• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

what don't you like about hg/ss?

Mijzelffan

memes
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Self explaining title. Do keep it normal tough, and don't go yelling how game freak ruined your childhood by making it, or bashing Kotone without actually using any arguments, etc.

I haven't played the game yet, so I can't really say a lot. Except for these things:

- Kyogre being in Heartgold instead of in Soulsilver.
- The battle frontier being EXCACT the same (I at least wanted other brains)
- Sabrina's new look
- The game being chock-full of legendaries (I understand why they did that tough)
- Being able to place objects in the safari zone (it's no secret base)
- the underground missing
- Some remixes (like vermillion or goldenrod)
- not being able to plant berries

that's pretty much it (for now)

I've only got one complaint.
The nostalgia is gonna make me cry.
That's all.

Oh, and Soul just... I just don't like her. She doesn't have that Pokémon-ish feeling other characters have.

If you haven't played the games then you really shouldn't be judging them. True, some features may sound bad but the only real way to see if you like/dislike them is to actually play the game. I'm going to wait until I can play HGSS before I make any final decisions.

For example, with DPPt I initially hated the looks of many of the new Pokemon and the features. But when I actually played it I ended up changing my mind completely on many things, especially the new Pokemon.

Not much, just nitpicky things, really.

Like the Gym Leaders teams.
I mean, I dont mind them so much, but they could have been so much better.

The Battle Frontier annoys me alot, but that's about it.

- Kyogre being in Heartgold instead of in Soulsilver.
The types counterpart so it makes sense.
- The battle frontier being EXCACT the same (I at least wanted other brains)
Compatibility. And no don't tell me that WiFi bull its completely justifiable by the battle recorder.
- Sabrina's new look
0_o She looks better ffs but whatever its your opinion
- The game being chock-full of legendaries (I understand why they did that tough)
So don't complain!
- Being able to place objects in the safari zone (it's no secret base)
But its awesome more or less and it has Wifi capabilities.
- the underground missing
But you can rock smash for the items and fossils and also get Pokemon as well.
- Some remixes (like vermillion or goldenrod)
I'll give you that one.
- not being able to plant berries
Yeah berry plant spots all over the region totally beat being able to grow your own fucking berries on the go.

Mitchman, this isn't the "Defend HG/SS Thread". He's only stating his opinion, and every game has its flaws anyway.

I don't really like how Zapdos is sat outside the Powerplant and I think they should've made more of an effort with Mewtwo rather than just throwing him in the middle of Cerulean Cave.

I also don't like how the Battle Fronteir is excactly the same, they should've added a few more facilities.

I don't like the high encounter rate for Pokemon >>

Yes I know it isn't that but some of his points are flawed in which they state features in HGSS that are perfectly fine if not a much better solution.

Thus far, I haven't found anything too bad about the game. One complaint I do have is that Generation I Pokémon are STILL more common in Johto than Generation II Pokémon.

based on the information, the screenshots, and the videos i've seen:

* crappy gym leader teams (example: falkner's pidgey and pidgeotto instead of hoothoot and noctowl)
* the low levels of the gym leaders, elite four members, etc.
* kanto pokémon all over johto (example: rattata, pidgey, ekans)
* same battle frontier
* same frontier brains
* full of legendary pokémon
* clair's clothing
* sabrina's hair, clothing... her new design, in general

errr, what mijzelffan said, basically.

based on the information, the screenshots, and the videos i've seen:

* crappy gym leader teams (example: falkner's pidgey and pidgeotto instead of hoothoot and noctowl)
* the low levels of the gym leaders, elite four members, etc.
* kanto pokémon all over johto (example: rattata, pidgey, ekans)
* same battle frontier
* same frontier brains
* full of legendary pokémon
* clair's clothing
* sabrina's hair, clothing... her new design, in general

errr, what mijzelffan said, basically.
I can get the levels a bit but again with the damn Frontier. Its like you guys wanted a new one so Platinum could have its own or something and connectivity could go rot in hell.

I can get the levels a bit but again with the damn Frontier. Its like you guys wanted a new one so Platinum could have its own or something and connectivity could go rot in hell.

1. Stop defending Hg/Ss so much, I never said that I hated the game or something (unlike some people do about gen III).
2. They could at least replace the frontier brains, just show them as the pt brains in their battle vids, and as the hg/ss ones in hg/ss. Easy as that.

No Berry planting?

Hurray!
I know people have different opinions and all but I personally hate planting berries and having to go around watering them all with WAAAAAY too many messages to do so.. Like:
Dirt!
Plant berry?
Berry planted!
Berry!
Water berry?
Watering berry.
Berry is happy.
Tree!
Pick berry?
Berry picked.
Berry put in berry-bag.
Dirt.
Repeat. :thumbd:

I also dislike Kyogre only being in HG, cuz I want SS (Having had Gold already) but since I already have Ruby (Well I kind of borrowed my brothers) I already have the chance of catching Groudon there so I'm getting conflicted on whether I should buy Gold so I can get the full set (to get my least favorite legends none the less... But I want to complete my Pokedex) or go with my original plan and buy SoulSilver and then trade one Groudon for a Kyogre or something... Version-exclusive legendaries have always irked me since Ruby and Sapphire.

And of course: TRANSLATION TAKES SO LONG :lol:
I'm getting tempted to buy the original and I can't read Japanese... or well I COULD if its written in Kana and I have my Kana-book available, but there's still the issue of me not understanding most of the words.

And of course: TRANSLATION TAKES SO LONG :lol:

It's more then translating. They have to set up a whole English GTS and make battle vids English etc. etc. And in Europe it take seven longer because they set up additional languages here.

It's more then translating. They have to set up a whole English GTS and make battle vids English etc. etc. And in Europe it take seven longer because they set up additional languages here.

Which doesn't make sense since the version we get is English anyway:p
Why not just release the American translation here and let the other countries that has to have it in their own language wait.
Its not like they'll ever translate any of these games into Norwegian anyway-.- (And even if they did I'd probably prefer English,.. I'm odd like that)

Which doesn't make sense since the version we get is English anyway:p
Why not just release the American translation here and let the other countries that has to have it in their own language wait.
Its not like they'll ever translate any of these games into Norwegian anyway-.- (And even if they did I'd probably prefer English,.. I'm odd like that)

It's more than translating it, they also have ot localize it. To remove any potentially offensive material or things that certain cultures just wouldn't understand.

My biggest problem comes from the fact that they tried so hard to keep it true to the original games up until you beat the Johto league [with Gym leaders teams, more specifically] and that really gets me since they had the worst teams. I mean, I'm glad they brought up Pidgeotto to 13, rather than 9, but still. The teams are just awful. 2 words Bugsy: Butterfree, Beedrill

Speaking of which, why does it seem like, if they have a repeat Sinnoh type, their upgraded teams look very familiar? There are 493 Pokémon guys, I understand some are better than others, but I think they could have taken more time for personality. Bugsy is pretty much Aaron. I mean, Scizor is fair; Scyther was his main Pokémon. But I mean, 2 words Bugsy: Butterfree, Beedrill.

For example, I do not think Morty should use Drifblim [and I love Drifblim], I do not think Pryce should be using Froslass. And why does Bruno have Lucario? Its a popular fighting type, but it simply does not fit in with his style [much like Gallade with Sabrina; I mean, come on, this was obvious. Gardevoir.]

Just my 2 cents

I like the GB player, but I don't like the fact that you have to wait till Celadon to get it.

I dunno... the only thing I find irritating is the new touch interface in the boxes. Its nice and all, but I preferred using the buttons and selecting masses and stuff. I don't like using the Touch Screen that much.

And maybe a tiny, tiny, tiny complaint being that could've made a remix of the already epic Kanto Wild Battle theme for the legendaries, even if its minor. But I don't really mind.

Back
Top Bottom