• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What pokémon is a "Must Have"?

I always try to get Magneton (and if possible Magnezone) into my team if I can. Same goes for Haunter (or Gengar, if possible).

I consider Metagross a must-have coz I find him very cool, but I've never actually had one.

Must have? I would really like a fully trained Darkrai as it would be awesome in the meta game
A pokemon that I have that I rely on? Probably my Groudon!

It's obvious. A bulbasaur that has adaptability or wonder guard poison heal as it's ability, is holding a toxic orb or something nice and knows following moveset:
- Seed Flare
- Sludge Bomb
- HP Rock
- Dark Pulse

...What?
...I can allways dream of it, right?
Maybe we'll have that kinda Bulbasaur as WiFi event someday, who knows :D

But...In a nutshell: Bulbasaur.

My must have at the moment is Gochimiru. Unfortunately, my copy hasn't arrived yet, so I'll have to wait.

I always have Luxray if I play Platinum. I absolutely adore him. Also, Eevee. Mostly because of the range of evolutions.

Scizor and, as of recently, Cubone with a thick club... That thing is impressive.

I must have at least one of every eevee evolution of course!
Also I'm quite fond of my Stantler now too.
Stomp! Stomp! Stomp!

Shedinja. It's a zombie ninja cicada that steals people's souls. That, my friends, is the very definition of badassitude.

Also, this HowTo article on killing Shedinja is hilarious.

• The pyromaniac method (burning the Shedinja)
  • The dangerously stupid (eg. running up and biting the Shedinja)
  • The blatantly crazy (flying into it)
  • The downright 'asking for it' (throwing rocks at the Shedinja)
  • The plain weird (throwing a Shadow Ball at the Shedinja)

And two of my favorite bits:
  • It has yet to be found whether alcohol poisoning will have the same effect on a Shedinja as regular poisoning.
  • When a Shedinja floats over a spiked tile, for whatever reason, it falls apart, despite the fact that it is floating, and therefore cannot be damaged by spikes that are on the floor. The physics of this are strange, but at least it gets the job done.

Seriously, they need to get rid of the Levitate ability and just have certain Pokémon automatically immune to Ground moves.

But I digress. Deathkān is also awesome. It's a mummy that turns other Pokémon into mummies. How awesome is that? Between the two of them Shedinja and Deathkān could start a zombie apocalypse.

Other favorites include Dialga, Scizor, Luxray, Ranculus, and Reshiram.

I've become a huge Toxicroak fan after I bred one with cross chop. Give him a life orb and watch him go to work. I'm also a fan of Gallade and Torterra

Tyranitar, Flygon, Dragonite.......My sweet dragon types......

Hmm, Zangoose is probably top of that list. It's usually one of the main powerhouses on my teams, along with Kabutops and Flygon. I love them so much~!

Chimchar, starting at level one, with flamethrower and brick break. :-D
This might change depending on how much I like using Emboar.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom