crops, although some of them have already been eaten, and return them to the village, who are very grateful that they don't have to worry about the monsters attacking ever again. The next chapter, "Magic Duel", features Nina getting into a fight with another spellcaster, one that has her eyes on Nova.

Nein Nine words today, thought I wrote more, but I guess I remembered wrong. Oh right, nothing yesterday as I worked on other projects.

I reworked the first chapter of a Pokemon fanfic I decided to write way back in January this year and haven't touched because I thought it was stupid and lame. I haven't written Pokemon fanfic in X number of years and wanted to attempt a fic where the main character is not just a original trainer out on a typical Pokemon journey because I tried that like three or four times in the past and always wrote myself into a wall. I have a feeling I'll run into another wall with this one but I'll see where the spark leads me this time.

Because I got up way too early (I'm still on Daylight Saving's Time mentally) I wrote the next chapter of Dawn of Courage ("Magic Duel").

Anyway, the party has made it to the next town and are completing errands. However, Nina detects a threat via her female intuition, as someone has their eyes on Nova. The following day a sorceress named Violet kidnaps Nova right out in public, to Nina's fury. It's revealed she does this fairly frequently in an attempt to satisfy her lust, but her catches all escape whenever she tries to seduce them. Violet isn't thrilled that Nina won't back down but decides that they'll settle it on a magic duel. The winner gets Nova. Nina accepts. But there is a condition: anything that enhances one's natural magical powers and grants them additional spells must be removed. Nina's Valkyrie Armor is considered an exception because she can't fight nude. But that means Nina can't use certain magical accessories or the Arch Wizlord spellbook Nova gave her a while back, so she has to shed those item and rely on her own natural magical powers. The duel goes back and forth, with Nina's Magic Fire Feathers giving her an undeniable edge, as they keep healing her whenever she takes too much damage. Nina is able to draw out her inner strength and her desires to repay Nova for everything he's done for her helps her summon the Goddess-tier skill for Rings: Heaven's Oracle Blast, and is able to win the duel with it, reclaiming Nova. Violet breaks down into tears, upset that she lost another man and revealing she just wants a boyfriend as she's lonely. Nova teaches her the proper way to court a guy, giving her very good advice on how to win a man's heart without resorting to kidnapping and forcing herself on them. Violet takes Nova's advice to heart, realizing where she's been going wrong and makes amends with the party. Nova even gives her a pair of his Bejeweled Mana Earrings as both a nice gift and to show her one method of courting someone. The party leaves Violet on good terms, with the sorceress vowing to win a boyfriend the same way Nina did. The next chapter, "Cooking with Brass", features Nova learning about a new type of food source, one that requires a bit of extra effort to get.

Back
Top Bottom