• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

what don't you like about hg/ss?

Nevermind the fact that you could win against both gyms by using Pokémon other then your starter. Butterfree against Brock and Pikachu against Misty.

Now I don't really remember, but can the same thing be done for Jotho's first two gyms?

Nevermind the fact that you could win against both gyms by using Pokémon other then your starter. Butterfree against Brock and Pikachu against Misty.

Now I don't really remember, but can the same thing be done for Jotho's first two gyms?

Wasn't so easy in the originals. No access to mareep before falkner and the only thing great against him was geodude and he had mudslap on his birds.

In HG and SS Falkner has no mudslap. Roost is his move now making it not so bad for Geodude. Plus I heard from someone (I never checked orignally) that Mareep is now accessable before Falkner. Apparently the guy who use to block you isn't in front of all the grass so you have access to the grass.

Bugsy can be taken out by birds okay if trained well.

Though I admit geodude can actually do damage to Scyther since Scyther is part flying.

Come to think of it my Geodude in SS was awsome. Took out Falkner, took out bugsy and then I took out whitney with ease because I commanded it to self destruct on her miltank thus taking it out.XD

What I don't like:

How frustratingly hard it is to rebattle Gym Leaders
Goldenrod's remix
Most of Johto's route remixes
How horrendously easy Brock is
No Azumarill for Misty? :(

Am I the only one who thinks that the low leveled progression isn't a flaw?

Well, it's one thing to not raise the Pokemon's levels. It's another thing to lower a level of what you already have.

But my gosh, when certain people found out about lower-level Miltank, they acted as if the games were completely ruined.

It's one thing if you didn't think Hg/Ss were worthwhile from the beginning, or if you thought since the beginning that Hg/Ss were cool games, but... it's another thing to think the games would be the greatest gift to mankind in the history of the Earth and then change your mind due to a level change/s. I think that, with all the new stuff Hg/Ss has, if someone went from being excited about the games to thinking they weren't worthwhile then they had too high expectations.

A lot of replys on here sound like your already playing the game right now. Can't you just wait til you play it first. Although, there are a few things I would like to discuss.

1. The Safari Zone was a nice touch, but I don't think the Battle Fronteir and Pokethlon was nesessary.

2. Why did they give Falkner's Pidgey and Pidgeotto Roost? They were tough with Mud-Slap. Not only did it lower accuracy and caused damage, but it also countered Flying's weaknesses that can be obtained during that time of the game, Electric (Mareep) and Rock (Geodude).

3. Why is everyone complaining about the remixes. I thought Ecruteak City has a nice remix, it stuck to the traditional Japanese music theme. National Park was beautiful. I nearly cried. And New Bark Town's was welcoming.

And if a lot of people are complaining about the Gym Leaders' new look or the new female character. Then, wow, that is not really a big deal.

The levels are too low? It sounds like you never played GSC at all.

Last edited:
The levels were too low in GSC? The fact that it was not changed at all is part of the problem?

What I mean is that people have been complaining about the Gym Leaders, Elite Four, and Champion's levels are too low, or at least that is what some people were complaining about. The reason why the levels for some trainers teams in GSC are low is because Johto was a small region, smaller than the other three. There are not that many trainers and your Pokemon aren't going to level up much. Besides you gain more experience from trainers than wild Pokemon anyway.

I just realised that the VS. Seeker is more useful for rebattling trainers than the PokeGear. I had to wait a long time for somebody to call me and when they do, they talk about how cute their Machoke looks. I don't give a fudge how cute your Machoke looks, I gave you my number so I can battle you again.

I thought Fr/Lg were good remakes since I wasn't expecting much from them. I do think that Hg/Ss are better remakes, from reading the features about them alone, though. Sure G/S had more stuff than Fr/Lg, but still... yeah. I don't think Fr/Lg are poor remakes now that Hg/Ss are out.

While I am glad that Hg/Ss has more features... I also think it should have much more features because, other than being remakes, what do they have going for them? (I don't mean fan speculation and stuff like that.) Fr/Lg were the way to get many of the old Pokemon who weren't in R/S. What Pokemon does Hg/Ss have that we couldn't already get in D/P/P?

(Well, there are legendary Johto Pokemon, but that's if you don't trade from your GBA games or use the GTS or your friends. But did we really need remakes just for that? We didn't even need R/G remakes, but we could've used more GameCube games to get more Kanto Pokemon.)

Her name isn't Soul, though- that was fan speculation for her true name, Kotone.

-Speaking of her, if she's not a redesigned "Kris", then I dislike that they replaced "Kris", because I find it pointless.

-If she is a redesigned "Kris", then I dislike the redesign, BUT I like that they cared enough to at least use her. (I prefer "Hey let's make 'Kris' look all hip and cool with this big redesign" over "Hey let's ditch 'Kris' for a totally new girl and give her this totally hip and cool design to appeal to everyone.") And the redesign is growing on me.

-If Celebi's not in this game, I dislike that too. Because while I do like that those other legendaries are in the game, this one, in particular, is one I wish was in the game.

-I wish the building in Vermillion was completed, but nothing suggested it would be anyway.

-I wish Leaf was in the game, perhaps in place of Red if you were a girl.

-I kinda wish Kyorge and Groudon were in the opposite games of the ones they are in, but whatever...)

you should note that crys was never in the original gold and silver. (but then again, neither was eusine)

3.) They changed the male PC's name from Gold to Hibiki.

4.) They brought in a new female PC instead of reusing Kris. I think Kotone's hat looks stupid. <_<

Hibiki's name really has never been confirmed to have originally been "Gold". "Kotone =/= Kris" is still pretty debatable.

The only thing I dislike about HGSS is the lack of Leaf. Not a reference, a cameo, not an appearance..Nothing.
Once again, Game Freak forgets about Leaf who seems like a far better protagonist then Red.

The only thing I dislike about HGSS is the lack of Leaf. Not a reference, a cameo, not an appearance..Nothing.
Once again, Game Freak forgets about Leaf who seems like a far better protagonist then Red.

No one can really say that there wasn't even a small reference to her, because, we have no idea what most of the HGSS script means. So until the English release, we can't really determine whether there was a reference or not.

No one can really say that there wasn't even a small reference to her, because, we have no idea what most of the HGSS script means. So until the English release, we can't really determine whether there was a reference or not.

here here

I dislike that Rattata, Pidgey, and other general common low level Kanto Pokemon are found in Kanto despite already being in Johto. What was the point of stuffing Johto with Pidgey and Rattata when Kanto is already stuffed with them? If they didn't want to rid Rattata and Pidgey from Johto, it would of been a smarter move to put uncommon Pokemon in Kanto rather than spamming them in two regions. I think I've might of already said something similar to this earlier, but I don't like that they crammed most of the Gen II pokemon in the Safari Zone rathering than spreading them out in Johto. It's better than nothing, I guess.

Another thing is the fact the game doesn't acknowledge FRLG (exclusive) features at all, they were the prequels and they get too much flak, so they at least should have something worth noting. I don't care that the Sevii Islands aren't in, a brief mention would be nice. If there's not even an indirect reference, I'm disappointed.

Another thing is the fact the game doesn't acknowledge FRLG (exclusive) features at all, they were the prequels and they get too much flak, so they at least should have something worth noting. I don't care that the Sevii Islands aren't in, a brief mention would be nice. If there's not even an indirect reference, I'm disappointed.

We don't know the script. Can't possibly make that assumption now.

What are you possibly basing this on?

On the base that she has a pair of breasts and a vagina, probably.

Should have been:

1. Sevii Islands
2. New brains
3. Same super contests from DP

Back
Top Bottom