• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What new Move Distribution would you like to see?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want a Power Gem, AncientPower. Dragon/Dark/Water Pulse, Night Slash/Psycho Cut/Leaf Blade/Blaze Kick, Hurricane, Earth Power, Mega Kick/Punch, Razor Wind, Fissure, Metronome, Icy Wind, Air Cutter, Giga Drain, Elemental Punches, Rollout/Ice Ball, Sky Attack, Nightmare, ZAP CANNON, Lock-On, Zen Headbutt, Whirlpool, Magnet Rise, Snore, Aqua Tail, Bounce, Rock Climb, Gastro Acid, Gunk Shot, Heat Wave, Iron Head, Mud-Slap, Vacuum Wave, Outrage, Thrash, Petal Dance, Rollout, Seed Bomb, Signal Beam, Close Combat, Power Whip, Twister, Headbutt, Heal Bell, Gravity, Low Kick, Magic Coat, Pain Split, Super Fang, Iron Tail, Horn Drill, Take Down, Body Slam, Double-Edge, BubbleBeam, Water Gun, PAY DAY, Submission, Dragon Rage, Bide, Skull Bash, PSYWAVE, TRI ATTACK, Curse, Steel Wing, Focus Punch, Bullet Seed, Secret Power, Roost, Drain Punch, Silver Wind, Ominous Wind, Avalanche, Snarl, Acid/Acid Spray, Arm Thrust, Aura Sphere, Air Slash, Aqua Jet, Barrage, Bone Rush, Bug Buzz, Bullet Punch, Beat Up, Blast Burn, Sheer Cold, Guillotine, Brave Bird, Clear Smog, Clamp, Confuse Ray, Confusion, Crunch, Cross Poison, Dizzy Punch, Dragon Rush, Drill Peck, Drill Run, Defog, Dual Chop, ExtremeSpeed, HYPER VOICE, Electroweb, Eruption, Extrasensory, Fiery Dance, Flare Blitz, Flatter, Foul Play, Future Sight, Gear Grind, Shift Gear, Head Charge, Head Smash, HEAT CRASH, Heavy Slam, Hex, Hi Jump Kick, Horn Leech, Hydro Pump, Hyper Fang, Inferno, Ice Shard, Icicle Spear, Jump Kick, Leech Seed, Lovely/Sweet Kiss, Mach Punch, Magnitude, Megahorn, Meteor Mash, Milk Drink, Miracle Eye, Mirror Move. Foresight, Odor Sleuth, Morning Sun, Synthesis, Recover, Moonlight, Softboiled, Roost, Mirror Coat, Counter, MUDDY WATER, Nature Power, Poison/Elemental Fangs, Poison Gas, Poison Tail, Punishment, Present, Quick Attack, Razor Leaf, Razor Shell, Reflect Type, Rock Blast, Rock Wrecker, Rapid Spin, Recycle, Sand Tomb, Seismic Toss, Shadow Sneak, Shadow Punch, Shell Smash, Quiver Dance, Coil, Sky Uppercut, Slack Off, Slash, SonicBoom, Spike Cannon, Spore, Stored Power, Storm Throw, Shock Wave, Sucker Punch, Sweet Scent, Tail Glow, Tail Slap, Triple Kick, Trump Card, Twineedle, Confuse Ray, Water Spout, Weather Ball and/or Wood Hammer Move Tutor set.

Any combination of these will do.

I'd like Mawile to regain Magnet Rise, which was available via tutor in HGSS. It was a really interesting move for a Baton Passing Steel-type to have.

I don't know how many would agree with me, but we need stealth rock back as a widespread move. In Gen IV they had it as a TM (good, can teach to a lot of different pokemon), but if you didn't have HG/SS, you could only use it once. The Gen V had it available to certain pokemon (Laaaaaame).

No, just no. Do you even realize what damages Stealth Rock has caused to the metagame because it was available to everyone in Gen IV? Because of it, most fire types, ice types, flying types, and bug types were sent to the lower tiers due to their weaknesses to rock types, to the point where they are forced to have either more bulk or a secondary type that grants them neutral damage to the hazard move.

Well, considering most pokemon can already have stealth rock from previous generations, the damage is already done.
I guess the amount of pokemon being able to learn them should be restricted to steel, ground and rock types (or maybe just steel and rock) for the Gen V newbies.

Anyway, a few other moves I'd like to be tutorable.
-Dragon dance
-Curse (again)
-Wish (also again)

And pretty much everything else from past generations

Why dragon dance? Because having a shiny Bagon from gen IV just isn't fair if I can't use it to it's full capacity.

It's not fair damnit!!

Honestly, I think the Stealth Rock problem would best be dealt with by modifying the effects of the move. Perhaps types with a dual weakness to Rock could only take 1/3 damage instead of 1/2? Something like that would be much better at limiting its impact on the metagame than just limiting its availability, because people will still find some way to get it if they really want it.

They could just make it like Spikes, where the type of the move isn't taken into account when dealing damage, and so it just deals a set amount (though levitators/flyers wouldn't be able to avoid it, like they can avoid Spikes).

I'm not fussed either way though. But I doubt they'll bring it back as a TM or a move tutor.

Give Onix and Steelix coil. All the other snakes, even Dunsparce (which is flat, so I don't know how it manages it) can do it. The idea of Iron Tail + Coil + Sheer Force + Life Orb intrigues me...even if it wouldn't be that great in practice.

Trubbish and Garbodor need Poison Jab. They're Poison types with appendages. No reason not to have it.

Unfezant needs Brave Bird. Its Flying movepool is terrible.

I need Shell Smash Samurott! Please GF please! It has a shell, sort of!

Lopunny should get Cotton Guard. Other fluffy Pokémon like Altaria and Ampharos can get it.

Speaking of Ampharos... I still think it (and Charizard) should get Tail Glow. Although that might be a bit too powerful since it got buffed to 3 stage increases rather then 2.

Also, give Earthquake to Beartic, It makes no sense to have a Bear Pokémon that is larger and heavier then Ursaring not be able to learn Earthquake.

It's not like Charizard and Ampharos were too good to begin with that Tail Glow would make them too powerful.

Tbh, tail glow's Japanese name(Firefly light) contradicts what Charizard and Ampharos are. And don't ask me why manaphy gets it.

Tbh, tail glow's Japanese name(Firefly light) contradicts what Charizard and Ampharos are. And don't ask me why manaphy gets it.

Which is why at this point, I don't really see why it matters unless sea angels are considered firefly of the sea.

Which is why at this point, I don't really see why it matters unless sea angels are considered firefly of the sea.

Well, charizard and ampharos cannot be considered to be fireflies, even by Pokemon logic.

Rhydon, which is 4x weak to water, can learn Surf. Therefore, I don't think it's unlikely for Charizard or Ampharos to get Tail Glow xD.

Also, give Earthquake to Beartic, It makes no sense to have a Bear Pokémon that is larger and heavier then Ursaring not be able to learn Earthquake.

Doesn't Beartic already knows Earthquake?

If anything, Ampharos, as well as other electric types, should have Grass Knot to take care of Ground Types since none of their moves provide enough damage to rid of them outside of HP.

Well, charizard and ampharos cannot be considered to be fireflies, even by Pokemon logic.
Even by Pokémon logic, a lot of moves don't make sense. If the only criteria is a "firefly light" and not being a firefly, then any bio-luminescent tail should work.

Doesn't Beartic already knows Earthquake?

Surprisingly... No.

It gets Dig and Bulldoze, but not Earthquake. Rapidash has the same problem, despite being heavier then Tauros.

As for the Tail Glow/Firefly Light debate, Consider that Druddigon gets Glare (called "Snake Glare" in Japanese) as an egg move and Rough Skin (called "Shark Skin" in Japanese) as a possible ability.

Druddigon is neither a snake or a shark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom