• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What do you think about TRio in Best Wishes?

Are Jessie, James and Meowth OOC?

• Yes

Votes: 27 26.5%
  • No

Votes: 38 37.3%
  • I Don't Know...

Votes: 17 16.7%
  • I don't Care

Votes: 20 19.6%

• Total voters
Makes you wonder why they're doing this NOW.

Why wasn't this done back in the DP era? I guess we had Pokehunter J to steal the show back then.

Compared to DP, the TRio now has an assortment of gadgets supplied to them I believe that cannot be bought anywhere (smoke balls, glass barriers which I thought it was a force field, etc.). They're also retrained now that their boss is now depending on them. Before BW, they had to resort to spending their hard earned money on different mechanical beasts and whatnot to implement their "fear" towards opposing people. They still were pretty cool in DP, but like always it slowly loses excitement in the middle of the series which puzzles me greatly on the structure of the anime now.

Looking at TRio right now, I'm hoping they don't pull that pitiful J closure on us. She had every right to escape.

Even though loosing their old pokemon (Wobbuffet especially) was probably due to the Voice acting, I still think they are acting out of character. I mean, Jessie seemed fine about leaving her pokemon behind although she has already exclaimed they are dear to her (remember in the recent ditto episode?) and James was obviously very close.

I don't like the new TR.

They're extremely boring now.

Every episode of BW that has aired so far has been boring because TR is no longer providing the comedy that once served as a great alternative to the serious side of the show.

Pokemon was never a completely serious anime, and the writers are failing miserably trying to make it one now.

Pokemon was never a completely serious anime, and the writers are failing miserably trying to make it one now.

Satoshi seems to be supplying the majority of the comic relief now, so it still evens out. As for the Rockets not being funny, did you miss the Battle Club episode? Nyasu was hilarious, especially with those Battle Club guys.

Satoshi seems to be supplying the majority of the comic relief now, so it still evens out. As for the Rockets not being funny, did you miss the Battle Club episode? Nyasu was hilarious, especially with those Battle Club guys.

It doesn't even out at all because Ash's main duty is not comedic relief like TR's was.

Why can't TR be badass (this doesn't mean they HAVE to be so damn serious) and funny at the same time? Why should it be only one and not both?

I for one, want my comic releif back! Wobba-whatshisface leaving is bad enough, but they sapped 99% of the comedy from the TRio the minute BW started. Ash isn't doing well being the main source of comedy in the anime alone (Even with the occasional laugh from Iris and whatnot), and to make it worse, if you gave Jessie, James, Meowth and every other team rocket member the same voice, you could never tell them apart. I'll be sticking to the DP saga, mind you.

And now that i've got my BW series rant out of the way, i'd like to express the fact that I hate every saga when it is first released, and I always end up watching every episode 50 times anyway.

Unrelated, but anyone else notice it seems much more aparent Ash's eyes are brown this season? Or is it just me?

I'm satisfied with the new TRio. I like how they evened out the comedy among all the characters and didn't make TRio the main comic relief (IMO, Satoshi doesn't get this task, he simply has more screentime), giving them a chance to be more than that. The lack of blast offs is a breath of fresh air, I love how they always escape using a different means now.

However, while this new TRio is working for me thus far, I'm expecting them to have their "silly season" days, with a blast off or two for nostalgia's sake.

That said, I hope they keep like this. Asking them to be a bit sillier but not like they were would be asking too much, so I say, keep things like what they are at least for now. I just hope they at least fulfill some missions, otherwise this change would be pointless. I mean, Satoshi got his national reset and TRio evolved just to keep on not accomplishing their goals?

I officially like this new Team Rocket. They're much more competent. And they've learned that running away when the time calls for it causes much less physical pain rather than getting blasted off.

Unfortunately, the dub's going to mix this newfound seriousness with jokes every other line like always and ruin the mood in places. Or maybe that'll change too for the better.

They aren't acting out-of-character at all - they have finally returned to their former glory! *cue lightning, thunder, and echoey cackle effect*

Reminds me of their debut episode in Season 1 - you know, not total idiots.

I officially like this new Team Rocket. They're much more competent. And they've learned that running away when the time calls for it causes much less physical pain rather than getting blasted off.

Unfortunately, the dub's going to mix this newfound seriousness with jokes every other line like always and ruin the mood in places. Or maybe that'll change too for the better.

I fear for The BW TRio in the dub....

Why can't TR be badass (this doesn't mean they HAVE to be so damn serious) and funny at the same time? Why should it be only one and not both?

I think they can be, but I also think that the writers are going to be more subtle about it this gen. TR are acting more adults but I'm sure we'll see some remnants of their goofiness surface from time to time.

I'm just loving the potential developpement that can come from this. If it sacrifices a bit of the comedy they brought then so be it.

What "development"?

They're just pulling off the same schemes they usually do and, I imagine, people who were tired of them before will likely get tired of them once this brief euphoria ends after a few weeks.

I agree that I love Koromori and, if they decide to keep Team Rocket super-serious, at the very least they can still give them the quirky Pokemon to make up for that. C'mon Zuruggu!

They aren't acting out-of-character at all - they have finally returned to their former glory! *cue lightning, thunder, and echoey cackle effect*

Reminds me of their debut episode in Season 1 - you know, not total idiots.

Team Rocket did NOT act this way in Kanto.

What show are you watching?

I said their "debut" - I wasn't actually referring to the entire Kanto series, I was referring to their first appearance - the ONLY other time they appeared to be a legitimate threat.

The same show you are... The original debut episode was more similar to the bw series, and personality-wise for some episodes after that...

And don't be so literal about everything as if the person is talking about everything was the same...

They were much more serious in Kanto and slowly became more goofier with each episode... And in Pokemon Chronicles, they acknowledged that even before that, they were exactly like Best Wishes...

And in the original series, the episode about the gang members, it said something similar...

In DP, it used kanto as being an example of them being at their best... If it hadn't been for Meowth using recycled material for their robot, Ash and co. wouldve lost...

Just because something reminds someone of something that doesn't remind you of something doesn't make it wrong...

They were much more serious in Kanto and slowly became more goofier with each episode... And in Pokemon Chronicles, they acknowledged that even before that, they were exactly like Best Wishes...

And in the original series, the episode about the gang members, it said something similar...

Team Rocket were defeated by Caterpie in episode 3 and had a tank made of paper in episode 4 that was eaten away by a bunch of Weedle.

I've give you their debut episode, but that's it.

I won't deny them being serious in that Hoso ep but, "slowly became more goofier"? Ok, if one ep difference is slowly. :p

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom