• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What new Move Distribution would you like to see?

Status
Not open for further replies.
=
I don't know how many would agree with me, but we need stealth rock back as a widespread move. In Gen IV they had it as a TM (good, can teach to a lot of different pokemon), but if you didn't have HG/SS, you could only use it once. The Gen V had it available to certain pokemon (Laaaaaame).

Personally, I hate Stealth Rock with a fiery passion and wish to never see it again unless it gets nerfed. xD

I'd like to see a few more Pokemon get Shell Smash. I hope that Emboar has access to Submission and that the move receives a buff akin to how HJK did.

Also, I really hope that Black Kyurem has access to Icicle Crash, because it needs a good physical ice STAB, not Freeze Bolt. I'm afraid the chances of it getting Fusion Bolt are slim, as it will probably be limited to only one signature move, so it will be stuck using Wild Charge.

Golurk with stealth rock. We need more sr'ers this gen. And ferrothorn with sr + spikes + leech seed. It can only have 2 of 3, so I want all together.

I don't know how many would agree with me, but we need stealth rock back as a widespread move. In Gen IV they had it as a TM (good, can teach to a lot of different pokemon), but if you didn't have HG/SS, you could only use it once. The Gen V had it available to certain pokemon (Laaaaaame).

No, just no. Do you even realize what damages Stealth Rock has caused to the metagame because it was available to everyone in Gen IV? Because of it, most fire types, ice types, flying types, and bug types were sent to the lower tiers due to their weaknesses to rock types, to the point where they are forced to have either more bulk or a secondary type that grants them neutral damage to the hazard move.

Makes me wonder what the metagame would look like without Stealth Rocks.

I know that its already been said, but I would like a different TM list. While move tutors can handle the missing moves and distribution themselves, the unlimited TM usage is just convenience and I really hate paying for the high priced BP (battle point) moves.

No, just no. Do you even realize what damages Stealth Rock has caused to the metagame because it was available to everyone in Gen IV? Because of it, most fire types, ice types, flying types, and bug types were sent to the lower tiers due to their weaknesses to rock types, to the point where they are forced to have either more bulk or a secondary type that grants them neutral damage to the hazard move.

Well, Stealth Rock knocked the overrated Charizard to NU where he belongs, so that was a plus for me. D: Stealth Rock was awesome, and indeed, more Gen V Pokemon need it. Move Tutor Stealth Rock would be awesome.

Well, firstly I'd like Skull Bash to be featured on more movesets. That move's not easy to get nowadays, and I think it's a great move, with its defence bonus. I'd also like to have Dark Pulse back as a TM, tutor moves, including heatwave, and haze and mist as tutor moves, or maybe TMs as a counterpart to Safeguard.

Well, Stealth Rock knocked the overrated Charizard to NU where he belongs, so that was a plus for me. D: Stealth Rock was awesome, and indeed, more Gen V Pokemon need it. Move Tutor Stealth Rock would be awesome.
I think there should be some more Pokemon that get Rapid Spin to counter Stealth Rock, there needs to be some kind of counter to make things more balanced, Stealth Rock is kind of terrible, no offense.Maybe Rapid Spin could be a Tutor move.

If Flareon got Flare Blitz I might actually consider using it on one of my teams, so I hope it gets that move, also Serperior needs more moves so if it gets Contrary finally it can make use of the ability.

No it is not awesome. What Stealth Rock did was ruin certain types, which is why GF removed it from the TM list because they've realized how OP the move was back in Gen IV. It was also the reason I was forced to place Charizard on my Top 10 Worst Pokemon list. Even if Rapid Spin was expanded via Move Tutors, it's still not enough to save the types who are weak to Rock.

I wonder if maybe we'll get special Move Tutors designed specifically to teach the Starters (particularly the DW ones) their Egg Moves. I think that would be interesting and kind of cool. Sure, it removes the need to breed for the non-DW ones, but I have no problem with that.

If GF still doesn't give us female DW starters, then that idea would be a possibility (I want Dragon Pulse on my Sceptile darn it).

I would like to see the Litwick line learn Hypnosis and the Tynamo line learn Thunder Fang/Scald via leveling up or/and TMs IMO

Expand Espeon's movepool, make Grass-types better in general, and send Stealth Rock back to hell where it belongs. That's all I ask.

Besides expanding learning coverage a bit, Stealth Rock is indeed better off as a move only obtained through inheritance. I said "expand a bit", because it would be cheating the genderless Pokemon who can't learn it through breeding, or those who has Stealth Rock as their Egg Move but can't learn them naturally unless imported or obtained through Dream World. If Golett doesn't learn this move (I hope it does; we need a Ghost-type with this move), at the very least give it to Yamask, who already have sufficient members in its Egg Group that could learn this move.

Rapid Spin's coverage is also very limited too. Generation 5 in particular doesn't have too many new learners, so giving more members this move would be great. Serperior would do well as a spinner, as it has high Speed and good bulk to pull it off, not to mention having a few other support options. Chandelure would be interesting because while it may have a weakness to Rock and being vulnerable to entry hazards, it discourages spinblockers from coming in since they don't want to be hit by a powerful Shadow Ball, so it could just as easily pull it off (or trap a vulnerable foe and spin the hazards before disposing them).

There are a few moves I would like to see Glalie get (but not Snorunt, 'cause Froslass would have it too), since its movepool is already at a disadvantage compared to its counterpart. This includes Icicle Crash, Shell Smash and Stealth Rock. At least provide this scary ice face some scary moves!

Thanks for reading.

A Flareon knowing Flare Blitz would be good, even if it's only through event.

I mean, Flareon has for long been considered one of the worst eeveelutions, even as far back as Generation I. It could really use Flare Blitz to make nice use of that attack power it has. Sure it can learn Fire Fang and Flame Charge, but Flareon wants more. It's been wanting more for awhile now, but it's still going to be neglected. A fact of the games.

Even if it did learn Flare Blitz though, I still wouldn't use it. Most of the eeveelutions aren't that great.

Besides expanding learning coverage a bit, Stealth Rock is indeed better off as a move only obtained through inheritance. I said "expand a bit", because it would be cheating the genderless Pokemon who can't learn it through breeding, or those who has Stealth Rock as their Egg Move but can't learn them naturally unless imported or obtained through Dream World. If Golett doesn't learn this move (I hope it does; we need a Ghost-type with this move), at the very least give it to Yamask, who already have sufficient members in its Egg Group that could learn this move.
^ This.

I would love to see Golett, or failing that Yamask, with Stealth Rock. Either one could be handy with that move. But a Golett with Stealth Rock...me likey. Me likey very much. :evil:

I want just about everything said in the other posts (btw, Stealth Rock should die. Spikes and Toxic Spikes are the only entry hazard moves we need, as they are not type discriminatory, bar Poison and Steel for TS), but I need to stress that I really want Shell Smash Samurott. If nothing else at all, I want Shell Smash Samurott!

I want just about everything said in the other posts, but I need to stress that I really want Shell Smash Samurott. If nothing else at all, I want Shell Smash Samurott!
That would be awesome.. I really need to get Black and white, and a DS if im thinking of getting the sequel though....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom