• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

what don't you like about hg/ss?

The fact that they managed to change so much yet did nothing about one of the biggest complaints about GSC--the lack of Gen II Pokemon when you battle the gym leaders.

For example, I do not think Morty should use Drifblim [and I love Drifblim], I do not think Pryce should be using Froslass. And why does Bruno have Lucario? Its a popular fighting type, but it simply does not fit in with his style [much like Gallade with Sabrina; I mean, come on, this was obvious. Gardevoir.]
I agree mostly, except for Sabrina. She seems a lot tougher and headstrong these days, I don't think she should have a girly Pokemon all because she's a girl. I actually think Gallade suits her style more. I also like how Will got Gardevoir, he's far more elegant and graceful so it suits his character well.

omg stop freaking talking about the gym leaders teams they have reamatches

legendaries you want them to only have 5 or 6

sabrina looks cool

I agree mostly, except for Sabrina. She seems a lot tougher and headstrong these days, I don't think she should have a girly Pokemon all because she's a girl. I actually think Gallade suits her style more. I also like how Will got Gardevoir, he's far more elegant and graceful so it suits his character well.

It wasn't so much that it was girly, and it bothered me as well when Lucian was using it too. It's mostly because, as a psychic type, it's more dictated towards special attack*, so I find that Gardevoir, in that sense, works better than Gallade. Simply for the image of psychic types.

Although I personally like your interpretation of Sabrina/why she'd use Gallade, so I don't feel so bad about the choice.

EDIT: *I mean, psychic types are more dictated towards special attack, clearly not Gallade. lulz

*the wild pokemon are the same with most of the in lower levels
*gym leaders having the same teams and other changes weren't needed
*I don't want to fight to fight a metapod and cacoona I want a challenge for a gym
*If they included Gen IV pokemon why didn't any trainers have them
*Why does Red have two water types?
*lack of flygon, it was a version exclusive to diamond and pearl and wasn't used by lance or clair in rematches and clair favors lances pokemon why?

Rage thread?
I've been waiting for this.

WHERE THE FUCK ARE MY JOUTOOOOO CONTESTS???????
Rageoriginal.jpg

I've been trying to know as little about the games as possible.
But I found out a few days ago that the the Sevii Islands are non-existant. They don't appear in HGSS.
But they were in FRLG.
HGSS is the sequel to FRLG.
WHAT THE FUCK, WHERE IS YOUR SENSE OF CONTINUITY MATSUDA????
Rageface.png

AND, the EXACT SAME BATTLE FRONTIER FROM PLATINUM??
We couldn't even have the Emerald Battle Frontier???
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
BATRAGE.jpg

I wish Will got a Mr. Mime though since he seems like a magician. Though, Gardevoir could be the stereotypical magician's female assistant, but he has a Jynx already.

A mime would really fit with his sort-of carnival theme, him being a magician and Xatu a fortune teller.

um, I guess the fact I can't get the dome fossil is Soul silver. Oh well.

-Same Rosters as GSC. I didn't expect this to change, and they at least changed Clair, but it's still pretty bad.

-Copy/Pasting the Battle Frontier from Platinum, with Brains and all. Before random people come with the "compatibility" excuse, no. Compatibility isn't an issue as long as the same Battle Facilities are in both games. Brains are completely irrelevant to keep compatibility, which makes this just total laziness.

-Same Rosters as GSC. I didn't expect this to change, and they at least changed Clair, but it's still pretty bad.
Yeah, I was a little upset about this, I really WANTED it, but I wasn't really expecting it.
Clair got changed?
Ok, well she had the worst roster, so that's better than nothing.

The gym leader rosters in Fr/Lg didn't change from RBY either. I guess GF wants to keep true to the main teams in remakes. Though I agree, it still sucks that they changed very little. Well at least we get rematches.

The gym leader rosters in Fr/Lg didn't change from RBY either. I guess GF wants to keep true to the main teams in remakes. Though I agree, it still sucks that they changed very little. Well at least we get rematches.

that alone should make up for the levels and teams. But noooo...

Yes, but gym leader rosters in RB weren't a problem.
GSC had "Jouto/2nd Generation Leaders" using almost 0 "Jouto/ 2nd Generation pokemon".

I hate to dig up an old post, but the thread we had about why "GSC sucked" pretty much outlined everything that we wanted changed/fix'd in HGSS, and most everything stayed the same.

Here's what I dislike about the game. No, I don't HATE THE GAME WITH ALL MY PASSIONATE HEART!!! It has pros and several quirks, but it's not perfect and the best damn game EVARZ like everyone is exaggerating. Platinum is getting too much flak as well.

-Lack of Contests. With accessories and portable berries in, there is no reason not to.

-Having loads of legendaries, yet you have to trade to DPPt to get Glaceon and Leafeon when GF could easily implement a Moss and Ice Rock in Illex and the Ice Path.

-A few remixes.

-Same sucky Gym Leader teams.

-Kanto Pokemon in Johto. Lack of Johto Pokemon. You're pimping Johto pokemon, GF.

-Low levels.

-Hard to find berries.

-Same Battle Frontier.

-Same Frontier Brains. Compatibility issues my ass, they could of at least redesign/make new Brains since Hibiki/Kotone sprites are completely new and turns into Kouki/Hikari when the video is being viewed on Platinum. They could of done something similar with the BF Brains.

-No underground.

-The overall game keeping the same terrible flaws from GSC that were made 10 years ago that could of been fixed. It didn't change that much like it seemed before the actual game was released. The game is basically the same thing as it was back then.

That's pretty much it from me.

Here's what I dislike about the game. No, I don't HATE THE GAME WITH ALL MY PASSIONATE HEART!!! But it's not perfect and the best damn game EVARZ like everyone is exaggerating. Platinum is getting too much flak as well.

-Lack of Contests. With accessories and portable berries in, there is no reason not to.
-Having loads of legendaries, yet you have to trade to DPPt to get Glaceon and Leafeon when GF could easily implement a Moss and Ice Rock in Illex and the Ice Path.
-A few remixes.
-Same sucky Gym Leader teams.
-Kanto Pokemon in Johto. Lack of Johto Pokemon. You're pimping Johto pokemon, GF.
-Low levels.
-Hard to find berries.
-Same Battle Frontier.
-Same Frontier Brains. Compatibility issues my ass, they could of at least redesign/make new Brains since Hibiki/Kotone sprites are completely new and turns into Kouki/Hikari when the video is being viewed on Platinum. They could of done something similar with the BF Brains.
QFT
-No underground.

WHAT THE FUCK?
ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH
FUUUUUUUUUU

I know it's not a big deal, and I don't want to complain, but I kind of wish they had kept Red's Espeon, instead of replacing it with a Lapras. Now his team just seems a little off balanced. It's not a major problem though. And they still made a great improvement with the new moves and levels of his other Pokemon. But personally I think his Espeon would've been better than Lapras.

I know it's not a big deal, and I don't want to complain, but I kind of wish they had kept Red's Espeon, instead of replacing it with a Lapras. Now his team just seems a little off balanced. It's not a major problem though. And they still made a great improvement with the new moves and levels of his other Pokemon. But personally I think his Espeon would've been better than Lapras.
I don't know his entire team, but I'm fairly sure Espeon was removed to avoid making it appear that Espeon is the "canon" Eeveelution.
Lapras is another in-game event pokemon.

I don't mind Red's Espeon was removed since Lapras fits pretty well. I'm perfectly happy with Red's team in fact. I'm curious what ever happened to Green's starter and Leaf's...oh wait.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom