• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What do you want in Gen 6?

If there's a male, I hope we can at least name him.
If the game were turned into a manga, I also hope that the characters will be named after the games: X and Y. Even though that sounds silly, there's N, who, was named after an alphabet in the animation, the manga, and the games.
There's not much more that I can ask for.
You can name the rival in every game. Remember all of those memes that say "So my son's name is DOUCHEBAG?"

Just reminding you of Brendan and May from Hoenn, and Cheren and Bianca from Unova. Correct would be "You can name the rival in MOST games." Jus' sayin'.

If there's a male, I hope we can at least name him.
If the game were turned into a manga, I also hope that the characters will be named after the games: X and Y. Even though that sounds silly, there's N, who, was named after an alphabet in the animation, the manga, and the games.
There's not much more that I can ask for.
You can name the rival in every game. Remember all of those memes that say "So my son's name is DOUCHEBAG?"

Just reminding you of Brendan and May from Hoenn, and Cheren and Bianca from Unova. Correct would be "You can name the rival in MOST games." Jus' sayin'.

Oh yeah, and Wally. Just a little note~

I would really love for some other region involvement post main-game play. That was one thing I really loved about GS/HGSS. Have it the same way to where you fight the gym leaders/elite four but have wayyy more side stuff to do in each city and town. I think this time around it could be utilized way better because of the amount of info that can be put on a 3ds cart compared to a ds cart.

Also like lots have said, I would love to see new type combos that broke out of the conventional combos we keep getting every gen. Plus if we get a new type or two that would also be great. The only thing with new types is the concern of throwing off how the type match ups are currently, but if they do it right then there shouldn't be a problem at all.

Lastly like .Crystal said I think pokemon appearing at certain times of the day could be a cool concept and, would for me at least, add a neat kind of gimmicky concept to trying to catch certain pokemon.

The tutorials would be tolerable if we were the ones teaching another trainer. Like, how we taught Wally how to catch a pokemon in RSE? It showed that while we just received our starter, we already knew the basics of pokemon. Trivial, but I liked how they didn't treat us as complete rookies.

The tutorials would be tolerable if we were the ones teaching another trainer. Like, how we taught Wally how to catch a pokemon in RSE? It showed that while we just received our starter, we already knew the basics of pokemon. Trivial, but I liked how they didn't treat us as complete rookies.

No, what the tutorials need is an option to skip them without the person going "Really? Well, I'll teach you anyway". Dammit, I don't want to sit through your wall of text teaching me something I already know!

No, what the tutorials need is an option to skip them without the person going "Really? Well, I'll teach you anyway". Dammit, I don't want to sit through your wall of text teaching me something I already know!

IF the situation doesn't allow us to skip, then I'd rather have ME, the player character being the one teaching the tutorials to others cuz then at least I won't feel stupid

I forgot if I said this before, but I think it would be neat if Pokémon can have two sets of moves and you can switch between which set of moves you want the Pokémon to use between battles, although not during. This will make it easier to experiment with different movesets, and also make HM moves more usable without harming battle capability. This also wouldn't affect in-battle balance too much since they won't have access to more moves once they're in battle than before.

This, this, so much this.

And if the Dream World comes back in any incarnation, can we please not have Fennel popping up to remind us of everything all the bloody time? Just because I didn't log on for a few months doesn't mean I've got amnesia, dammit.

And if the Dream World comes back in any incarnation, can we please not have Fennel popping up to remind us of everything all the bloody time? Just because I didn't log on for a few months doesn't mean I've got amnesia, dammit.

Yeah, that was a side effect of keeping them stored as browser cookies. Even if you logged on via a different PC you got the tutorials all over again.

IF the situation doesn't allow us to skip, then I'd rather have ME, the player character being the one teaching the tutorials to others cuz then at least I won't feel stupid

The difference is meaningless to me. The game makes me feel stupid either way by forcing me to sit through long tutorials that I don't even need.

Yeah, that was a side effect of keeping them stored as browser cookies. Even if you logged on via a different PC you got the tutorials all over again.

Oh yeah, that's annoying too. I wonder if there's another way for them to handle this?

I'd like to see more stuff to do with your Pokemon outside of battling.
More in-depth Pokeathlon perhaps, but maybe with only one Pokemon at a time? And a way to train them up to be better in everything. Like if you had 2/4 stars you could train to 3/5 and aprijuice to 5/5. Courses based on type? Like a flying type course in the air, or a fighting type course with emphasis on strength.
Contests too!
Mostly I just want to be able to do more than just battle with my Pokemon, and train them to be better at whatever it is they put in.

Y'know, I wouldn't mind if they tweaked the EV formula slightly. It currently is to the tune of:

(EV/4)

E.g. at Lv.100 you get 1 point for every 4 EVs. EVs top out at 255 per stat, capped at 510 total, meaning that you only need 252 EVs to max out a stat (leaving you with 6 extra EVs left over, effectively leaving you 2 EVs you can't use at all).

I think it should be changed to (EV+1) / 4 .

Then you really would need the full 255 EVs to max out that given stat. No spare EVs left laying behind "unused".

I don't care what they have in this game, just make something for us to use to make phone calls, please!

i agree soo much with you about doing more stuff with our pokemon outside of the battles..
that was why i liked Soulsilive/HeartGold, because it sort of had that since you could talk to you pokemon, and interact with it like your pets rather than just battle animals...
but we need more interactions with our pokemon in more depth.
i know being all about battles is normal in games but this is a game series that is always talking about how pokemon are our friends and how they have feelings too. yet for the most part, all we ever do is battle with them.. i love the battling but i'd love to actually feel like i have a relationship with my pokemon like i got a hint of in heartgold.

You know, I was thinking. Now that battles will be fully animated...hopefully Gamefreak will show us exactly how Diglett and Dugtrio use scratch...

Back
Top Bottom