• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What generation of Pokémon do you feel more familiar with (out of all the groups of Pokémon)?

What group/generation of Pokemon are you the most familiar with?

• Gen 6 (Snivy to Volcanion)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gen 9 (Sprigatito to Pecharunt)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
We all have been there: We get our first game (whether it be Red, Silver, Ruby, or one of the other mainline games) and played them many times. Thus, we are more familiar with that particular group of Pokémon than the other groups.

Last edited:
Well, Red and Gold were my first two Pokemon games, and while I did like them and played them often enough when I was younger, I'd say I'm way more familiar with gen IV in general. It introduced the most Pokemon I really like in a single generation, also introduced one of my top favorite regions, one of my favorite champions as well, my favorite remake released in this gen, and I really enjoy what lore we got specifically in DPPt. That and Platinum and HGSS are my top favorite games in the franchise (though I guess technically I can count gen II as another I'm really familiar with, but it's mainly in regards to HGSS itself compared to the originals, plus I really enjoy what was introduced in them too, so).

As much as I don't want to admit it, Gen 1 are what I think of the Pokemon concept and I've been with them my entire life. Pokes like Pikachu, Charizard Mewtwo, Squirtle, Bulbasaur, Snorlax and Psyduck deserve their icon status. However, I think Gen 2 and 3's designs are better and most of my favorites are in those generations, I get warm feelings when I think of them.

I disagree that only the games can give you that familiarity, the anime, the TCG or the merchandise can give it too.

The first generation group, certainly. I watched OS a lot and also played a lot of Pokémon Fire Red, in addition to the second generation games also containing Pokémon from the first.

After, comes the 3rd generation Pokémon group, I also played a lot of Pokémon Sapphire and Emerald, as well as watching the entire anime.

The second generation group, although Johto is my favorite region and Pokémon Silver is the first Pokémon game I played, is only in third place to me, in terms of familiarity.

Last edited:
Definitely gen 7, I played those games for too long; I could tell you where a specific Pokémon is found in sun and moon probably

Gen 1 since it was my first generation of Pokemon. I can pretty much name every Pokemon from that generation in numerical order.

Gen I, easy. When I play Let's Go Eevee, I can even remember how the original dialogue has been changed from RBY. I can easily memorize the first 151 Pokemon, and I can still remember key parts of the Pokemon handbook, as well as its many errors. The original series of the anime is also the one I've seen the most episodes of.

Gen I was where it started with me. My very first game was Pokemon Red (technically, I played a bit of my brother's Pokemon Blue first, but Red was the first Pokemon game I owned).

Probably Gen 5 because I grew up first playing Pokémon when Black and White were the new games, despite beginning with Pokémon Sapphire. I never liked BW having just new Pokémon. It's part of what made those games feel like an edgy romhack to me even. By the end of Gen 6 I've accepted Gen 5 Pokémon for what they were, and they've became one of my favorite groups of Pokémon overall.

In addition, despite having spent more hours in Gens 6 and 7 now, prior to just a few years ago Gen 5 was what I played most. Gens 6 and 7 don't have so many new Pokémon and had many old ones merged in, while Gen 5 had a truckton of Pokémon on its own I needed to get used to. It also helped that Pokémon Conquest is where I spent the most of my hours with out of all Gen 5 games. Gen 5 Pokémon are featured in 37.5% of the dex in Pokémon Conquest. A far higher % than any other generation of Pokémon featured in the game.

I could also be most familiar with Gen 4 Pokemon because they had a lot of standout Pokémon I grew up favoring in general.

Last edited:
Generation one , most definitly. I've grown with those Pokémon for years. I was still playing Yellow while Ruby and Sapphire was out at the time. Those Pokémon will always have a special place in my heart,even the most forgetable ones like Seaking and Dewgong.

Back
Top Bottom