• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What does the future hold for Dawn now that DP is winding down?

What does the future hold for Dawn?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
For me she can be even charwoman, just let she leave. Her mini skirt makes me angry all the time. That show is sexist now. And kids watch this.

I don't see how it is sexist, I walk with friends to the shops and half of the chicks I see are wearing short skirts and even some of my friends do it.

I don't see how it is sexist, I walk with friends to the shops and half of the chicks I see are wearing short skirts and even some of my friends do it.
Of course that mini skirts aren't sexist xD but the way to the producers treat Dawn (And May too :( and Misty probably) does :( They're just eye candies for producers :( and they have to replace them when a new generation start to attract men's attention :(It's like they have to replace them because they're getting tired of them and they need another new product to sell to men (the main players of Pokemon games :( ) In my opinion replacing girls and not boys is a REALLY sexist behaviour. And Dawn will left basically because of this reason.
And I always wonder "Why can't be two boys and two girls in the main cast?" it's sexism too xD

If Dawn wins the GF, she and her mother should open up the Ribbon Society in Sinnoh.

It would also be a nice way to differentiate Dawn's ending from May's, rather than just have Dawn follow her rivals to some other region.

I like that idea a lot, especially if they offered tuition or something sort of similar to the beach episode.

Dawn and May should become rivals, and combine their own.

That way, they may both be on the show.

Do you people expect us to get up to 5 traveling girl companions, that's just too much.

Of course that mini skirts aren't sexist xD

How aren't? They teach young children from the begining, that girls must wear short T-shirts and skirts, and then they will be treated like bitches.

Kengo said:
As said earlier, rotation is the best solution right now.

In my opinion, rotation isn't any better, because that gives me a "Make up your mind" sort of feel. If the future regions are...

Ash Brock Misty
Ash Brock May
Ash Brock Dawn
Ash Brock Misty
Ash Brock May
Ash Brock Dawn
Ash Brock Misty
Ash Brock May
Ash Brock Dawn
Ash Brock Misty

then to me that just gives off the idea that neither girl is good enough to be a cast member the whole time and that if she stays in the show too long, she'll get old and boring and has to be replaced by someone new. In my opinion, if Dawn gets replaced, that's a problem.

Promotion can suck it, cause not every little thing has to be promoted.

They can still bring in the 5th gen girl and Dawn. And while not every little thing has to be advertised, the whole point of the Pokemon anime series is advertising. It's understandable that they get the 5th gen girl for... actually, newer gen girls are excuses to replace the current girls.

KasuKAPL said:
Of course that mini skirts aren't sexist xD but the way to the producers treat Dawn (And May too :( and Misty probably) does :( They're just eye candies for producers :( and they have to replace them when a new generation start to attract men's attention :(It's like they have to replace them because they're getting tired of them and they need another new product to sell to men (the main players of Pokemon games :( ) In my opinion replacing girls and not boys is a REALLY sexist behaviour. And Dawn will left basically because of this reason.

Agreed. It's not like I'd write angry letters or get an angry mob go to the creators of the Pokemon anime series or anything like that (and I don't know anyone here who would do that), but it's still frustrating and annoying.

And I know that EVERYONE in the show is an advertising pawn for PokeMerchandise, but in my opinion, I think the main girls are the worst off. Yeah, Dawn's getting a lot of screentime and hype than the previous girls (Neither of the previous girls got their own promotional poster thing before the beginning of a Pokemon series), but if she just gets booted (same for a few cameos) and replaced by the new eye candy, it just kills my appreciation for Dawn's promotion. (Of course, I'm not in the target audience anyway so to the writers that won't matter, but still...)

Bleh... I could say more, but I'll stop here.

Didn't someone who worked with the show say in an interview that they rotate the female travelers so they can promote the new eyecandy (I seriously would not put it past Japan to run by that logic)?

Misty had the midriff. May had the bosom. Dawn had the ridiculously short skirt.

How in the world will Gen V girl top all of this, I wonder? And yes, I think it's painfully obvious that Dawn's story is getting wrapped up in DP and she'll leave when it ends. She's got shitloads of regions to choose from to compete in and follow her rivals to. That's just fine with me. I'm actually more worried about losing Barry/Paul/Conway than I am losing Dawn. But yeah, final promise blah blah blah sayonara Dawn, let's see who tops that miniskirt of yours.

How in the world will Gen V girl top all of this, I wonder? And yes, I think it's painfully obvious that Dawn's story is getting wrapped up in DP and she'll leave when it ends. She's got shitloads of regions to choose from to compete in and follow her rivals to. That's just fine with me. I'm actually more worried about losing Barry/Paul/Conway than I am losing Dawn. But yeah, final promise blah blah blah sayonara Dawn, let's see who tops that miniskirt of yours.

I keep hearing about this "final promise." What exactly is it and how does that in particular suggest that Dawn's story is getting wrapped up?

The 'Final Promise' is a promise that Dawn and Zoey made in Jubilife City to meet in the finals at the Sinnoh GF. They couldn't stop mentioning it during the DP climax preview so it explains why the vast majority think that it will occur. Dawn isn't expected to lose to her main rival, and it's somewhat hard to think of what Dawn would do after winning a GF on her first go.

The 'Final Promise' is a promise that Dawn and Zoey made in Jubilife City to meet in the finals at the Sinnoh GF. They couldn't stop mentioning it during the DP climax preview so it explains why the vast majority think that it will occur. Dawn isn't expected to lose to her main rival, and it's somewhat hard to think of what Dawn would do after winning a GF on her first go.

I see, thank you then.

Although I still don't see Dawn quitting contests just because she'd supposedly beat her rival in the final rounds. Same with Ash quitting Pokemon training just because he won a league. (Actually, he did win the Orange Islands Championship.)

If Dawn wins the GF, she and her mother should open up the Ribbon Society in Sinnoh.

Was the Ribbon Society mentioned earlier in the series? I really don't know.

(Now it probably looks like an ignorant forum member who stubbornly sticks to his views is now asking various questions about the show that could probe important to this topic...)

If Dawn doesn't win her GF, then it is just bad writing.

How many more GF's will we get till someone wins.

If we get a male coordinator and he wins his on screen, but Dawn didn't, that's just sexist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom