• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

POPULAR: What Did You Write Today?

Spent some more time working on my prototype idea after having a morning outing. Wrote two more character bios: Daxter Code and his CG Strag. A bit on the short side for both of them, and the usual format. Daxter's includes, but is not limited to: "brainy brunette", "deadpan snarker", "everyone has standards", "insufferable genius", "lack of empathy", and others. Strag's includes, but is not limited to: "shock and awe", "expy", "gatling good", "horn attack", "thunder beetle", and others. This completes the main cast. Now it's time to move onto the secondary characters.

Forgive the double post but I managed to squeeze out two more bios for my prototype idea: Ethan Digit and Lance Vermilion, who are the "Higsby" and "Chaud" of the prototype idea, respectively. Same format, as always, both being a bit longer than the last few (more with Lance than Ethan, as the former is one of the "rivals" of the series). Stuff includes, but not limited to: "the ace", "ineffectual loner", "proud to be a geek", "the rival", "berserk button", "character development", "let's get dangerous!", "shopkeeper", "everyone has standards", "lack of empathy", and others. I'd say more but I've been feeling really ill for the past few hours so I'm gonna call it quits there and wait until I feel better.

Had stuff to take care of yesterday and most of today, but did get the last bit of dialogue fixed that was bothering me at the least (I decided Thursday to just leave it and then look at it again with fresh eyes).

Did a little more work on my Dawn of Courage Item List. Added in new categories: "Elemental Wards" (reduce damage from certain elements), "Potions", "Materials", and "Offensive Items" (one-use elemental weapons). Some examples include, but are not limited to: "Fire Ward", "Energy Potion", "Belladonna Bomb", "Windium", "Mythril Silver", "Taser", "Stress Potion", "Rock Ward", and others. Plan to do a category for certain types of magical accessories (both already established ones and Nova's custom creations) soon but I have a slight migraine right now so I'm gonna stop there for now.

Forgive the double post but I managed to recover enough to do some more work on my Dawn of Courage Item List. Made three more categories: "Magical Gems", "Magical Accessories (Common)", and "Magical Accessories (Rare)". In case anyone is wondering what I mean by that, the "common" magical accessory list is for items that are fairly easy to get, while the "rare" ones are much, much harder to find. As for "Magical Gems" they're gemstones with various effects such as increasing certain elements or boosting the effects of magical properties. Next up will be a list of Nova's custom magical accessories, which I plan to break down into separate categories depending on the item in question (ie: Elemental Armlets, Aura Gauntlets, etc).

Forgive the now triple post (though this'll be the last one for the night and I'm going to bed soon) but I made a ton of progress on the Dawn of Courage Item List. Made several categories for Nova's custom magical accessories. They are: "Elemental Armlets", "Special Armlets", "Aura Gauntlets", "Elemental Energy Gauntlets", "Special Gauntlets", "Magical Rings", and "Eye Gem Gloves".

To clarify, the "Elemental Armlets" posses standard Elemental Coins (ie: Torch Coin, Moon Coin, etc) while the "Special Armlets" possess the more unique Elemental Coins (ie: Angel Coin, Reaper Coin, and Heal Coin). The "Aura Gauntlets" possess the Beast Claws that generate elemental auras (ie: Trent Claw = Wood Aura, Spirit Wolf Claw = Light Aura, etc). The "Elemental Energy Gauntlets" possess the Beast Claws that infuse elemental energy into the user (ie: Snow Owl Claw = Ice energy, Scorpion Claw = Earth energy, etc). The "Special Gauntlets" are the ones that have the more unique Beast Claws (ie: Swordbeast Claw = pierces defenses, Swallowtail Claw = creates illusionary copies, etc). "Magical Rings" contain exactly that (Belladonna Ring, Marble Guard Ring, Mana Seed Ring, etc). And the "Eye Gem Gloves" contain the Eye Gems that enhance a certain element and cut mana costs for said element (ie: Bubble Glove = increases Water power by 45% and cuts mana cost by 25%, Zap Glove = increases Lightning power by 45% and cuts mana cost by 25%, etc).

There are others but that's enough for one day, especially since I'm still a bit disoriented after my migraine (I always am after a migraine). Will probably add the others either tomorrow or later on, as I've got a decently busy week this week.

@CynthiaLover
Why not just wait until someone posts?

Too impatient, especially since I'll be going to bed early to fully shake off all the effects of the migraine. And no one has posted in a while. Plus I might forget to mention it. It was a lot of work, after all, so I feel the need to report it. But like I said I'm going to bed soon so you won't hear a peep out of me until tomorrow at the earliest.

Told ya you wouldn't hear a peep out of me for the rest of the night until today. Anyway, I made a few more additions to my Dawn of Courage Item List. Added "Magical Bracelets" and "Magical Earrings" to Nova's custom magical accessory lists. Also added in several new additions to the "Magical Rings" list and updated some information on the "Elemental Energy Gauntlets" list that I had forgotten (damn migraines scramble my brain). I actually had to revisit some of my past chapters to make sure I had the information correct since I lost some of my notes regarding certain things so that took a little extra time. But I think I've got a good enough amount to end that segment and move onto the next main segment, though I'm not sure what else needs to be done on this list. We'll see.

Wrote the next chapter of Dawn of Courage this afternoon after spending most of the day cleaning ("The Carronade").

Anyway, the party makes it to the Teresita Mountains where the Carronade is built near the top. Nina flies the party up to the top in her phoenix form, allowing them to approach from behind. After Kettu scouts it out and returns with the information the party begins devising their plan. Nova, Nina, and Kettu will head deeper into the base where the Valkyrion Stone is located and remove it. Doing so will shut the entire Carronade down. When that happens Sir Reginald and the rest of the party will attack the Hex Crystal so it'll self-destruct like the various Magna Crystals before it, taking the base with it. The party wants to avoid fighting any Undead Soldiers, instead relying on stealth. Nova stores the Valkyrion Stone in his Digi-Pack, thereby shutting down the Carronade, signaling to Sir Reginald's group to attack the Hex Crystal so it'll begin the process of self-destruction. They managed to escape the mountain on Nina's phoenix form just moments before the Carronade, and the entire top of the mountain, are destroyed. While the party is glad for another victory they know that this'll most definitely be the final straw for Muu, meaning General Vertebreak could be their next opponent. Nova, showing how much he's grown, manages to rally the party to not give into fear and that they'll find a way to overcome their enemies. Meanwhile, Muu learns of the Carronade's destruction and decides that he has to send out Vertebreak to stomp out the party before they cause him any more problems. The next chapter, "Malevolent Machinations", features Muu's attempt to wipe out the party for good.

EDIT: Forgot to mention one thing. Also did another section for Nova's magical accessories in my Item List: "Magical Charms". Now that should be the end of his creations. Now I can get to work on any other items that are important to the story.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom