• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What does the future hold for Dawn now that DP is winding down?

What does the future hold for Dawn?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No disrespect, but you know as well as I do, that Misty fans are crazy.

So, with Misty not making an appearance all of DP, has people frustrated.

As fans, we need to see her again.

The way Misty is treated now a days is sad. Especially because she was a vital reason for this show's success.

No disrespect, but you know as well as I do, that Misty fans are crazy.

So, with Misty not making an appearance all of DP, has people frustrated.

As fans, we need to see her again.

The way Misty is treated now a days is sad. Especially because she was a vital reason for this show's success.

And obviously, the best way to do that is by derailing threads from people who aren't hardcore Misty fans.

Why do Misty fans feel such a need to force their views on others, highjacking threads that are about something completely different? Don't you people understand how rude that is?

And obviously, the best way to do that is by derailing threads from people who aren't hardcore Misty fans.

Why do Misty fans feel such a need to force their views on others, highjacking threads that are about something completely different? Don't you people understand how rude that is?

Look, you don't have to like Misty.

But, you have to acknowledge, that she will never be forgotten.

In any Pokemon forum you join, continue to expect to put up with crazy Misty fans.

Maybe we'll shut up by her next cameo.

It isn't rude for us, it is rude of you to knock us.

WE ARE ALL JUST INNOCENT DAWN AND MAY AND ZOEY AND ASH AND PAUL AND GARY AND ANGIE AND RITCHIE AND THE OTHER CHARACTERS I HAVEN'T MENTIONED YET FANS. WE JUST WANT TO TALK ABOUT DAWN.

LEAVE DAWN ALONE! SHE'S HUMAN TOO! YOU'RE LUCKY SHE WEARS THAT SKIRT FOR YOU BASTARDS...!

Can we please go on topic? So, thoughts about Dawn staying at Sinnoh, to become a Pokéstylist?

She's going to another region (Gen V region probably) to continue her contest career.

WE ARE ALL JUST INNOCENT DAWN AND MAY AND ZOEY AND ASH AND PAUL AND GARY AND ANGIE AND RITCHIE AND THE OTHER CHARACTERS I HAVEN'T MENTIONED YET FANS. WE JUST WANT TO TALK ABOUT DAWN.

LEAVE DAWN ALONE! SHE'S HUMAN TOO! YOU'RE LUCKY SHE WEARS THAT SKIRT FOR YOU BASTARDS...!

Can we please go on topic? So, thoughts about Dawn staying at Sinnoh, to become a Pokéstylist?

Why are you so crazy. Calm the hell down.

Misty has a lot to do with this topic.

She may come back after Dawn leaves.

So, are you saying Misty is the main attraction of the show?

The main attraction for most people is the Pokemon themselves but as far as the characters go, then yes, for many people, including myself, Misty was the main attraction, and was a huge reason as to why the anime became so popular, especially to young girls like myself who looked up to her as a role model.

You're missing something if you consider talk of Misty and May irrelevant to a topic like this.
Also if Dawn wins the GF first time round I would consider it extremely premature and brash. Of course if she sticks around she can go to other regions and do it all over again, but working toward it a second time round would be a complete anti-climax imo, and the idea of her dropping contests Is a pretty farfetched one, after 4 years of build up, a top coordinator as a mother, and friend/rivals established.

I think that contests could be dropped altogther for Gen V. With Pokethlon taking place. It's relevant to the new games, and it's again a different angle on Pokemon training.

Another reason I believe Dawn will be leaving is simply because of her Sinnoh statue. Having Piplup constanly hanging round her shoulder, and all her other Sinnoh Pokemon. It's conterproductive for advertisement of the new games.

Another reason I think Misty could come back is because It would be productive. She appears in HGSS. Her Pokemon (probably have lots of new ones) will all be relevant to the region. So I have hopes for her return in some shape or form. I don't know about May, but Dawn will be reduced to brief cameos me thinks.

Hmm, she's obviously into fashion, but she would need a reason to drop doing contests and become a stylist instead.

Question: Why exactly does Misty have to come back?

Can someone answer this for me because I can't think of a good reason... except for cheering Ash on which May and Dawn have also done.

Can someone answer this for me because I can't think of a good reason... except for cheering Ash on which May and Dawn have also done.

Cause she started the show. She was an important character in Ash's life, and his very first friend, that's why.

I don't know why mods won't let us keep Misty speculation threads open, it will answer a lot of questions and may leave us Misty fans justified.

Like others said, Misty was a role model in a sense.

Misty is different from May and Dawn, and if the next girl is a coordinator, we may never get another girl like Misty again.

This thread is not about Misty. It is about the future role of the character Dawn.

