• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What is your favourite Pokemon related music?

Any version of the Lance/Red battle theme is good by me.

As far as the anime, I really like "Tears, After the Cloudy Weather", "I Got a Victory Badge!" and pretty much the entire English score from Mewtwo Strikes Back, but especially "Tears of Life". I do also like numerous songs, particularly "Two Perfect Girls", "2B A Master" and "Pokémon (Dance Mix)".

Furthermore, I admit to being a fan of Pokémon Live!, with "It Will All Be Mine" and "I've Got a Secret" being my favorite original songs from the show. Its versions of "You & Me & Pokémon", "Misty's Song" and "The Time Has Come (Pikachu's Goodbye)" are also quite commendable.

Any version of the Lance/Red battle theme is good by me.

LOVE IT!!! I've even gone so far to work it out on piano. God my fingers hurt after playing it.
I also like The Legend Comes to Life. Very heartwarming.
I also LOVE Unbeatable. Anything from Born to be a Winner to Unbeatable, I call the badass season. The bad thing, Battle Frontier came after it, and that made that theme even worse.

The opening theme to the first season of Best Wishes. Ever since I first heard that it's been my favorite song. It's very catchy and fun to sing.

For English songs, I'd have to go with Together Forever From the 2BA A Master CD.

-Unwavering Emotion (B/W/2)
-I don't want to say goodbye (PMD T/D/S)
-Deoxys's theme (R/S/E/FR/LG)
-Iris's theme (BW2)
-Primal Dialga's theme (PMD T/D/S)

Lugias Song - YouTube

Absolute favorite of mine, when I do that pencil tapping thing, I tap the rhythm to this song exactly. And I also love the fact an entire orchestra comes out of Melody's ocarina.

Ugh, this song. I can't listen through it without crying. I'm surprised this song wasn't mentioned until now (unless I'm blind).

Also Mew's theme. It's just 30+ seconds, but really powerful. Pokémon - Mew's Theme - YouTube

Lugias Song - YouTube

Absolute favorite of mine, when I do that pencil tapping thing, I tap the rhythm to this song exactly. And I also love the fact an entire orchestra comes out of Melody's ocarina.

Ugh, this song. I can't listen through it without crying. I'm surprised this song wasn't mentioned until now (unless I'm blind).

Also Mew's theme. It's just 30+ seconds, but really powerful. Pokémon - Mew's Theme - YouTube

It was mentioned in the first post, just under a different name, I can't blame you though.

---

Another few that I like:

Extended Version: Route 201 (Pokémon Anime Series) - YouTube
Route 1 (Pokemon Anime) - YouTube

I'm a big fan of the legendaries themes in the games.
I've been listening to a few quite a bit recently, such as, Giratina's Theme from Platinum - I just love the chaotic nature of it - RSE's legendary theme (The one that plays for Groudon and Kyogre), Victini's theme in BW.
A long-time favourite of mine will forever be Red/Lance's theme from GSC. It's just the epitome of epic.

I am going to go with some of the simplest and probably most recognizable music in the game.

Lavender Town.

'Nough said.

I know this is not exactly the idea of this thread, but I like changing the words of normal songs to pokemon themes, like for example Chris Ledoux's Cadillac Ranch to Pokemon Ranch

Alder's theme
Twinleaf
Skyarrow
N's theme
The Time Has Come (Pikachu's Goodbye)
Opelucid City
and of course my favorite, Littleroot Town <3 . (I swear, that music plays in my head every time I go somewhere new...)

I love the music in the Humilau gym. So relaxing... almost reminds me of something that would be playing in the Future World section of Epcot.

Generation 1:

Blue's theme, Trainer Battle, Gym Leader Battle, Champion Battle, Introduction theme, Route 1

Generation 2:

Johto Trainer Battle, Johto Gym Leader Battle, Surf theme, Goldenrod City, National Park, Dark Cave, Olivine Lighthouse, Azelea Town, Champion battle, S.S Aqua, Route 2 (Virdian Forest remix), Mt. Moon

Generation 3:

Petalburg City, Gym Leader Battle, Trainer Defeated theme, Team Aqua/Magma battle defeat theme, Cave of Origin, Elite Four Battle, Route 120, Surf theme, Underwater theme

Generation 4:

Trainer Battle, Gym Leader Battle, Canalave City, Game Corner, Team Galactic battle, Route 225, Looker's theme

Generation 5:

Juniper's theme, Accumula City, Striaton City, Necrene City, Pinweel Forest, Castelia City, Nimbasa City, Anvile Town, Mistralton City, Twist Mountain, Opelucid City (White), Surf theme, Route 10, Event Battle, N's theme, N's castle, Ending theme (BW1), Hugh's theme, Rival Battle, Flocessy Town, Virbank City, Virbank Complex, PWT theme, Lentimas Town, Humilau Town, Neo Plama theme, Neo Plasma battle, Plasma Fridgate, Colress Battle, Marlon's gym, N's castle (BW2), Champion Iris battle

Generation 6:

Wild Battle theme, Trainer Battle theme

Last edited:
All-time favourite music: Firered/Leafgreen Gym Leader/Elite Four music. The dramatic chimes and drums are INSANELY blood-pumping!

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom