• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What pokémon is a "Must Have"?

Tyranitar is a must have. He is the second boss on my SS team, my Tpyhosion being the first.

Eevee and its wonderful eveelutions: Glaceon, Espeon, Jolteon, Vaporeon, Flareon and Leafeon.
But not Umbreon. Umbreon is ugly.
I'm also quite fond of Arcanine

Eevee and its wonderful eveelutions: Glaceon, Espeon, Jolteon, Vaporeon, Flareon and Leafeon.
But not Umbreon. Umbreon is ugly.

:O Umbreon is not ugly, it's mysterious! And it's one I must have.

I also like raising a Chimecho from a little Chingling. They are so cute and their cries are pretty!

Once Black & White are released in the UK, I think Mijumaru is going to permanently be my must have water-type. :)

Hihidaruma, it can still OHKO an opponent after using superpower twice! (i.e. attack lower by two levels) It also has tremendous speed!

Bulbasaur, Milotic, Houndour, Scizor and Dratini are all must haves. Also, Chikorita, Squirtle, Torchic, Vulpix and Eevee.

I don't think I always had the same Pokémon twice. I like many, so they all got a time to shine. I had however a pretty good experience with Staraptor in Platinum (It works really well with Empoleon!). That thing was a beast. In SS, I found myself depending on Gengar's devil speed to archive some close call victories. Her Hyponis was wonderful.

I practically soloed Sapphire with Swampert, but anyway I'd say he's a pretty good choice, especially at his home region where there are no main grass type trainers.

My rules for choosing pokemon are basically:

>Use the starter (Fire is my favorite)
>Get the Pseudo-Legendary
>Avoid over-lapping types
>Prioritize dual-type over single-type
>only use pokemon unique to the generation

The last one was kinda hard in gen IV, because of the many evolutions of pokemon from previous generations.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom