• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What do you want in Gen 6?

i want more dual type. instead of just reusing the same dual types over and over. if i see another grass/poison combo i think ill scream! i particularly want more ghost dark psychic ice and poison dual types.

This for sure. With all of the combinations available there really isn't as much variety as there could be. I'd love to see some new interesting match-ups such as Ghost/Ice, Ghost/Grass, Electric/Ice etc.

I may have mentioned it in my previous post, I can't remember, but I hope Gen VI will introduce evolutions to some older Pokemon who really deserve one. Namely Pachirisu, Plusle/Minun, Sharpedo, Banette, Chatot, Spinda, Shuckle... there's too many!

i want a ghost dual type for every type. including normal. but i really want a ghost/psychic.

new interesting match-ups such as Ghost/Ice

Somewhere, a Froslass is crying.

haha i love froslass

new interesting match-ups such as Ghost/Ice

Somewhere, a Froslass is crying.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :'D

I've always wanted to see a Psychic/Dark Pokémon. Yes, it would be two times weak to Bug but it wouldn't have any other weaknesses!

ghost, dark, psychic, and ice are my top 4 types. i want as many combinations of the those 4 as possible and dual tyoes of those types.

no more fire/fighting starter i swear to god if i see another one....

thats why i always pick the water starter

more animalistic pokemon not these robots
Somewhere, Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott, Lillipup, Patrat, Purrloin, Pidove, Blitzle, Tympole, Sewaddle, Sandile, Dwebble, Zorua, Mincinno, Emolga, Deerling, Axew, Joltik, Stunfisk, Bouffalant, Rufflet, Vullaby, Durant and their respective evolutions (if any) are crying right now.

Now for my post proper.
-Trade Boxes: Pokemon in a special box that you can trade via Streetpass.
-Streetpass friendcode trading.
-PWT, Musicals, Contests (with battles), Battle Tents, PokeStar Studios, Secret Bases and Battle Frontier all returning.
-160 new Pokemon: 100 brand new Pokemon for the first region (excluding legendaries) and 60 Pokemon for the second region (30 new evolutions/pre-evolutions for the Battle Frontier and 30 other Pokemon including legendaries).
-Not 100% 3D. Maybe like Colosseum but almost with BW2's perspective.
-BW2's battle system but with PBR's battle graphics.
-Weather to be shown in-battle at all times.
-Oh yeah, Secret Bases should be traded with Streetpass.
-C-Gear to return, activated by an icon in the corner of the touch screen. The rest of the touch screen will be the constantly displayed menu.
-Grass/Psychic, Fire/Poison and Water/Bug starters.
-NO MORE LEGENDARY DRAGONS. I appreciate their epicness, but they've become a bit taboo for regular trainers. Any regular trainer in-game with a Dragon type is considered over-powered for some reason unless it's a Veteran or an Ace Trainer.
-Some new trainer classes/returning classes: Tamer, Painter, Actor/Actress, Super Nerd etc
-Dragon and Flying Eeveelutions.
-The following Gym Leaders
Electric
-Emolga lv13
-New Electric type lv15

Normal
-Ditto (with Imposter) lv18
-Aipom lv18
-New Normal type lv20

Grass
-Simisage lv24
-New Grass type lv24
-New Grass type lv25

Fire
-New Fire type lv29
-Magmar lv29
-New Fire type lv30

Water
-Carracosta lv36
-New Water type lv36
-New Water type lv38

Fighting
-New Fighting type lv42
-Gurdurr lv42
-New Fighting type lv43

Psychic
-Sigilyph lv47
-New Psychic type lv47
-New Psychic type lv47
-New Psychic type lv49

Dark
-New Dark type lv51
-New Dark type lv50
-Zoroark lv50
-New Dark type lv53
-The Pokemon League to be a PWT styled tournament with 6 rounds. Specific NPCs and people you've streetpassed will be in here.
Round 1 Trainer
-Simisear lv52
-Random New Pokemon lv52
-Dugtrio lv53

Round 2 Trainer (Double Battle)
-Cryogonal lv52
-Random New Pokemon lv52

Round 3 Trainer (Sandstorm)
-Armaldo lv53
-Steelix lv53
-New Pokemon lv54

Round 4 Trainer (Rain)
-Politoed lv53
-Random New Water Pokemon lv53
-Specific New Pokemon lv53
-Seaking lv54

Round 5 Trainer (Triple Battle)
-Random New Pokemon lv54
-Klinklang lv54
-Cradily lv54

Round 6 Trainer (Character you met after Gym 6)
-New Pokemon lv55
-New Pokemon lv55
-New Pokemon lv55
-Ambipom lv55
-Whatever Starter is waeak to yours lv56
-After you win, battle the Elite Four
Ice (Hail team)
-Cryogonal lv59
-Vanulluxe lv59
-New Ice type lv59
-New Ice type lv69
-New Ice type lv60

Poison (Entry hazards)
-Roserade lv59
-Crobat lv59
-New Poison type lv59
-Vileplume lv59
-New Poison type lv60

Ghost (Sleep)
-New Ghost type lv59
-New Ghost type lv59
-Gengar lv59
-New Ghost type lv59
-New Ghost type lv60

Steel/Psychic (Trick Room)
-Bronzong lv59
-Metagross lv59
-New Steel type lv59
-New Psychic type lv59
-New Steel type lv60

Champion Rival (Various)
-New Pokemon lv62
-New Dragon type lv62
-New Pokemon lv62
-Psuedo Legendary lv62
-Regirock/Registeel/Regice lv62
-Starter lv64
-Gym rematches where the leader's Pokemon are all leveled 59-69
-Elite Four rematches where all Pokemon are 18-20 levels higher
-VS SEEKER, AND ONE THAT WORKS IN DUNGEONS
-The second region to continue the plot of the evil team, where the main story climax takes place
-Completing the story enables rematches, legendary Pokemon and the Battle Frontier
-Battle Frontier to have a Grand Festival contest village
-Loads and loads and loads and loads of little caves and areas with rare Pokemon
-Barely any Hoenn Pokemon available because remakes
-New Elemental monkeys for Electric, Ice and Flying
-Visit Unova...?
-Spiky-Eared Pichu
-Region 1 to use Cut, Fly, Surf and Strength
-Region 2 to use Waterfall, Dive and Rock Climb
-Optional following Pokemon
-Choose up to 5 of your Pokemon to run around in your Secret Base which your friends can battle
-Customizable trainers (But, you're the default trainer at the start)
-MOAR FUSIONS
-Every legendary to have alternate formes

Okay, I am done.

I want Game Freak to pay attention to what the fans want or at the least take it into consideration at the end of the day were the ones who buy the games and without us they get no revenue so if possible I think they should have a website or something where we can post our ideas and our likes and dislikes on current games doesn't anyone agree. I guess its not so much what I want in Generation 6 but what I want for every Generation to come.

The pokemon I made are:
Dolphin water/psychic starter
Wolf fire/dark starter
Panda grass/fighting starter
Lion normal/ground once fully evolved early route pokemon. In first/second stage it is just normal.
Lightningrod Pokemon

A separate delux game for the adult fans.
I heard that the average age of pokemon players has gone up from teen to twenties, so I think it's time they gave some recognition for the ever-loving maniacs.

And I'd also like places that are travel-able by train - and like the battle subway, or the royal unova, you could battle trainers while you move

I heard that the average age of pokemon players has gone up from teen to twenties, so I think it's time they gave some recognition for the ever-loving maniacs.

You know, I've been thinking about an idea similar to this. When having paired versions, there presents the opportunity to make them cater to different areas of the fanbase. For example:

One version focuses on all the traditional things the Pokemon series is known for. The standard badge quest, defeating the E4, all that and a simple villain team that sometimes impedes you on your journey. The target audience is the younger fans.

The other version completely goes against the norm. The standard badge quest is completely deviated from, or completely optional, hell maybe not even do-able unless downloaded via DLC and exclusive to the other version otherwise. Instead this version has its own quest that focuses things on a more deeper level, kinda like BW and the Colosseum games did. There would still be bosses that resemble Gym Leaders, and maybe a group thats similar to the E4 and Champion in function, but in execution entirely different. These opponents, could also be downloadable via DLC to the other version with the standard Gym Leaders. The target audience here is the older fans.

The only problem that this might create is a split in the fanbase due to the bigger version difference, but having certain things handled via DLC so everyone doesn't miss out on a Gym Leader, E4 member, or version exclusive opponent would be ideal. I really think its time to shake things up a bit in regard to version differences overall, Black City/White Forest were just a small step in what could be possible.

I'll be honest, I sort of want a multi-region thing going on. Maybe chasing the villains around the new region, Unova, Hoenn etc.
If not, I'll be eternally grateful if FireRed and LeafGreen were ported into the Gen VI engine for the 20th anniversary in 2016.

You know, I've been thinking about an idea similar to this. When having paired versions, there presents the opportunity to make them cater to different areas of the fanbase. For example:

One version focuses on all the traditional things the Pokemon series is known for. The standard badge quest, defeating the E4, all that and a simple villain team that sometimes impedes you on your journey. The target audience is the younger fans.

The other version completely goes against the norm. The standard badge quest is completely deviated from, or completely optional, hell maybe not even do-able unless downloaded via DLC and exclusive to the other version otherwise. Instead this version has its own quest that focuses things on a more deeper level, kinda like BW and the Colosseum games did. There would still be bosses that resemble Gym Leaders, and maybe a group thats similar to the E4 and Champion in function, but in execution entirely different. These opponents, could also be downloadable via DLC to the other version with the standard Gym Leaders. The target audience here is the older fans.

The only problem that this might create is a split in the fanbase due to the bigger version difference, but having certain things handled via DLC so everyone doesn't miss out on a Gym Leader, E4 member, or version exclusive opponent would be ideal. I really think its time to shake things up a bit in regard to version differences overall, Black City/White Forest were just a small step in what could be possible.

Sounds like a good idea. There's really no reason for GF not to do something special for the older fan base. By now, they should (or maybe they already do) realize that most of their clients are people in their late teens or 20s and up - people who don't have to whine to their parents to buy the games, truly enjoy it to the most deepest feature it can offer, and can participate in various events held at remote areas. They were and are, after all, their money makers.

If they can include such features for the older fan-base in Gen 6, yes, I think those DLC options would be fantastic while having different versions so that nobody can complain on how unfair it is. (and there are bound to be people who would buy both versions)

They should also bring in a player character that can represent both age groups. Like, maybe a 15 or 16 year old teen who can be viewed as a child AND a young adult depending on the audience.

I'd like a fast Water starter for one. Sorta sad when Blastoise and Feraligatr are tied for fastest.

Also a Defence and Special Defence-focused Fire starter. Hey, it hasn't been done yet. But I'd be disappointed in another Fire/Fighting starter.

i think having a way to collect all the gym badges from every region would be cool. and then once you beat each regions e4 you get an e4 badge. and you have to get all the e4 badges to go fight a new super e4 type deal.

more animalistic pokemon not these robots
Somewhere, Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott, Lillipup, Patrat, Purrloin, Pidove, Blitzle, Tympole, Sewaddle, Sandile, Dwebble, Zorua, Mincinno, Emolga, Deerling, Axew, Joltik, Stunfisk, Bouffalant, Rufflet, Vullaby, Durant and their respective evolutions (if any) are crying right now.

Now for my post proper.
-Trade Boxes: Pokemon in a special box that you can trade via Streetpass.
-Streetpass friendcode trading.
-PWT, Musicals, Contests (with battles), Battle Tents, PokeStar Studios, Secret Bases and Battle Frontier all returning.
-160 new Pokemon: 100 brand new Pokemon for the first region (excluding legendaries) and 60 Pokemon for the second region (30 new evolutions/pre-evolutions for the Battle Frontier and 30 other Pokemon including legendaries).
-Not 100% 3D. Maybe like Colosseum but almost with BW2's perspective.
-BW2's battle system but with PBR's battle graphics.
-Weather to be shown in-battle at all times.
-Oh yeah, Secret Bases should be traded with Streetpass.
-C-Gear to return, activated by an icon in the corner of the touch screen. The rest of the touch screen will be the constantly displayed menu.
-Grass/Psychic, Fire/Poison and Water/Bug starters.
-NO MORE LEGENDARY DRAGONS. I appreciate their epicness, but they've become a bit taboo for regular trainers. Any regular trainer in-game with a Dragon type is considered over-powered for some reason unless it's a Veteran or an Ace Trainer.
-Some new trainer classes/returning classes: Tamer, Painter, Actor/Actress, Super Nerd etc
-Dragon and Flying Eeveelutions.
-The following Gym Leaders
Electric
-Emolga lv13
-New Electric type lv15

Normal
-Ditto (with Imposter) lv18
-Aipom lv18
-New Normal type lv20

Grass
-Simisage lv24
-New Grass type lv24
-New Grass type lv25

Fire
-New Fire type lv29
-Magmar lv29
-New Fire type lv30

Water
-Carracosta lv36
-New Water type lv36
-New Water type lv38

Fighting
-New Fighting type lv42
-Gurdurr lv42
-New Fighting type lv43

Psychic
-Sigilyph lv47
-New Psychic type lv47
-New Psychic type lv47
-New Psychic type lv49

Dark
-New Dark type lv51
-New Dark type lv50
-Zoroark lv50
-New Dark type lv53
-The Pokemon League to be a PWT styled tournament with 6 rounds. Specific NPCs and people you've streetpassed will be in here.
Round 1 Trainer
-Simisear lv52
-Random New Pokemon lv52
-Dugtrio lv53

Round 2 Trainer (Double Battle)
-Cryogonal lv52
-Random New Pokemon lv52

Round 3 Trainer (Sandstorm)
-Armaldo lv53
-Steelix lv53
-New Pokemon lv54

Round 4 Trainer (Rain)
-Politoed lv53
-Random New Water Pokemon lv53
-Specific New Pokemon lv53
-Seaking lv54

Round 5 Trainer (Triple Battle)
-Random New Pokemon lv54
-Klinklang lv54
-Cradily lv54

Round 6 Trainer (Character you met after Gym 6)
-New Pokemon lv55
-New Pokemon lv55
-New Pokemon lv55
-Ambipom lv55
-Whatever Starter is waeak to yours lv56
-After you win, battle the Elite Four
Ice (Hail team)
-Cryogonal lv59
-Vanulluxe lv59
-New Ice type lv59
-New Ice type lv69
-New Ice type lv60

Poison (Entry hazards)
-Roserade lv59
-Crobat lv59
-New Poison type lv59
-Vileplume lv59
-New Poison type lv60

Ghost (Sleep)
-New Ghost type lv59
-New Ghost type lv59
-Gengar lv59
-New Ghost type lv59
-New Ghost type lv60

Steel/Psychic (Trick Room)
-Bronzong lv59
-Metagross lv59
-New Steel type lv59
-New Psychic type lv59
-New Steel type lv60

Champion Rival (Various)
-New Pokemon lv62
-New Dragon type lv62
-New Pokemon lv62
-Psuedo Legendary lv62
-Regirock/Registeel/Regice lv62
-Starter lv64
-Gym rematches where the leader's Pokemon are all leveled 59-69
-Elite Four rematches where all Pokemon are 18-20 levels higher
-VS SEEKER, AND ONE THAT WORKS IN DUNGEONS
-The second region to continue the plot of the evil team, where the main story climax takes place
-Completing the story enables rematches, legendary Pokemon and the Battle Frontier
-Battle Frontier to have a Grand Festival contest village
-Loads and loads and loads and loads of little caves and areas with rare Pokemon
-Barely any Hoenn Pokemon available because remakes
-New Elemental monkeys for Electric, Ice and Flying
-Visit Unova...?
-Spiky-Eared Pichu
-Region 1 to use Cut, Fly, Surf and Strength
-Region 2 to use Waterfall, Dive and Rock Climb
-Optional following Pokemon
-Choose up to 5 of your Pokemon to run around in your Secret Base which your friends can battle
-Customizable trainers (But, you're the default trainer at the start)
-MOAR FUSIONS
-Every legendary to have alternate formes

Okay, I am done.

Mother of God... You should work at GF and be the new games director... Seriously, this is pretty damn epic. Maybe not every single point (the starters types are meh), but this is freaking awesome. Send this to GF. Put the ideas in their minds!!!

I want Game Freak to pay attention to what the fans want or at the least take it into consideration at the end of the day were the ones who buy the games and without us they get no revenue so if possible I think they should have a website or something where we can post our ideas and our likes and dislikes on current games doesn't anyone agree. I guess its not so much what I want in Generation 6 but what I want for every Generation to come.

This is actually a very good idea. I would full heartedly support this awesomeness.

Oh, and another thing. No more Fire/Fighting starters... EVER! I can't stand it anymore.

I want them to go easy on the new formes. Sure one or two legends with new forms is fine, but it would be ridiculous for all the legendaries to get alternate formes. Id honestly rather see more fusions than new formes for now on. If they want to include new formes, Id like more normal, non legendaries to get new formes. I think the new formes for legendaries is starting to become overdone.

I posted a few ideas some pages back but I've thought of a couple more! These are all personal desires and might not be entirely feasible but hey, I can dream can't I?

* A more interactive/customisable touch screen - I'd love to be able to add my own icons to the bottom touch screen for ease of use as you can on a iPhone/smart phone. I like having 'registered' functions you can access quickly by pressing the Y button but a personalised icon screen would be a lot easier and fun to use. For example, there could be 3 rows of 4 icons. The top row could be defaulted to Pokemon, Bag, Options and Save and then you could customise the remaining 2 rows to show whatever you wish. It would be neat to have a shortcut to things you personally use a lot of such as the Dowsing Machine, Map, and Bicycle available with one tap of the touch screen. Perhaps some people would like to create a 'Surf' or 'Fly' icon so you just have to tap it to activate the action rather than pressing X > Pokemon > Select Pokemon > Fly/Surf or a C-Gear icon. Either way it would allow players to create their own ideal mixture of most commonly used items and functions.

* Random weather changes dependant on seasons - This would be great. It would give the whole game a more natural, realistic feel. Perhaps there could be a 25% chance of routes and towns being engulfed in hail or snow during winter instead of one specific route always displaying the same weather effects that disappear as soon as you reach the next area.

* Different ways to attract and find previous Gen Pokemon - Searching grass and fishing are fine but I think it would be fun to introduce some other ways to find specific Pokemon after you've completed the game and explored the region. For example to find a certain types of Bird Pokemon, you would have to use Bird Whistles (or PokeWhistles, whatever they want to call it) and play certain tunes in order to lure the birds from the sky or trees. Other methods could include laying nets/traps to which you would have to set up and return to later, like you do with slathering honey to trees.

Back
Top Bottom