• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime What was the last anime you watched before posting in this thread?

Shinsekai Yori (episode 8)
It's a gorgeous after the end story.

Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica. Alas, due to my monthly bandwidth cap, I can't watch ep 2 for 22 days. ;~;

Eureka Seven Astral Ocean episodes 23-24 (finale)

What in the world was that...
Contains spoilers from this series for realsy
So Eureka and Renton finally have their reunion, but I'm barely feeling any spark. I didn't even cry when they were crying at the end. Usually I tear up if an anime character tears up. I loved these two to death! What gives?

How did this sequel stray so far from its roots? Why are all the characters so bland? I don't even remember what is up with Elena's weirdness and Fleur bored me, outside of her shooting her fake dad / Truth in episode 19. Ao himself is alright, as he is less whiny and more determined than his dad. That was the beautiful thing about Renton's development though, he became less whiny. I just couldn't connect with Ao. He was piloting like, most of the time, and talking about blahhh must do this must stop that. ;~;

No one really charmed me in this series, though. I didn't feel the connection between Ao and Naru as strongly as Renton and Eureka's love for each other in the original. I wasn't humored ever by anyone on board the ships. I found the build-up for Truth as a villain -just to be erased from existence and in a new timeline, is an archetype and assisting Ao- to be laughable and a huge slap in the face. I didn't like Truth much anyways as the episodes progressed. He was also so annoying and in everyone's faces.

If I cared, I would rewatch it since I forget things when I have to wait weeks (or months) to watch episodes. I'll just read more about what the plot was supposed to be, haha. It's like Guilty Crown all over again... Nice time killed watching a pretty train wreck.

Yes, on the bright side, I found myself staring, mouth open and all, while watching the nicely animated fights. Guh. Can I pretend it didn't happen oh because it didn't happen because Ao is basically erased now baw

BTOOOM! episodes 1 and 2

episode 1 was great. episode 2 was... a little sick, but watchable. I'm going to watch episode 3 to decide whether to keep watching or not.

Poyopoyo Kansatsu Nikki, ep. 20 to 47, after deciding I won't be waiting anymore for the sluggish sub group I followed for it earlier.

Back
Top Bottom