Right, and you can discuss if Dawn will follow the same route as Misty and May

Yes you can discuss that.

or if Misty/May will replace Dawn.

That is irrelevant and off topic to the thread. Your having a cry because your other thread got locked.

Questions like these are not even relevant.
--

I would like to believe Dawn will stick around for the next season but it is more likely she will get thrown into another region away from Ash.

It's not like I don't like Dawn, she really was a great character, my fav of Sinnoh.

However, how many more girls are we going to have.

As said earlier, rotation is the best solution right now.

Promotion can suck it, cause not every little thing has to be promoted.

Misty talk here is relevant, and while locking my thread may have been a bit much, Misty still is a great character, and she will never disappear.

I think that contests could be dropped altogther for Gen V. With Pokethlon taking place. It's relevant to the new games, and it's again a different angle on Pokemon training.

I don't see the Pokeathlon replacing contests. Just because the Pokeathlon is in Johto and contests aren't doesn't mean contests have been replaced. In the games, contests were never in the original Kanto games, and they weren't in the remakes. I'm not surprised that they were still in Emerald, but I do think it's significant that they made it to the 4th gen with a few new things added to them. In the games, contests were never in the original Johto games, and they aren't in the Johto remakes. Because of this, I think having contests in the Johto remakes would be a bonus, not a requirement. So I don't think the lack of contests in Hg/Ss means that they're being replaced.

Another reason I believe Dawn will be leaving is simply because of her Sinnoh statue. Having Piplup constanly hanging round her shoulder, and all her other Sinnoh Pokemon. It's counterproductive for advertisement of the new games.

As I said before, if Piplup stays, it won't just be a mascot for the 4th gen. (Same with Dawn.)

It works the same with Pikachu. Pikachu is from the 1st gen. It's old news. But it's still here, and that's because it's the face of Pokemon. The people who release PokeMerchandise don't care that it's from the 1st gen because of that. They're willing to keep Pikachu even though it's not a new Pokemon. So actually, in one way Pikachu isn't old news, because it still promotes new regions. Wobbuffet is the same way, in the anime. It's one of Team Rocket's most famous Pokemon (since it's been around for almost ten years in Japan, giving many audiences a lot of chances to see it). It's a Johto Pokemon, and yet it made it to Hoenn, Battle Frontier, and Sinnoh. (Sure there is some Johto remake advertising in Hg/Ss, but still...)

Personally, I don't see Piplup's staying in the 5th gen region any more counterproductive than Pikachu's staying, and I don't think Pikachu's staying is counterproductive.

Dawn and Piplup's staying doesn't mean they'll scream "Sinnoh Sinnoh Sinnoh" every second of every 5th gen episode. Kids aren't gonna cease to buy the 5th gen games just because Dawn and Piplup's would still be in the show. (Heck, the cast for Johto was the same as the one for Kanto, and that didn't stop G/S from being popular.) And if the 5th gen girl is in the cast (and I'm sure she will be), she'll definitely get hype for not only being a new character, but one from the then current generation of games.

Man I've written a lot. But anyway... that's why, as likely as it is that Dawn and Piplup will leave, I'm not happy about it. Some people think that the writers have no choice in letting the two of them go, but I don't think their departure is inevitable at all. And like I've said before, Dawn and Piplup having 5th gen adventures and doing all this other 5th gen stuff I don't feel like repeating now automatically makes them promote the 5th gen.

Another reason I think Misty could come back is because It would be productive. She appears in HGSS. Her Pokemon (probably have lots of new ones) will all be relevant to the region. So I have hopes for her return in some shape or form. I don't know about May, but Dawn will be reduced to brief cameos me thinks.

Between now and the 5th gen region, I don't see any big appearance from Misty happening, especially if there's no arc between Sinnoh and NewRegionLand. (And I'm not counting on one.)

And while Misty does appear in Hg/Ss... she's one of the extra gym leaders in the games, not even one of the main gym leaders. I'd rather they advertise more stuff from Johto in the show than do much with a Kanto gym leader just to advertise Hg/Ss.

Misty is a gym leader in HG/SS.

If she returns to the main cast, it equals = epic sales.

picture.php

This is not a Misty topic. End of discussion.

Further discussion will result in infractions and closing.

For me she can be even charwoman, just let she leave. Her mini skirt makes me angry all the time. That show is sexist now. And kids watch this.

For me she can be even charwoman, just let she leave. Her mini skirt makes me angry all the time. That show is sexist now. And kids watch this.

Tell that to character designers of GameFreak, it wasn't ShoPro's idea.

A Pokestylist would certainly be different but I don't think that Dawn is up to it.

Buneary's vest is as ugly as hell. Thank god it isn't wearing it during its GF appeal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom