• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What kind of trainer would you be?

You know, the way I play the games, I would be a highly competitive breeder. You know, ranch, IVs, all that good stuff.

But the way I live my life in real life... I would probably be a teacher or a scientist, possibly one specializing in Pokemon Dream Research. Think Dr. Burnet or Fennel. A Pokemon world would have far less competition in the maths and hard sciences, so even my meager skills would have been sufficient to pursue a career in the "softer" Poke-sciences. And that particular career would involve far less animal wastes and cleaning than breeding would...

I think I would love to just travel around with my Pokemon and explore all the different regions - maybe with a group of good friends. It was always my dream as a kid to have friends like Misty and Brock to travel around with haha.

Though in real life I hate the actual act of traveling, camping, etc. I wouldn't mind going to new places if it weren't for the long plane rides and my picky eating habits. However I think I would enjoy battling other people, even though I think I would definitely lose a lot. And having Pokemon partners would be the best part.

most likely a basic trainer
although I'd end up having my Pokemon out walking with me during the journey

Oh, me? I'd hang out with my Infernape, challenge gyms, become a fire master, and also train a balanced team with all types.

I'd probably be one of those Silver or Paul-type trainers that's a total jerk to his pokemon.

I'd probably be a Scientist. Pokémon fascinate me, and I need to know more about them.

Of course, I'd like to be able to put up a mean fight as well. Perhaps I'd even use the results of my research for training.

Last edited:
So the question is, Dragonfyre, would you be like Colress, or would you be more like Anime Gary? Your custom user title makes me think maybe you'd pick Colress? :p

fisherman that's for sure
catch 6 magikarp
hold everstones
when lv30 go to the move deleter and delete flail and tackle
because they are uselesss

I wanna be just a regular trainer, but my trainer class would be Poké Kid lol. Oh, and I would have a secret base tree house filled with pokédolls...and I would start my own berry garden, yay. lol

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom