• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What video games are you playing now?

I've been playing Monster Rancher DX; I finished 1 fairly quickly (though I would like to go back and unlock some more species) and have been pumping hours into the infamously harder 2.
*Fianna, a Hopper/Tiger. Got to B rank. Struggled mightily for a long time but came around near the end. Ended up being combined and creating a purebred Tiger I named Oisin; he came in somewhat stronger than a regular Tiger.
*Lans, a Plant/Plant. He was my game winner in MR1 DX, and I slated him over so I got a new monsters with some of his stats. He reached A rank, and was fused later to create Kaus the Phoenix; I set some training up to get a great combination so Kaus was born with excellent abilities.
*Francois, a Naga/Hare. He was intended to just be a money monster raised with efficent but inexpensive methods after I spent a lot of cash on ranch upgrades and training filler monsters used to create Kaus. He made it to A rank but Nagas do not live long, and he was combined and became a Zuum/Hare named Francine--the combo was even better and Francine was born even more powerful than Kaus. I have high hopes for Francine to make tons of cash as their starting abilities vastly outstrip a normal generated monster.

I pulled out a very old classic of mine today: Breath of Fire 3 (PSP version). I'm only really at the start of the game, just after Ryu, Rei, and Teepo defeat the Nue and are being hailed as heroes. I also apprenticed Ryu to Mygas so he can get spells like Frost for later, along with giving his AP an early boost. None of the party members are at Level 10 yet (I think they're all at Level 9 right now). I'm going to spend time exploiting the fishing minigame to gather up healing items and fish that I can trade with the fish merchant for better items (I want to outfit all three with Silver Knives to utterly trivialize McNell Manor and its ghost "problem"). Then once I do I'll "help" Mr. meaningful name Loki with his "request".

Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia: Cleared many postgame quests, only 6-ish left. I know some of them are just gonna give new partner Pokemon but there's only 6 upgrade slots left in my styler.

Jak II: Renegade: The Metal Head leader has been killed, Young Jak has been sent to the past to live the life that shall lead him to this moment, and Daxter now owns a bar. Truly the greatest ending that could be had.
Yeah... Jak II is definitely a PS2 game trying a new direction for the first time. Lotta rough patches even if I enjoyed the characters enough to push through it.

Jak 3: Yeah, you can tell the team really wanted to make the racing game that Jak X would eventually be. Lots of driving in this one. The camera still kinda sucks, but it's fortunately made up for somewhat by the mod for the spread barrel that just sends out a big shockwave, meaning you don't actually need to aim. Cleared the first batch of missions, and after getting the Dune Hopper I went bouncing around to a temple-y place where I found a glider I flew to a volcano to check on Seem's monks. Yeah, it's crazy out here in the wastelands.

Finished BD. I got every Legendary Pokémon and final Gym Badges as well as a few boosters and undiscovered areas as well as catching some Pokémon I missed to make the first part short (plus I didn't have my starter for some Gym Battles but I really don't need it). The E4 was easy a bit. And I managed to beat all but 1 of Cynthia’s Pokémon. Her Garchomp was strong. It stinks sorta since my team was at least Lv. 67. I try to not save now. I didn’t even save after trying to beat the E4 again but I did save before fighting Cynthia again. Her Garchomp was still strong but I x’d out and reloaded to try again and won. My starter wasn't the highest level but it doesn't have to be. My team's levels were okay. I tried to complete and get every Pokémon before showing Rowan but I don’t have too. Man, if the Pokédex data progress can stay with only spotting every Pokémon like with ORAS. I just decided to just head to the Celestic Town Elder to see Pakila, reported to Rowan and got National Pokédex mode. I the traveled to Ranmas plus Grand Underground to check out more stronger leveled Pokémon like in Lvs. mid or late 50s-60s as well as some shards to place to get the pedestals.

Made it up to accessing the train in SkLS’sA, but am deciding to go back to do rewards.

Still on Tropical Beach Zone 2 in SLW.

Last edited:
Still playing Breath of Fire 3 (PSP). I've done enough grinding for items and fishing for now to move ahead with McNeil Manor. Defeated the Pooch real easily though I failed to learn Snap from it, so now I have to figure out what other monsters use it so I can learn it. I also battled Rocky and got Jump on Ryu, so now I have a move that gives easy (if random) damage. Then I did all the ghosts of the past McNeils and fought their combined form. Followed that up with Balio and Sunder turning the childhood chapters on their head and "killing" Rei and Teepo. I spent some time in the Central Wyndia area just before the mountain to grind for levels, as the various Nut monsters, Tar Men, and Thunders/Volts made getting Ryu up to Level 15 easy. It also allowed me to learn every spell from Mygas, some of which I put in the Skill Notes for later (specifically: Meditation and Magic Ball, which will both go to Nina when I acquire her), while keeping Frost and Typhoon on Ryu for now (as the latter is an AoE attack and very useful against the Thunders/Volts, as they're weak to Wind, while also wiping out the various Nut monsters due to their low HP and tendency to be in groups). After learning every spell from Mygas I then apprenticed Ryu to Bunyan for the HP, Power, and Defense boost, since Mygas lowered the latter two stats (although Ryu's natural growth in those stats somewhat mitigated it). Now it's off to the next story events with the Wyndian Royal family and Nina's plight.

Currently playing Bravely Default. Been buying 3DS games recently so I figured I might as well play some.
I'm about 28 hours in at Chapter 3, there's still quite a few jobs missing so I'm guessing the Earth Temple next chapter is far from the end of the game lol. I'm enjoying it, though I've read that the lategame/endgame is very repetitive which is er...kinda concerning.

LGP: Did another Hall of Fame entry. Thought I could do an entry with no Legendaries but two Pokémon fainted. Will train so I can also fight Master trainers. May take sometime but the main thing is that I completed the game.

Pokémon Blue and Pokémon Trading Card Game on the 3DS, and more Miitopia on the Switch.

I'm playing through Blue with the intent of pulling off as many glitches as I can; I already did the Mew + experience underflow glitch a while ago, but Missingno. and 'M are kind of the goal here. TCG GB is just fun and I didn't want to miss my chance to play it since the 3DS eShop goes down later this month.

Pokemon Rager: Shadows of Almia: The quest list shrinks ever further. Three quests to go before the big Celebi wrap-up.

Jak 3: Found that monk in the volcano. It uhh, it didn't end well for them. But I can turn invisible now so that's cool I guess. Did a couple other missions, didn't kill Sig in the arena, had to blow up some Metal Heads for it, Ashelin wants me to go help the city but Jak, understandably, says "Fuck The City They Threw Me Out Into The Desert To Fucking Die", buuuuut eventually we decided to help out after all and now we're back in the city doing resistance stuff.

Still playing Breath of Fire 3 (PSP). Ryu's dragon form has been revealed to Balio and Sunder, promoting them to try to use him as a "golden egg" in front of the Wyndian royal family, only for it to fall flat. Enter Nina, who wants to free Ryu but ends up freeing Balio and Sunder due to her naivety. Ryu to the rescue. I managed to stall the battle against Balio and Sunder by using Influence on Balio to have his dumb brother attack him, sparing me a bit of pain while I kept healing each round until Nina awoke herself and fled, forcing the horse duo to flee themselves. After playing hide-and-seek with the local kids to learn about a possible Teepo sighting Ryu and Nina head out. After getting all the useless (though ironically necessary) skills from Durandal Ryu and Nina are captured by Balio and Sunder and sent to Gemnel, where Ryu frees them and they escape. After climbing the mountain a getting sold out by Mr. Maison Ryu acquired the Defender Gene while protecting Nina. Now I'm at Momo's Tower. I did the time challenge twice, netting the Ring of Ice and Wisdom Fruit, though I'm not going to bother with the MultiVitamin final prize, as the former two are the more important prizes (especially the Wisdom Fruit, as I'll need it to get Yggdrasil as a Master once I get Peco). Now I'm beginning my trek up Momo's tower to meet the ditzy genius engineer herself.

Metroid Dread- Finally beat it after today, took me fifteen hours. Rage inducing with how many deaths and the stupid shinespark puzzles in this game (seriously, this game doesn't like to tell the difference between jumps and shinesparks) but had fun.

I currently have been doing more of the Raids on Isle of Armor and restarting new data on Wii Fit Plus. I hope my LeafGreen will come soon.

Counting SwIaA and starting my LG adventure. I caught a team before the old guy, successfully beaten the rival on Rte. 22, watched the Teachy TV (had to rewatch to understand the Poké Dude’s wording, reviewed someone’s PC (and did each part out of order because I only had 1 Pokémon) and sorta checked the map from time to time (and will always check to get to my destination), and am now at Pewter City training my team (Bulbasaur, Pikachu, Pidgey, Mankey, Rattata, and Shiny Beedrill) to Lv. 15.

I picked up Monster Rancher 2 DX again, this time starting a new file. I had heard so much about Blue Kato being this go-to monster for players, especially speedrunners, so now that I don't need to worry about finding compatible CDs thanks to the online CD database in DX I decided to try one. At first... I was not very impressed. It doesn't help that Kato tends to learn more Power techs yet is an Intelligence-type Mon, so Quickstrike struggled a bit at first. However, after a while I got my feet under me and Quickstrike has been doing pretty well, even winning a few D-Rank tournaments despite still being an E-Rank Mon. Sadly, he still only has Power techs, and Power is his lowest stat, even after an earlier errantry in hopes of getting its infamous Twister Claw (and failing, obviously). Hopefully my next errantry will get him Twister Claw, as it'll actually feed off his better attacking stat. While I don't really see what makes Blue Kato so special compared to other monsters in the eyes of most players, especially speedrunners, it's not a bad Mon per se. Maybe I've just been a bit unlucky so far? Anyway, taking a short break so I can recharge my Switch Lite and I'll try my luck at the Torble Sea Errantry again in hopes of getting Twister Claw.

Forgive the double post but I got a hell of a lot done in Monster Rancher 2 DX since last time. I managed to get the Twister Claw tech... yeah, it definitely lives up to its hype. While it costs a lot of Guts (25) that move has single-handedly catapulted Quickstrike all the way up to the S-Rank within the span of a few hours. I've been spamming that move like there's no tomorrow and it has crushed several opponents. And the fact that it's a Hit Tech means it naturally has good accuracy. I spammed it enough times that I ended up getting the upgraded version: Tornado Claw, which is even stronger AND more accurate (though it costs 35 Guts, which is a pretty heavy price tag at times). But thanks to just Twister Claw Quickstrike has gotten to the S-Rank with ease (sans a few screw-ups here and there). I'm starting to see how Blue Kato is the go-to Mon for speedruns, though, then again, I don't use "meta" methods, so that might contribute to why it took me longer. Anyway, I've also gained the ability to unlock Phoenix (via the Fire Feather), Worm, Henger, Gali, Mew, and Centaur (via the Spear), the latter of which was the first time my Mon actually beat the wild Centaur that attacked my ranch. Usually all it needs is its one opening attack and the fight is over but Quickstrike actually avoided most of Centaur's moves and defeated it, something that has never happened to me before. Moving on, I also managed to nab three Gold Peaches in one expedition. Usually I'm only lucky enough to get one per run, much less three. I've used one on Quickstrike to get a bit more lifespan out of him. I'm hoping I can get him past the S-Rank before he gets too old, as his stat growths are starting to fall a bit (the Gold Peach certainly helped), and maybe even past at least one of the Major 4 (wishful thinking, I know). But damn, I just started this run today and already Quickstrike has gotten to the S-Rank. That's unheard of for me. And all because of one tech. Jeez. I'm stopping for the night now but I'll see if I can beat the S-Rank tournament tomorrow.

Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia: All quests cleared except the final Celebi quest. I feel like I'm gonna save that one. Feels like a good wrap-up to the rest of the game to do it last. Now I'm gunning to fill out the browser.

Jak 3: The Day Star that's been getting brighter and closer all game? Yeah, evil Precursors. They're attacking the monks' temple and that's probably a bad thing because the Precursor tunnels are in there and those kiiiiiiiinda lead down to the planetary defence system that we probably don't want other people touching. So yeah we're gonna stop that.

LG: Now am in Mt. Moon. Will continue BD probably as well as SwIoA the CT plus C.

Back
Top Bottom