• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime What was the last anime you watched before posting in this thread?

Completed Cherry Magic! earlier today, was a very cute and satisfying watch; might pick up the manga at some point. Also finished the first Queen's Blade show, I was already aware of it for a while but decided to finally give it a shot recently; it's fine, not the best but enough to keep me interested in finishing the rest of the series at least.

Still watching airing series like Bucchigiri?!, Delicious in Dungeon, Ninja Kamui, and Solo Leveling. Three of the four are nearing their run, and the other has another twelve episodes to go. They're alright, wouldn't mind another season of each if they decide to do that (though I still stand by that Solo Leveling is going too fast and still greatly prefer the manhwa). I also decided to pick up Frieren to see what the hype is about, and it's fine so far, but nothing really hooked me yet I guess. I have the manga on my planned to read list so maybe I might read that to compare and see if I'll like that one more right away.

Also planning on rewatching the original Legend of the Galactic Heroes OVA again. It's just that great of a show.

After a therapy session, I decided try to do something that could make me happy, and I thought about watching an anime, movie, series, or reading a light-hearted book—things that I haven't done in a while, for reasons I can't quite explain.

I initially searched on Netflix and Amazon Prime, but after aimlessly wandering for hours, I couldn't find anything that interested me. So, I decided to try an anime. This has been quite difficult for me because, despite having cherished memories in this universe, almost everything in it has been boring me lately. (The last anime I truly enjoyed was "Koe no Katachi - A Silent Voice.")

After some research, I came across the, current acclaimed, "Frieren: Beyond Journey's End." When I read the synopsis, I thought: "Another fantasy RPG anime, ugh." However, due to the positive public opinion, I decided to give it a shot.

But in the end, it wasn't just a "shot", it was a "blast".

"Frieren" is a captivating story of self-discovery, reflection, and understanding. It takes us on a quest to unravel the meaning of live, why we live, how we live, why we make the choices we do, and what truly brings us happiness. It's all about chasing those fleeting moments of joy that hop from one smile to another until get lost along the way only to be found again in unexpected places.

It's a journey filled with purpose, where each new day brings a glimmer of light, illuminating familiar yet unique paths, just as a reflection of ourselves. For, like the ever-changing currents of a river, life flows ceaselessly, embodying singularity and familiarity in every instant of our existence.

But above all, "Frieren" is about feeling and experiencing the wonders of life, regardeless of sensation. It's about the simple pleasure of experiencing what life has to offer and what lies ahead. It reminds us to listen to the voices of those who support us and, most importantly, to listen to our own hearts. Sometimes, it means retracing our steps and reflecting on why we keep moving forward, all while living in the present moment, cherishing the journey towards and the bright future that awaits us just around the corner.

To be honest, I'm not entirely sure if I fully grasped the anime, but, regardless, I felt extremely happy watching it, experiencing it, and living through each of its moments and characters.

And even though, after watching it, a lingering parassocial feeling of anguish and emptiness remained in my heart, I realized that, beyond "Frieren: Beyond Journey's End," with each new dawn, there is always a new ray of light illuminating my days and my life.

Lastly, I would like to extend my utmost appreciation to the producers of this incredible work and wholeheartedly recommend it to my fellow forum members.

Last edited:
Picked up the Spice & Wolf reboot on Monday, I'm just happy this series is back as, while I still really love and enjoy the original anime, this one is more faithful to the LN, so it was certainly a series that needed a "Brotherhood" type reboot. Regardless, I just know this is going to be a straight ten for me (along with another rebooted series as well) compared to the other newer anime I'm watching currently. I do miss the original opening though, I think that one is my favorite compared to the newer OP, though I like the new ED as much as the original at least. I just hope we get to a point, if they continue with this, where we can finally see Holo and Lawrence's daughter, Myuri, in the anime; she's my second favorite character in the series after Holo herself.

And today I watched another rebooted series, Bartender. Again, I like the original anime as well, but I think this one is going to be better, and hopefully cover the manga properly this time. Downside is, I'm not a fan of Ryuu's new voice acter, not as calming or charming as the OG Takahiro Mizushima imo. The animation for this one is great though, and more of the drinks are certainly going to look even better/beautiful. Another ten for sure!

Last edited:
Picked up the Spice & Wolf reboot on Monday, I'm just happy this series is back as, while I still really love and enjoy the original anime, this one is more faithful to the LN, so it was certainly a series that needed a "Brotherhood" type reboot.

Wait, has the reboot already aired? I should check it out over the weekend, :enzap:. What streams is it available on? Crunchyroll? - I also loved the old anime, and I actually found the second season to be superior to the first, especially in terms of animation. However, while the new one is supposed to be even better, I was a bit disappointed with the artistic style.

I just hope we get to a point, if they continue with this, where we can finally see Holo and Lawrence's daughter, Myuri, in the anime; she's my second favorite character in the series after Holo herself.

The Spoiler Tag, my friend. I never got around to reading the manga, and I had no idea their relationship evolved to that extent. Personally, I thought the original storyline was short and didn't progress that much over time.

Last edited:
Wait, has the reboot already aired? I should check it out over the weekend, :enzap:. What streams is it available on? Crunchyroll? - I also loved the old anime, and I actually found the second season to be superior to the first, especially in terms of animation. However, while the new one is supposed to be even better, I was a bit disappointed with the artistic style.

The Spoiler Tag, my friend. I never got around to reading the manga, and I had no idea their relationship evolved to that extent. Personally, I thought the original storyline was short and didn't progress that much over time.
Crunchyroll is streaming it yes. Apparently Netflix as well from what I've heard, though I don't really watch much from it to know for sure. I did like the older animation style for it as it has a charm to it, the newer one is fine, but looking at figure releases for Holo in current year, they really copied the new anime style, I preferred ones that emulate the older anime imo. If you're curious, here's an image for comparison:
Personally, the 2022 version really captures the style of both the anime and the first LN cover very well, though the 2024 version has the iconic fluffy tail, at least.
zby2hyxrg1sc1.jpg

And apologies for that, I'd assume it was already common knowledge, but I guess the LN version isn't as popular; went ahead and spoiled it for future reference. As an aside, while I like the manga version just fine, I'd recommend reading the light novel if you're able, as it's the original version of the story. The manga is more lighthearted and cuts out quite a bit from the LN, so it's an abridged version, basically. And if you're curious, the LN has a sequel called Wolf & Parchment that's been out for a while, which focuses on the new characters. (the original LN ended at either volume 17 or 18, I can't quite remember as I haven't picked it back up in a while, but it's still ongoing as the author added in "Spring Logs", set a decade after S&W)

i watched all of cowboy bebop in one day in ....january and i really liked it! spike was so gender. the theme of the anime was wonderful and very poignant especially today. and it had a wonderful art style

Back
Top Bottom