• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What do you do with your Shiny Pokemon?

Most of my Shiny Pokemon stay in their boxes, especially if I like their current form than their evolved forms (I like my Shiny Tranquil, female Unfezant looks...plain). If one has a decent nature or a moveset though, I wouldn't hesitate to try raising it.

Depends if it's one I can see being on my team :3 If so, i'll raise it ^-^ If not, i'll leave it in my box forever xD;

Depends what the Pokémon is. If it looks nasty, I'll either keep it in the PC or trade it for something cool (I did this with a shiny FEMALE NIDORAN I hatched), but if it's something I like, I'll train it, especially if it has a good nature. I'm going to try hatching a shiny Drifloon when I complete Black again, and I'll definitely train that.

Spr_5b_031_s.png

As I've said before, the only shiny I have is a dark green Nidoqueen, which stays in Box 2, permanently. I just can't stand that color.

I raise them if they're Pokemon I like or things I don't normally use and my team has room for them. I don't normally keep a Pidgeot on my team, but I did back in Silver due to finding a shiny Pidgey.

Whenever I catch a Red Gyarados though, that guy goes in a box. Leveling him up feels like such a drag.

I've got a shiny Tyranitar, which is lvl 90, so I'm still training it and also a shiny Dragonite lvl 72, so yeah, looks like more training for both of them, but extra for my Dragonite.

I only trained one shiny of mine soo far and thats my level 100 golden Altaria (nicknamed Gold) that i still haven't migrated from Leaf Green yet lol. XD;

I might train some others some day, though...i'd be kinda cool to have a shiny gengar....(gts ftw lol)

I used to just collect them back when I had a ton of them (something like 100? idk, ran a trade shop for awhile), but if I got one in a trade that had a good nature or egg moves I might raise them. Those were all on my HG copy which I restarted the other day...hehe. TL;DR I mostly just let them sit in my box lookin' pretty.

Well the last shiny Pokemon I found in the wild was a Slowpoke about a year ago, and I happened to EV train it because it was good enough. I also trained the shiny beasts, so I train them I guess.

What I'm currently doing with 2 shinies that I got in a trade is trying to train them up to lv.100, without using any other Pokemon to switch out to to train them up. If that makes sense.

If I get them during the game, I will use them. If I get them during the post-game, I didn't decide yet on that...

Well, I have some shiny's that I'm using for my competitive team, but any shiny's I get that are not ones I'm specifically looking for, I hold on to them and use them as bargaining chips for trading to get the pokemon that I do want.

If I only have one shiny of the species and it's awful, I'll usually box it. I like them but unless I have a use for it, it seems kind of silly. Obviously good stats and nature are a good reason to ev train one, though I've done it with "good enough" ivs and nature as well since they are special to me.

There are a few exceptions about awful stats though. I found my stunfisk during my playthrough of White so he was put on my in game team. My pachirisu is pretty good for catching things so I stuck her on the same team after I poketransfered her from Diamond. I have a shiny linoone from training that has awful stats but, unlike my poor pachi, was blessed with pickup. So when I go on my item hunts it usually gets to come with me.

But, as a shiny hunter, I think your friend is nuts.

If it's a Pokemon I like, I'll train it of course, otherwise I'll just keep it in a box and show it off from time to time.

I haven't seen many, but I always catch any I encounter. I'd rather have a strong Pokemon for competitive battles, so I'm unlikely to use them in battle, and I usually prefer the original colour anyway. If asked, I might trade one of them for a strong competitive Pokemon in return, but I have trouble departing anything I consider valuable. "It could be worth something one day!" is what I say, even when it's just data in a video game.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom