• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What video games are you playing now?

Forgive the double post but I got some more done in Monster Rancher 2 DX. After much, much frustration I managed to not only get Nina into the A Rank but eventually the S Rank. I've also almost maxed out her Intelligence stat (it's sitting around 910-ish), though I need to work more on Skill, Speed, and Life (I don't bother with Defense, as it's the least useful stat, and it only actually works if it's higher than either opposing attacking stat, and even then it only reduces damage by roughly 25%, if that, and you're better off avoiding hits than taking them). I also gave her the Gold Peach I had obtained before to increase her lifespan to give me some more time to work with, though she's now starting to show the effects of age again, as the stat gains are becoming lower. I might send her on an errantry again soon, since I need some more techs and it'll be a good way to gain some late life stats. I've also gotten the first stable upgrade and second house upgrade. I will say that the AI in these remastered ports is a lot more aggressive and smarter, especially since the AI will now use techs when they have less than 49 Guts (something that the PSX version didn't do), so expect a lot more aggressive play. Overall I'm enjoying the game despite the occasional frustration.

I'm doing a rather impressive juggling act at the moment. I have picked up way too many games that take forever to do anything in...

So first off is Disgaea: Hour of Darkness. I've started probably run like 9000 at this point and yet again lost in the Item World loop, grinding one item only to receive a better one only to receive a better one etc etc. I have all the unlockable classes I want now and pretty much everything ready to go, just time to start the Demonhall Mirror grind I guess.

I'm also on my millionth playthrough of Fire Emblem: Three Houses. This is my last run of prep before Lunatic, where I'm aiming to just exp blast through loads of class etc. levels but it's also a run where I'm using the AW faction in the main campaign. Again, lots of Renown grinding!!!!!!

I've picked up Stardew Valley AGAIN, this time playing with friends (and naturally starting a solo farm too...). Also grinding EV Berries in Brilliant Diamond so I can fix my team ready for the rematches, we've managed about half of them and they've been closer than I want them to be!

And last but not least, I am back on the Diablo 2 grind, as a mod I play is releasing its new patch today so naturally I need to get onto that ladder fast.

Did a double dose of gaming today.

First, made some more progress on Monster Rancher 2 DX. Nina finally had to be retired. And just after she won the S Rank tournament, which meant she was eligible for the Major 4. But it took her a long time to reach that point so I had to retire her. Parting is such sweet sorrow. Also, I now have the ability to unlock Centaur, as I picked up the Spear while on an errantry. Sadly, Nina got hurt in the battle with the Centaur that attacked my ranch so that hampered things a bit. Now with Nina retired I have to decide on a new monster and start from scratch again. Seeing how well it served me in a previous run back on the PSX version I might consider using a Horn (or Hornie as per the more "modern" name). I mean, I did beat the game with it that one time, glitches and all, which helped me gain respect for the Suezo species. I'll have to go on Legend Cup again and see what songs/artists unlock Horn. But, for now, I'm taking a break.

Meanwhile, I finally got back to Breath of Fire 2. I did the Wildcat Restaurant in order to recover Jean's royal ring. I tried to get the skill ChopChop from the Wildcat but apparently you have to get it before Jean requests you to recover his ring, thus you need to go to Wildcat Restaurant prior to the location becoming plot-specific. Anyway, after getting the ring I did the hunt for Jean's ingredients for the cookoff with the impostor. Damn, the lower areas of the castle are even worse than Nimifu's tower in terms of encounter rates, as some of the monsters are just plain brutal at times. But, in the end I got the worm, cockroach, and gold fly for the cookoff. Then came the cookoff itself, with the real Jean "losing" due to it being rigged and poor Ryu had to eat Jean's food (just thinking about it makes my own stomach turn), leading to the final battle with the impostor. After winning I captured Yuna Patty and took her to Trout, revealing him to be a demon when Bow and Ryu raided his home. And then the forest around Gate started to die, prompting the need to find the Grassman. Which means we need to find Spar now.

In Pokémon C, now at League. I won the Elite 4 but can’t defeat Lance. I try hard to restart the game if I feel like I’ll lose.

Took a break from Monster Rancher 2 DX and resumed playing Breath of Fire 2. I did the events involving Grandpa the Whale, now having access to the ocean and all it's locations. This meant I could now access the secret character: Deis/Bleu, who I've since recruited. I've also gotten Township with all but one home occupied. As a result of getting Grandpa I went to Tunland to track down Spar, who was a carnival attraction about to get gobbled up. I went after the monster (which I can't remember the name of) in hopes of exchanging it with Spar. After doing the boss battle at Owl Woods to get more Owl Fruit I caught then released the monster, gaining two new items as a reward. I then confronted the ringmaster who became a demon and took him down. Spar joined up with the party, which means I have all the playable characters now. I immediately returned to Township to fuse Spar with the Water Shaman to power him up, as I now need to grind for levels in order to get him up to speed. Did a few side areas before taking a break.

Got WarioWare Get It Together and played to Orbulon’s. Trying to beat Zomon in the downloaded Sonic Lost World and am decided to train my team to Lv. 55.

Still workin' Breath of Fire 2. I haven't gotten much further than freeing Spar from the demon ringmaster. The reason? I've been grinding like mad at the giant monster island. There are some big events coming up and I need to get several of my characters up to speed. It's been a lot of trial and error (mostly error), with several missteps along the way (damn giant Gongheads), but I've succeeded in getting everyone up to the mid-to-upper 20s, with Ryu, Nina, and Deis/Bleu now in the 30s. I'm not 100% satisfied yet, though, as I want to get certain characters up to the 30s (specifically, Rand, Spar, and Katt), as they have important events in the near future (Spar is the most obvious, as he's needed to find the Wise Old Tree, which is the next major event), so I'll be grinding for some time more. The one thing I really hate about early RPGs is the excessive need to grind if you want to be in good shape for future battles. I've also recruited the last person to occupy Township, so the new town is full. After I've had my fill of grinding I'll return to the story events. At least I've been getting some nice items and lots of coins/Zenny.

In C, got my Graveler to Lv. 55 and am using my EXP. Share on the other Pokémon while I’m training one. I’m making sure there caught on one Lv. each so I would have to Lv. them up to 50 then 55.

I’m now on Zone 4 in SLW and did Ch. #15 in SG.

Minecraft: Got my armour up to 100% enchantmentification, Protection IV, Unbreaking III, and Mending on all parts, as well as Depth Strider III and Feather Falling IV on the boots and Respiration III, Aqua Affinity I, and Thorns II on my helmet. I also trained up a Leatherworker, Stone Mason, and a Priest, so now the town is pretty much filled up with at least one of every profession besides a fisherman which I don't really have interest in pursuing, plus a few additional unemployed folks should I decide that we could use some more of a given profession. Now that the important gear is all set up properly at maximum, I started on my exploration of the Nether. I've explored... Quite a bit of the place. I have found one singular fortress, so I've got the Blazes needed to start up alchemy, always nice, as well as my Looting III sword making absolutely certain that I've got the skulls needed to create a Wither whenever I feel like doing that. I have also found exactly four pieces of ancient debris. Enough to craft a single Lodestone so I can wander about as much as I want in the overworld and still have an easy point to return back to. For hours of exploration. And yes, I am aware that they're only found inside walls and chests. Which is actually terrible. Something that's already so rare to spawn should not have the additional clause of "Never generates exposed to air". The fact that you only ever need a single bar to upgrade anything makes it slightly less infuriating, but it's way harder to get than it has any right to be.

Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia: Gasp, Murph's pendant is a shard of a larger gem that has the power to weaken the dark shards the Gigaremo and Miniremo devices are using. That sounds handy! I'm exploring the Almia Castle in the Hia Valley to find this so called "Blue Gem".

Last edited:
Still on VC C. Made it to Kanto and got the Boulder Badge. I traded for Paul the Xatu and trained him with an EXP. Share.

Last edited:
Got the Cascade and Thunder Badges plus the Rail Ticket. I didn’t know that once Power Plant is finished that I can go through Underground Path instead of going through Saffron. I’m currently training the team Lv. 60.

Back
Top Bottom