• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What do you want in Gen 6?

• Have the game actually recognize that you're the region's Champion for ONCE - Too many times, in every single Pokemon game, there's some sort of brief scene in which you're redirected into your room, and your mother acknowledges you as the champion, or maybe your father (in the case of Pokemon Emerald)...but no one else? At least have some challengers of your own or something. I mean, I'm not asking for the former region's Champion to stop existing or something, but still...
There was this one guy in Humilau city who did acknowledge that you were the Champion.

I suppose, but maybe they can incorporate that better other than have less than a handful of people that acknowledge it? .___.; Just a nitpick of mine.
So, like...

GUY: Hey, you! You seem familiar... wait! You're the champion! I saw you battle on TV! Can I have the honour of battling you? Please?

Then again, if you lose to Guy, then he becomes the new champion.

...Yeah, that's the one flaw I can see with that. :x But hey, wouldn't it be fun at the same time, trying to regain your Champion spot?

Even if we don't battle the person, it's still nice to get some recognition. Maybe instead of battling they might give us a rare and useful item for being champion. Maybe in another town someone recognizes you goes fanboy/fangirl on you.

If someone does want challenge you for the championship, I think it should be your rival. That would be a nice twist. I mean in Red/Blue we challenged our rival for the crown. This time it would be the other way around.

• Have the game actually recognize that you're the region's Champion for ONCE - Too many times, in every single Pokemon game, there's some sort of brief scene in which you're redirected into your room, and your mother acknowledges you as the champion, or maybe your father (in the case of Pokemon Emerald)...but no one else? At least have some challengers of your own or something. I mean, I'm not asking for the former region's Champion to stop existing or something, but still...
There was this one guy in Humilau city who did acknowledge that you were the Champion.

I suppose, but maybe they can incorporate that better other than have less than a handful of people that acknowledge it? .___.; Just a nitpick of mine.
So, like...

GUY: Hey, you! You seem familiar... wait! You're the champion! I saw you battle on TV! Can I have the honour of battling you? Please?

...Yeah, that's the one flaw I can see with that. :x But hey, wouldn't it be fun at the same time, trying to regain your Champion spot?

Even if we don't battle the person, it's still nice to get some recognition. Maybe instead of battling they might give us a rare and useful item for being champion. Maybe in another town someone recognizes you goes fanboy/fangirl on you.

If someone does want challenge you for the championship, I think it should be your rival. That would be a nice twist. I mean in Red/Blue we challenged our rival for the crown. This time it would be the other way around.
Wasn't there that one person in...the Hoenn fan club I think it was that was kinda your fanboy?

So, like...

Wasn't there that one person in...the Hoenn fan club I think it was that was kinda your fanboy?

There's a trainer fanclub in Hoenn in Lilycove City (iirc). If you visit the fanclub after you become champion, you'll find three fans instantly gathering around you in excitement at your appearance, saying that they are honored to meet you and want to shake your hand. It was in Emerald (I can't remember if it was in RS)

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Lilycove_City#Pok.C3.A9mon_Trainer_Fan_Club

Here.

Last edited:
I want them to get rid of DW-exclusive features completely. I know Global Link is already confirmed for XY, but I hate the idea of having to create a separate online account to get extra features that could easily be implemented into the game for the sake of "more multiplayer". Call me old-fashioned, but I prefer that video games be an experience that immerses you into a whole new world, and making you go online to have part of the experience annoys me.

This is a common DLC tactic, they take features that are normally a part of the game, remove them from the game, and pass them off as new to make the DLC worth buying. What it really does is make the main game experience less fulfilling because you're getting a less complete.

Speaking of, they need to stop doing this with their games in general (like how they lock features such as Battle Frontiers and gym leader rematches to third games to make them look better), that's the kind of thing that if they keep doing it, people are eventually going to stop buying Pokemon games as much.

Also, on the topic of multi-player, yes, I know Pokemon is meant to be a social game, but shoving it in our face with by making the multiplayer gadget take up a whole screen like the C-gear is just obnoxious and unnecessary. Since I don't live by many people who play Pokemon, the C-gear's uses were lost to me, it seemed like a waster of the touchscreen's potential, and it broke the fourth wall a bit when you had to stare at it the whole game. At least the PSS seems like it's more reliant on Wi-Fi than local multiplayer, but I hope it doesn't waste a whole screen.

Yeah, I found past gadgets (especially the Poketch) a lot more useful because they had functions that actually added to the gameplay, the multiplayer features are nice, but not really useful, especially if you don't use multiplayer features that often.

I really want multiple save files. I know some people will abuse it, but it all only affect those people. And I think it's an extremely small price to pay for being able to replay the story again. I believe they have said it before, but I really don't see any good reasons against multiple save files.

I really want multiple save files. I know some people will abuse it, but it all only affect those people. And I think it's an extremely small price to pay for being able to replay the story again. I believe they have said it before, but I really don't see any good reasons against multiple save files.

I've wanted to try challeneges like Egglocke or Solo-runs after my initial playthrough, but I end up deciding against it because I got too attached to my pokemons from my first playthrough. And all those events I might have obtained through all that...

Maybe we could get one or two more save files for simple play without trading features. Your initial file will be the only one that can connect to the Wi-fi and leta you trade, and your other file(s) are untradable. Also, if you try to hack it so you could make the files tradable, the game gets corrupted and there goes your money.

In short, allowing multiple save files, but only the initial file can trade.

I don't think save files that can't trade at all would be very appealing... now, if save files on the same cart couldn't directly trade with each other, that might work.

I don't think save files that can't trade at all would be very appealing... now, if save files on the same cart couldn't directly trade with each other, that might work.

People can abuse that too. Buy two 3DS's and two copies of XY. Then you can trade between one save file and the other game, then trade back with the other save file.

One of the things pokemon pushes the most is the trading aspect. They wouldn't ever make the games without being able to trade.

Not having multiple save files sells thousands of copies, for the people that buy both versions of the game, so they can trade between the two and have one be a main play they stick to and the other they can restart if need be. It makes complete sense.

They confirmed at the E3 that there'd be only one save file, and basically said multiple save files would never happen.

People can abuse that too. Buy two 3DS's and two copies of XY. Then you can trade between one save file and the other game, then trade back with the other save file.

Having to buy twice the stuff anyway makes having multiple save files not really worth it, though.

I really want an evolution for Rapidash where it gains wings and becomes a full fledged Alicorn. For its typing I would say Fire/Flying would be perfect, as for ability I came up with this and I think it would be the best thing ever...

Cleansing Wind- Upon entering battle, before damage is done, all entry hazards and or weather is removed.

I know for sure I'd have it on my team and overall I just really love the Rapidash Family :D

sooe of these request on this thread makes me glad game freak doesn't listen to fan demand

Having to buy twice the stuff anyway makes having multiple save files not really worth it, though.

No, because you're still getting 4 games for the price of 2.

After spending over $500 for two of the same system for just one set of games, the other of which you're probably not going to use afterwards. It's not that practical a solution if you want to trade with yourself/have multiple save files.

I was just looking out my window at some Kookaburras, and I thought they would make for a pretty neat bird Pokemon. Some cool design quirks possible with it (also to give Australia a bit of love)

Attachments

• lane_cove_river_national_park_20081227_032-1024x768.jpg
    lane_cove_river_national_park_20081227_032-1024x768.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 185
Cleansing Wind- Upon entering battle, before damage is done, all entry hazards and or weather is removed.

I need this to be real.

You'd think they would have introduced something sooner like that. Removing the TM for Stealth Rock wasn't enough.

Not having multiple save files sells thousands of copies, for the people that buy both versions of the game, so they can trade between the two and have one be a main play they stick to and the other they can restart if need be. It makes complete sense.

Yes it does benefit them economically, but limiting to only one save file isn't what's best for the players. Only giving one save file in order to convince people to buy more than one copy of the same game is screwing people over in my books.

What difference does it make? Even if it did have multiple save files, I would still buy the other version anyway so that I can be the loner and easily trade with myself.

I do not think it's an economic plan, but restraints. The Pokemon games saves a lot of data, especially in the storage systems. I do not think it would be possible to keep that much data in two separate files.

I need this to be real.

You'd think they would have introduced something sooner like that. Removing the TM for Stealth Rock wasn't enough.

I agree, it really does need to be real. Hopefully we can get an ability like this in the next generation (fingers crossed).

Back
Top Bottom