• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What kind of modification would you give existing moves?

Make Hypnosis more accurate. At least 75. I would just likeba move to automatically freeze since every other Status condition has one.

Make Sheer Cold not affect Ice types.

Walrein used Sheer Cold on Regice!
It's a one-hit KO!
The living block of ice is frozen to death!

Me: o_0

You have no reason to be sorry ^^. I didn't know SolarBeam's power was halved during other weather conditions up until now :p.
I'm not really replying to you, just drawing reference back to the discussion of SolarBeam.

I like SolarBeam as it is: it is an accurate (somewhat) representation of how unreliable Solar Power is.

I concur with the Sheer Cold attack not working on Ice types, and/or maybe Thick Fat pokemon. (I'd also make a Fire variant of this move btw.) I'd somehow power these moves up, actually, giving them more use on damaged foes, but I'd dunno how this would be done.

While I'd up Petal Dance, I'd don't know if I'd make it 120 base power. I'd not lower Outrage--or maybe I would, but to 110 at lowest.

Make some moves change their properties based on the Pokemon using it (from Physical to Special or vice-versa).

Best idea yet. I can't exactly think of many moves to use as an example for this idea, but I really agree.

-Give Splash a 1% chance of 1HOKing the enemy.
-Have Double Team and all other evasion moves fail half the time.
-Change Energy Ball's base power to 95.

-Give Splash a 1% chance of 1HOKing the enemy.
-Have Double Team and all other evasion moves fail half the time.
Disagree as I obviously should about Splash; as well, also disagree on Energy Ball. It's not supposed to be an equivalent of Ice Beam, Surf, or Flamethrower.

Energy Ball could be better though. I'd give it some more power minimally, that of 85; I'd also give it a 10% chance of raising the user's Sp. Atk, in addition to its 10% chance to drop the enemy's Sp. Def. If both went off off the same attack, great things would happen.

Double Team's change sounds good though. Keen Eye should guard against it a bit as well. Oh, I'd also like to see Sturdy and the anti-OHKO moves prevent you, if you are at full health, from being knocked out in one move. It'd be like Focus Sash + what it already is.

It's not supposed to be an equivalent of Ice Beam, Surf, or Flamethrower.

And why not? Grass-types lack a good and common attack. For a type that's already so terrible, the least it could get is a decent STAB move.

Well, if you were making the games, a thunderbolt move would be a very likely Electric attack, and a flamethrower move would be a very likely Fire attack. Ice Beam kinda sounds like a freeze ray, as I picture it. (It's a little sci-fi, but eh.)

A similar Grass move would be nothing of the sort. For one, it was only conceived of 4th gen. It obviously wasn't one of the things that first came to the creator's minds. So it isn't an elementary elemental Grass attack.

It could also use more PP, in addition to my changes above: 20 or so.

Oh! I'd also make Charge Beam (and Energy Ball, and Metal Claw, perhaps) give their boosts (if they go off) before the attack is done. They'd do more damage, be all-around better, yada yada yada.

Last edited:
The following are the immediate moves I have in mind:

--Dragon Rage: Change it into a Priority attack, a la Aqua jet.
--Give ALL Physical Rock attacks at least 90% accuracy. I really hate to miss a crucial Stone Edge.
--Give Thunder and Blizzard 85% accuracy, since their Fire counterpart, Fire Blast, has that accuracy %.
--Give Night Slash, Shadow Claw, Cross Poison, Psycho Cut, and Slash 90 Base ATK, since Leaf Blade and Attack Order are at 90 Base ATK.

--Give Thunder and Blizzard 85% accuracy, since their Fire counterpart, Fire Blast, has that accuracy %.

I am not sure about giving both Thunder and Blizzard identical accuracy to Fire Blast, since Thunder and Blizzard gains an advantage in another weather (Thunder is 100% in Rain and Blizzard is 100% in Hail), but Fire Blast doesn't have a weather that can help it make it accurate. Thus I thought it might be better to make it 75% accurate from 70%, although I would like Focus Blast to get an accuracy boost to 85%.

Let's see:
Increase the accuracy of:
-Sing (by 15%)
-Hypnosis (by 15%)
-Grasswhistle (by 15%)
-Focus Blast (by 15%)
-Stone Edge (by 10%)
-Cross Chop (by 10%)
Increase the base power of:
-Bullet Seed (by 10)
-Icicle Spear (by 10)
-Rock Smash by (by 20)

I just thought of certain moves that deserve to change:

Water Sport and Mud Sport - These moves will lose its effect when the user switches out, and only a few Pokemon that learns them would benefit from it, but the move is still not very useful. For example, Masquerain, Budew and family could go with neutralised fire moves, and Milotic loves its electric weakness neutralised.

My idea of making this move useful is to make the effect last 8 turns, so that other Pokemon will be able to take advantage of the lowered damage, although the thought of making Steel types even better is a scary thought.

Sandstorm and Hail - Because the moves don't last very long for the Pokemon to actually take advantage of it, and also there are Pokemon that can set up the weather and have it last the entire battle.

I think the weather should last longer than it already last, so it should last for the entire battle like the auto weather inducers.

have the move sandstorm trigger castform's forecast.

Regarding the accuracy of certain moves:
I'd up Blizzard's to 80: it has the PP of Fire Blast, the weather effect of Thunder. I'd not change the others.
I'd up Focus Blast to 75, and have it's second effect chance at 30%, giving it much better chance to kick in, considering the move's shaky accuracy.
I'd up Sing to 65, have Hypnosis remain at 70, and up Grasswhistle to 60. Sleep Powder should remain as the most reliable move.
Cross Chop and Stone Edge I'd up to 85.

RE the power of certain moves:
Bullet Seed I'd up to 12, no more. It's an early move, it's not meant to be that great. Cloyster should get this, by the way. Icicle Spear I'd up to 15. Rock Smash is again an early move, of good typing. I'd up it by 10 at most (to 50), and would just as likely keep it the same. It's actually a very decent move.

I like winstein's changes to Water/Mud Sport, though I'd make it last 5 turns, with every turn that the user of the moves takes only counting as half a turn. It could then last the user 10 turns, and every two turns taken by the user would only diminish the effect one turn.

Castform is kinda designed, in part, around the idea of a water molecule. His forms are the form of water, i.e. vapor, water, ice. If he gets a Sandstorm form, then he gets to be Ground-type, and he becomes something like mud, I say. His Weather Ball should be a Rock move, not gaining STAB, but remaining at 100 BP.

/pokemon

Changes I would like to see;

- Petal Dance's Base Power increases to 120 (from 90)
- Grass' drain moves to increase PP by another 5 for each variation, so Absorb = 30PP, Mega Drain = 20PP and Giga Drain = 15PP
- Bonemerang to ignore immunity to Ground, like Sand Attack
- Increase Iron Tail's accuracy to 90.
- Increase Sleep Powder's accuracy to 85.
Make Spikes take only 2 turns to give full damage.
--Give Night Slash, Shadow Claw, Cross Poison, Psycho Cut, and Slash 90 Base ATK, since Leaf Blade and Attack Order are at 90 Base ATK.
Let's see:
Increase the accuracy of:
-Sing (by 15%)
-Hypnosis (by 15%)
-Grasswhistle (by 15%)
-Focus Blast (by 15%)
-Stone Edge (by 10%)
-Cross Chop (by 10%)
Increase the base power of:
-Bullet Seed (by 10)
-Icicle Spear (by 10)
-Rock Smash by (by 20)
-Increase Dizzy Punch's Base Power to 15. I don't think it has more Base Power however.
-Increase Rapid Spin's Base Power to 40.
-Increase Uproar's Base Power to 60.
-Increase Take Down's accuracy to %100. It already gets recoil.
-Increase Rock Climb's accuracy to %90.
-Give Scary Face %10 flinch chance(whut).
-Increase Disable's accuracy to %100. Really.
-Increase Glare and Scary Face's accuracy to %100.
-All move updates suggested on Smog besides Hypnosis.
-Increase Vital Throw's Base Power to 90. Make it more viable choice GF!
-Increase Elemental Fangs power to 70.
-Increase Poison Fang's Base Power to 60.
-Increase Gunk Shot's accuracy to %80.
-Increase Rock Slide's accuracy to %100. Lower flinch chance.
-Increase Steel Wing's acuracy to %100. Lower it's pp to 20.
-Increase Vine Whip's Base Power to 60(for the lulz).
-Increase Knock Off's Base Power to 40.
-Increase Thief's PP to 20.

Alternatively;
-Increase Energy Ball's and Flash Cannon's PP to 15 to match Shadow Ball or for Energy Ball, Seed Bomb.

Eeh, whatever.

Increase Accuracy of certain moves
Stone Edge and Cross Chop to 90
Focus Blast, Thunder and Blizzard to 80
Iron Tail to 95
Fly to 100

Fire Blast doesn't have a weather that can help it make it accurate.

It's called "sun". (If it doesn't do that, it should. Then it would be fair.)

Here's one that will put people up in arms:

Increase Hyper Beam's power to 165, and instate the recharge turn even if the attack misses.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom