• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What do you want in Gen 6?

I want a battle scene overhaul. They should ditch the sprites and replace them with 3D models. The simplistic 2D battle scene was perfect for the first few generations but it has ended up being gimmicky imo.

I think you misunderstand the meaning of the word 'gimmick'.

Ok, maybe I do. Let me rephrase that: ... it has ended up being repetitive and underwhelming. Happy now?

I don't know if anyone really cares much about this but I think something needs to be done about Pokémon Battles that take place on water. Has anyone really asked themselves how is it that Pokémon like Groudon battle on the water without sinking. I think that the only Pokémon that should be viable for water battles are Water Types and also Flying Types and Ghost Types or any other Pokémon with a levitating ability both for the actual ability and for those Pokémon that are given an impresion of floating and or flying like the Magnemite Family and Beedrill and vice versa I think it's weird seeing fish Pokémon battle on land I think these guys should not be permitted to land battles just a reminder this is just an opinion I don't want anyone getting upset over this

1.Horsea
2.Seadra
3.Kingdra
4.Goldeen
5.Seaking
6.Magikarp
7.Remoraid
8.Wailmer
9.Wailord
10.Feebas
11.Huntail
12.Gorebyss
13.Luvdisc
14.Kyogre
15.Finneon
16.Lumineon
17.Phione*
18.Manaphy*
19.Tympole
20.Basculin
21.Alomomola
22.Tentacool
23.Tentacruel
24.Lapras*
25.Chinchou
26.Lanturn
27.Qwilfish
28.Mantyke
29.Mantine
30.Carvanha
31.Sharpedo
32.Barboach
33.Whiscash
34.Relicanth

I put a mark next to the ones I wasn't sure about. Also the idea that sounds the best to me is that they could introduce a new feature possibly where the battlefield changes to accommodate each special Pokémon both on land and on the water

Last edited:
I would like for the WiFi Plaza to return. That was pretty fun. And have a minimum of 10 minigames to play with other players. The underground was pretty fun and useful for finding evolution stones and other items.

^This

I loved the wifi plaza. I want trainer customization. Specifically hats. Everybody likes hats.

Definitely trainer customerisation. Also, the ability to choose your rivals, and to have recurring trainers that you sometimes randomly meet. Also, more than 8 gyms, but with the 8 badge recquirement.

I want a battle scene overhaul. They should ditch the sprites and replace them with 3D models. The simplistic 2D battle scene was perfect for the first few generations but it has ended up being gimmicky imo.

To be honest, I don't mind the 2D sprites. Of course, 3DS has been out for a while and they have all those 3D models from Pokedex 3D Pro, so there's a decent chance you'll get your wish.

I think they need to do another overhaul like Gen III did with how stats were calculated and what not. Power creep has made fools of a lot of really interesting Pokémon and it makes me sad. :c I can't imagine them being able to do that without getting rid of trading between Gen V and VI though, which would probably upset a LOT of players.

New features that I want are:
-Team quests. It would be cool to link up with 2 or 3 other people to go on some specific journey. Maybe capturing legendary pokemon could work like this, and this would even help restore legendary pokemon to their hard-to-get status.

-Have sidequests for specific pokemon. You know the arbitrary weird stuff you had to do to get Spiritomb in D/P? Well, I want more of those. Such as, the people at a farm will give you a Miltank egg (this being the only way to obtain it) only if you do X, Y, and Z for them.

-Safari Zone competition. Someone mentioned this earlier in the thread, but I think its genius! Of course we should be competing with other people to see who can catch the best pokemon! It would also be a fun post-game activity for people to do, especially if you could open up new areas by winning competitions (perhaps after X number of wins you could open up the only area to contain Kangaskhan!)

-Open level gym leaders. This would restore the challenge to gym leaders, and I assume it would apply to the Elite 4/Champion as well. What I'm suggesting is to make the gym leader's pokemon always equal the same level as your strongest pokemon. You wouldn't be able to overlevel your team to wipe out a gym leader. So, you can't use your level 95 Charizard to solo the Elite 4 because they are going to have level 95 pokemon to match it.

-New gym strategies. Type specialization is a strategy, yes, but it's not the only one. What about a Trick Room gym leader that makes use of both Machamp and Slowking? Or an entry hazard + whirlwind team? Or a team that puts you to sleep and then U-turns out to get an advantage? Or a team that uses Mummy ability to try and get rid of Slaking's Truant? There are tons of possibilities!

Multi-colored Shinies! I love my Blue Colored Gardevoir but I can't help but to think how Cute she'd be if she had Cotton-Candy Pink Colored Hair.

Definitely trainer customerisation. Also, the ability to choose your rivals, and to have recurring trainers that you sometimes randomly meet. Also, more than 8 gyms, but with the 8 badge recquirement.

This. definitely would like character customization. not really a fan of the character models they've used since silver :\

How about, in the eight-gym system, they add a Dark-type gym. And the leader's main Pokemon would be a Houndoom?

*I'd like to see them reset the XP gain to the values they used to be. It really threw me off in BW and makes it extremely hard to train once you reach about level 70 with a Pokemon, since the highest you'll fight without facing the Elite 4 is only about 60 or so.
*Redo the in-battle touch screen menu, because it's extremely laggy. I'm surprised it wasn't fixed between BW and B2W2 like it was made to be more smooth between DP and Pt.
*Have the 3rd version of the game be like Yellow where circumstances force you to start with a non-starter Pokemon.
*More Zubat. I realize they didn't have as many in B2W2 as you'd expect, but I prefer them over the other Pokemon that you find in caves. At least Zubat go down without a fight.

I dunno if this has been mentioned, but a rematch feature for trainers OTHER THAN breeders, as I got annoyed at repeatedly battling breeders after having to leave a route to heal or buy items in b2w2. And something like in Black and White, where you can rebattle your rivals once a day after the main storyline, like Cheren on Victory Road and Bianca in the professor's lab.

*I'd like to see them reset the XP gain to the values they used to be. It really threw me off in BW and makes it extremely hard to train once you reach about level 70 with a Pokemon, since the highest you'll fight without facing the Elite 4 is only about 60 or so.

Another side effect of the new system is that you can have essentially insta-level 50 pokemon from eggs after you get to the endgame, meaning that you never end up actually using pokemon like Spheal because you can just instantly start using Walrein, and I think that takes something away from the game. I also vote for the old system.

Another side effect of the new system is that you can have essentially insta-level 50 pokemon from eggs after you get to the endgame, meaning that you never end up actually using pokemon like Spheal because you can just instantly start using Walrein, and I think that takes something away from the game. I also vote for the old system.

Exactly. Post-plot, if you use a Lucky Egg, you can get a level 1 to level 50 within a few hours since not only do the new unlocked areas have Pokemon around level 60, but all of the trainers do too. Not to mention Nimbasa City's Stadium trainers getting the boost as well.

Personally, I don't really see the problem with this. It's mostly post-game perks that allow you to do this, so once you have the hang of the game you can more fully enjoy the nuance of competitive play. It was great for me, anyway, and encouraged me to delve deeper into a game that I've always loved.

Personally, I don't really see the problem with this. It's mostly post-game perks that allow you to do this, so once you have the hang of the game you can more fully enjoy the nuance of competitive play. It was great for me, anyway, and encouraged me to delve deeper into a game that I've always loved.

If they keep it, they may as well add secret bases back in. So then you can fight your friend that has 6 level 100 Blisseys and thus bring 6 traded level 1 pokemon with a Lucky Egg from level 1 to level 81 all in one battle.

I wouldn't mind some high-leveled Blissey. Although I find leveling up extremely easy most of the time, the game could do with a Blissey or two.
And I do believe I came up with an in-depth Secret Base system a few pages back in a post that people seemed to love.

I don't know if anyone really cares much about this but I think something needs to be done about Pokémon Battles that take place on water. Has anyone really asked themselves how is it that Pokémon like Groudon battle on the water without sinking. I think that the only Pokémon that should be viable for water battles are Water Types and also Flying Types and Ghost Types or any other Pokémon with a levitating ability both for the actual ability and for those Pokémon that are given an impresion of floating and or flying like the Magnemite Family and Beedrill and vice versa I think it's weird seeing fish Pokémon battle on land I think these guys should not be permitted to land battles just a reminder this is just an opinion I don't want anyone getting upset over this

1.Horsea
2.Seadra
3.Kingdra
4.Goldeen
5.Seaking
6.Magikarp
7.Remoraid
8.Wailmer
9.Wailord
10.Feebas
11.Huntail
12.Gorebyss
13.Luvdisc
14.Kyogre
15.Finneon
16.Lumineon
17.Phione*
18.Manaphy*
19.Tympole
20.Basculin
21.Alomomola
22.Tentacool
23.Tentacruel
24.Lapras*
25.Chinchou
26.Lanturn
27.Qwilfish
28.Mantyke
29.Mantine
30.Carvanha
31.Sharpedo
32.Barboach
33.Whiscash
34.Relicanth

I put a mark next to the ones I wasn't sure about. Also the idea that sounds the best to me is that they could introduce a new feature possibly where the battlefield changes to accommodate each special Pokémon both on land and on the water

I agree this has always bugged me, but banning them from battling on land would end up being really inconvenient.

1.Horsea
2.Seadra
3.Kingdra
4.Goldeen
5.Seaking
6.Magikarp
7.Remoraid
8.Wailmer
9.Wailord
10.Feebas
11.Huntail
12.Gorebyss
13.Luvdisc
14.Kyogre
15.Finneon
16.Lumineon
17.Phione*
18.Manaphy*
19.Tympole
20.Basculin
21.Alomomola
22.Tentacool
23.Tentacruel
24.Lapras*
25.Chinchou
26.Lanturn
27.Qwilfish
28.Mantyke
29.Mantine
30.Carvanha
31.Sharpedo
32.Barboach
33.Whiscash
34.Relicanth

I agree this has always bugged me, but banning them from battling on land would end up being really inconvenient.

Yeah I agree it would be an inconvenience so I think the best thing they could is come up with some sort of new mechanic that depending on which Pokémon whether it be a land or sea is thrown out the land in that spot changes temporarily.

Back
Top Bottom