• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What Pokémon would you add to a new version of Poké Floats?

Red Knight

Saeve certando pugnandoque, splendor crescit
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
  2. It/Its
  3. Any
The Poké Floats stage in Super Smash Bros. Melee has always been a fan favorite, as well as a personal favorite of mine, despite how little I've played Melee. If the Smash team were to announce they were working on a new version of Poké Floats and were taking suggestions for which Pokémon they would feature on it, what Pokémon would you suggest? Any Pokémon from any generation would be allowed, except maybe the ones that are already fighters (Ivysaur, Charizard, Squirtle, Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Pichu, Lucario, Greninja, Incineroar).
Here are some of my ideas:
  • Swellow (Having a fairly straightforward platform would be nice.)
  • Grovyle (Between its tail, the leaf on its head, and its limbs, there are lots of interesting ways it could be posed.)
  • Drifloon or Drifblim (It's already a balloon, what better fit? Then again, the original didn't feature any of the Jigglypuff line.)
  • Wailord (Similar reasoning as the above, but also it's absolutely massive, and I think it would be funny if a significant portion of the loop was just going up, over, and back under a ginormous Wailord float.)
  • Wishiwashi (The Solo forms could fulfill a similar role to Unown in the original, plus the fact they could combine to make a School form could be interesting.)
  • Torterra (Large, has lore around things living on its back, has an interesting shape.)
  • Meowscarada (The floating flower bombs could be interesting.)
  • Clodsire (Fairly basic shape, fan favorite, the spikes that pop up from its back could be an interesting twist.)
  • Tauros (Pretty iconic Gen 1 mon. Plus, with its Paldean forms, I could see a small stampede of different Tauros working a bit like the Porygon did in the original.)
  • Entei (A fun reference to that one Trophy Tussle event from Melee.)
  • Barraskewda (IDK, I just like it, plus its shape is simple and flexible enough that you could do a lot with it.)
  • Klinklang (Interesting shape.)
  • Dudunsparce (Another fairly basic shape.)
  • Delphox (I could see a large Delphox float, holding out its arm and wand and looking to the side, functioning a bit like the large Psyduck float in the original.)

whooper
3 segment dundunsparce
(newest legendary at time of the games release)
(three starters for the generation this game is released in)
cinderace
gastly
alolan ninetails

Leafeon its leaf tail could act as a springboard.
Rapidash I don't know looking at its Yellow sprite it just feels right.
The legendary beasts (they are not dogs)
Wigglytuff
And honestly if we get a new Poke floats and no Snorlax that's a crime
Falinks or Exeggcute or both honestly
Dundunsparce both 3 and 2 segment
Magemzone
Persian

Magcargo could be interesting in that it would have a little flame coming out of its shell that intermittently worked as a hazard. Moltres and Rotom Heat Forme would be good, too, for the same reason.

Giratina (Origin Forme), aligned side-to-side with characters on its back, would have an interesting setup. The shadows would be immaterial, but the claws at the end wouldn't be.

An Eevee that evolves mid-battle into Flareon, Jolteon, or Vaporeon would provide an unpredictable change in hazards. Flareon would burn, Jolteon would cause spiky damage, and Vaporeon would be slippery.

Hoopa and Haunter would be interesting for having detached limbs.

I can't stand Poke Floats lol, but I'd play it exclusively if I could occasionally battle on a giant Togepi.

Back
Top Bottom