• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime What was the last anime you watched before posting in this thread?

I've begun watching Aria: The Animation, and am about halfway through it. Surprisingly, the fact that absolutely nothing happens in this isn't even bugging me. At the beginning of one of the episodes, the main character says in a letter to her friend, something along the lines of "I'm taking it easy again today, let me tell you why...". I laughed out loud because I felt that that line was such a fitting summary of what I had seen so far. Just taking it easy and relaxing. The fact that everyone is always gently rowing boats around a beautiful city with relaxing music WHILE they're taking it easy, having picnics and playing with their adorable pet cats really just sets the mood in every way possible.

I would probably only be watching this one episode at a time anyway, since everything that happens is the exact opposite of suspense, meaning there's no overwhelming desire to binge watch it...but I don't actually have a choice in the matter. I've been watching after work, and each episode has managed to send me off to sleep without fail. This is a far cry from the way I'm used to enjoying anime, but honestly, I don't dislike it one bit.

Some idol anime. I usually watch anime with my brother now, he does seem to pick out ones i like, though. I thought the characters in this one were cute and pretty :)

Orange, episode 4. Got to admit, I did have big reservations about this, expecting it to be a rather dopey shojo that I'd drop after two episodes. And well - ok, it is a bit dopey, but mostly in an endearing way, and the structure of the narrative is rather interesting

Orange, episode 4. Got to admit, I did have big reservations about this, expecting it to be a rather dopey shojo that I'd drop after two episodes. And well - ok, it is a bit dopey, but mostly in an endearing way, and the structure of the narrative is rather interesting
I feel the same! I'm actually enjoying it much more than I thought I would.

Not to say that it already doesn't have its fair share of shoujo flavor melodramatic moments. And some moments of really girly writing...for instance, at the end of this last episode where Kakeru giggles, exclaims "Naisho!", stands up, and frolics away. Had me in stitches seeing a guy doing that...but I digress. I'm more interested to see if it can continue to make the sci-fi/fantasy element meld with the plot in a balanced but meaningful way.

Back
Top Bottom