• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What would your first Pokemon be?

My three favorite Pokémon tend to be Steelix, Ninetales and Leafeon, so I'd want to start with an Onix, Vulpix or Eevee. Onix is highly unlikely, and Vulpix and Eevee both make for workable starters, so it would have to be between those last two. Likely Eevee, since they seem to be raised in captivity, which makes them the logical choice. Of course, if I wanted to go with something more exotic, I could always start with something like a Golett, Ralts or Larvesta (of the three, I'd probably go for Golett).

Hard to answer these things when you have so many favorites.

I actually used an action replay to start with a Dratini in Platinum (no, I don't use it any more because action replays make games really boring). Anyway, Dratini was a beast all the way through, and I felt so epic when it evolved on Spear Pillar and then I creamed Cyrus with it. It also has a pretty good move set. If I could legitimately start with a Dratini in a game though, I would want my rival to start with a Bagon or a Gible.

I would start out with Gyarados, but I guess it wouldn't be easy to handle as a rookie trainer, so I choose Bulbasaur.

Hmmm....either....Ghastly, Bulbasaur, or Eevee. Ghastly evolves into Gengar, my favorite Pokemon. Bulbasaur is my favorite starter, and like many others have said, Eevee has many possibilities (I'd choose either Umbreon or Leafeon probably)

Wow. Hard choice. But, I'd definitely go with one of the following:

Gible, Riolu, Sewaddle, or Seviper.

Out of those...I just can't possibly make my mind up.

Budew. I love Roselia and its evolutions and all, anyway, so...

I would like to choose one of a legendary trio like in Sinjoh Ruins because legendary pokémon are rarely low levels. If you could choose one of the legendary birds I would choose Zapdos. If it is bad to choose a legendary pokémon I would choose Ralts and its gender like in XD when you could choose which evolution of Eevee you wanted the Eevee to evolve into.

Last edited:
I'd love to start with a Larvesta. It evolves into an amazing pokemon, though it takes a while to level it high enough.

Gible, because I think they are quite cute and it has an insanely badass evolution.

There's a lot of Pokémon that I'd like having as a starter, really. A Roselia, Eevee, Snorunt (female), Zigzagoon, Squirtle, Torchic, Piplup... I'd be fine with any of these.

I got a list here's the order of my list that it's in.
It goes, Ralts, Taillow, Rufflet and Beldum, Riolu, Togepi, Dratini, Natu and then Abra.

Last edited:
Spinda, obviously~ ♥

Because I'm not very serious about battling, and I think the moment I saw a Spinda, I would want to bring it home with me. Plus I like its spots~!

Shinx is a close second though, just because he's so cuuuute~

Pikachu or Eevee.

Haters gonna hate.

I would have to say squirtle, bulbasaur, charmander, dratini. Any of those would make me happy! Or maybe even an Elekid.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom