• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What is your favourite Pokemon related music?

Most anime title openers, but my favourite Pokémon music comes from the games. My overall favourite has to be the Kanto Gym Leader battle music in HG/SS.

Primal Dialga is awesome. The end theme for Black/White is really victorious and exciting (and the only reason I read through the credits xD).
Early movie music is the best ever. Lugia's Song? Oh my God that song was the highlight of my kidlinghood. There were many orchestrated bits from the first movie, as well. And then we've got "Cele-B-R-A-T-E" and, though a little older, "Make a Wish/Chiisaki Mono". The movies have some of the best musical pieces I've heard.

I'll do a top 3 for a few categories of musics :

Battle themes :
1/ Subway Trainer Battle (Pokémon Black / White)
2/ Vs Archie / Maxie (Pokémon Ruby / Sapphire / Emerald)
3/ Vs Kanto Gym Leader (Pokémon Gold / Silver / Crystal) or Vs Kanto Gym Leader GB Sounds (Pokémon HG/SS)

Towns / places themes :
1/ Veilstone City
2/ Eterna City (Beta)
3/ Village Bridge

Buildings / Dungeons :
1/ Silph.Co (Pokémon Fire Red / Leaf Green)
2/ Pokémon Mansion (Pokémon Fire Red / Leaf Green)
3/ Mt. Moon (Original and Fire Red / Leaf Green)

Routes :
1/ Route 110 (Pokémon RSE)
2/ Route 119 (Pokémon RSE)
3/ Lake of Rage (Pokémon Gold / Silver / Crystal)

Spin-off :
1/ Duel Vs Great Rocket Fortress Leader (Pokémon Card GB2)
2/ Normal Duel (Pokémon Trading Card Game) or Duel Vs. King Biruricchi / Vilrich (Pokémon Card GB2)
3/ Miror B. Battle (Pokémon XD Gale of Darkness)

That should be it. I added links to the lesser known themes I've put here.

Last edited:
Lance's Theme from GSC and the more recent Giratina Battle Theme. I just really like the more hectic OST's in Pokemon and the newer ones are absolutely astounding.

(Btw: If you have not yet heard the metal remix of Lance's Theme, do yourself a little favor and listen to it.)

Last edited:
1. GSC Kanto Battle Theme
2. BW2 Johto Champion Theme
3. BW2 Champion Iris Theme

Lots of hate on my third choice, I really liked how original it was, such a huge change from the seriousness of the other music. Really liked the remix for number two. Finally at number one, always loved the Kanto music for some reason when playing the Johto games.

I like (for some reason) the music from Accumula Town with the piano and drums :ksmile:, Buena's password and the Ice path/Dark cave music (both from HGSS), the original Pokémon theme song, and...(I'm not sure if this counts or not) Polkamon. This weird polka song about Pokémon I stumbled upon on Youtube. :sweatlol:

I like 'Lullaby for Trains'. It's really peaceful and I like the instruments to it, and then the ending part is really nice and catchy.
I also like the SS Anne and most Surfing/Credits themes.

Route 203 D/P/PT(my personal favorite)

all pokemon title themes

B/W and B/W2's rival theme

Hoenn champion theme

Team rockets song,etc.

Lugias Song - YouTube

Absolute favorite of mine, when I do that pencil tapping thing, I tap the rhythm to this song exactly. And I also love the fact an entire orchestra comes out of Melody's ocarina.

I really enjoy listening to the Opening and Endings from Best Wishes in Japanese. a portion of "Let's Join Hands" [te wo tsunago] is my ringtone, and my #1 favorite is "Can You Name the Pokemon?" [Pokemon no Namae ka?]
I also like "Black and White" [Blanco y Negro] and "Rival Destinies" [Destino Rivales] opening in the Spanish dub.

Games: I really enjoy Virbank Gym. Roxie's gym.

Probably Miror B's Colosseum theme. Cuz, "POOP-YAH!!"

Other themes I like include the PWT championship theme, Crystal Colosseum (Battle Revolution), the Hoenn Gym Leader theme, Cynthia's battle theme, etc.

Last edited:
My favorite themes are the Battle Theme for Cynthia in Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, and the Vs. Team Plasma Theme in Black 2 and White 2.

Huh, so anime tracks are allowed. Well if that is the case...

My favourite background music in the anime is Hot on the Trail from the movie Pokemon Heroes (And some eps.). I just think this track is rather fitting for the scene where it plays. Ya know, the part where Latias gets chased by Aerodactyl and Kabutops. Glad that the dubbers didn't remove it, and even so, that dub sucked.

As for the games... I have a lot. XP But my favourite as of this moment is Opelucid City. The White version, at least. (Black version is cool, though.)

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom