• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What status ailment do you find the most frustrating?

Freezing is the worst. You get frozen for 5 turns, your opponet thaws out the turn after you freeze it.

I consider Paralysis (and confusion, if it were an actual status ailment) the most annoying, as it's so random. While the other four are nasty, at least you know exactly what's going to happen if you don't switch out/heal. With Paralysis, I tend to continue fighting in the hope that I won't get the turn skip, and are thus really annoyed when it does happen.

For me, I absolutely loathe paralysis. Sleep, Poison, Burn, Freeze, and even Confusion and Attraction I can deal with (especially since all of them except for Confusion rarely happen to me). But somehow, if the Pokemon can use a Paralysis-inducing attack (even if it is only a small chance), bada-boom, I get Paralyzed. It never fails. That is always the way. The Speed reduction is insult to injury, since my battle style is either speed or defense (or both). When I get paralyzed AND confused, then I'm REALLY steamed. Confusion alone I can deal with, but when combined with Paralysis, somehow, I'm either too paralyzed to attack or attack myself. When those two are paired up against me, it never fails. However, Paralysis is the worst, and I never, and I mean NEVER, have a Paralysis Heal on hand when it happens. I mean, I'm okay with all the others (even Badly Poisoned, as I always have some sort of cure on hand), but Paralysis makes me want to rip out my hair.

Paralysis easily. I find all the others easy to survive, or they aren't common enough to be a threat.

Freeze. Just freeze.

It is by far the worst for me. Especially when it freezes a Fire Pokemon! How the bloody hell does ice freeze flames?! I'm never prepared, damn my strategies, with Flame Wheel, since I so much prefer Flamethrower.

Plus without Flame Wheel or Sunny Day, all you have to rely on is the small 10% chance that you will defrost by yourself. And knowing how the CPU loves to turn things their favor, it rarely happens. ._.

Flare Blitz will thaw you out too.

You know what I really hate? Damned "Fainted". What's with that man? :lol:

confusion it just piss`s me off as my pokemon hurt there self every time!!!!!!!!

In general I thought freeze was the most annoying. In Gen 1 you'd be screwed. Then I guess comes sleep.

Getting burned severely lowers your attack, so it's most annoying when it happens to a pokemon that relies on physical attacks.

I hate attract.

Infatuation has always frustrated me.

Especially since I like most of my Pokemon to be Male.

I hate Burn and confused.

I ABSOLUTELY DESPISE Paralysis, Poison, and Sleep. They really, really piss me off....

agreed MightyFalcon, the worst is when it's paired with something, especially paralysis or sleep.

sleep cause normaly a guy hits your best poke and its crippled and you always try to wake it up while he sets up on you with a sweeper or something

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom