• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What's your Favorite Pokemon from each of the Hero's?

Dragon Master

Dragons Rule
Reaction score
I Apologize if this has been made before or if this is in the wrong area.

After the newest episode of Sun & Moon finally being dubbed where Ash catches Rockruff, (which i am extremely excited and glad he caught) it got me thinking of all the Pokemon Ash and his friends have caught over the years. Some really surprising and some disappointments. Some with great personalities and some needing more development.

So just curious to see if everyone had a personal favorite Pokemon from each of the teams that has been on the big screen that followed Ash. Whether it was for their species, personality, their battles, etc. What made them your favorite per team.

Only Ash and his friends, not his rivals. Long enough with his friends lol.

So for mine:

Ash- Mine is Charizard but thats only because Charizard is my favorite Pokemon of all time. But if he wasn't there, it would be Sceptile. I like Sceptiles and his personality of the loner/thug lol

Misty- I love her Politoed. Always cheering everyone on

Brock- His Onix (even tho its a Steelix) this one is just for the species

Tracey- Scyther, I really liked the backstory of it and with it still trying to be a hotshot even tho he isnt as young as he was. Didn't take any crap from no one, not even Charizard

May- Munchlax has to take the cake and eats it here, literally! loved its food obsession and always on the hunt for its next bit to eat.

Dawn- I have to go with Buneary. Its crush on Pikachu and going all shy if Pikachu talked to it was always so cute

Cilan- only out of 3.... hard but I go with Pansage. Cilans signature Pokemon and only one who really showed personality in my opinion

Iris- I had a lil bit of a difficulty between Dragonite and Excadrill. Both powerful and kinda similar personality wise but i got with Dragonite. Besides it being a Dragonite which are awesome, Dragonite had the tough guy personality again but a lil bit of a show boater instead of a loner. Taking on fights head first and even flexing to show off his muscles. Excadrill was a lil bit of a whiner in my opinion with it shutting its self off for a while simply cuz it lost a battle

Serena- Hands down Pancham! Him wearing those glasses won me and its constant rivalry with Chespin was funny which leads me to my next choice.

Clemont- Im not a fan of Chespin as a species but Clemont's Chespin won me over with style. lol. Quite often the comic relief, eating its fill until it cant move, trying to win Eevee/Slyveon's affection and the rivalry with Pancham again. I loved this lil guy!

Honorable Mentions:
Ash's Buizel
Brock's Croagunk
Ash's Rowlet
Tracey's Marill
Dawn's Togekiss
Misty's Psyduck

So there are mine, if you want to put yours down, awesome!

Satoshi - Pikachu
Kasumi - Sunnygo
Takeshi - Gureggu
Kenji - Strike
Haruka - Agehunt
Hikari - Pachirisu
Iris - Emonga
Dent - Iwapalace
Serena - Tairenar
Citron - Horubee
Kaki - Lizardon
Mamane - Togedemaru

In some cases these are biased on the Pokemon's design, but in others the Pokemon's role in the anime has made me like them more.

Ash-Squirtle (Honorable mentions: Bulbasaur, Charizard, Pikachu, Bayleef, Snorlax, Heracross, Totodile, Palpitoad, Greninja, Rowlet)
Misty-Politoed (HM: Psyduck)
Brock-I don't think I have to say it (HM: Forretress).
Tracey-Marill
May-Munchlax
Dawn-Ambipom
Iris-Emolga
Cilan-Pansage
Serena-Pancham
Clemont-Bunelby
Bonnie-Squishy
Sophocles-Charjabug

Last edited:
Ash: Charizard (honourable mentions: Pikachu, Infernape, Staraptor)
Misty: Starmie (Homourable mentions: Poliwhirl (not Politoed, didn't like the changes), Horsea
Gary: Blastoise
Brock: Crobat (honourable mention: Chansey)
Tracey: Venonat
May: Blaziken
Dawn: Quilava
Iris: Excadrill (happens to be one of my first Pokemon in a browser game, so Iris having it as her first powerful Pokemon is immensely relatable for me)
Cilan: No opinion
Clemont: Luxray (chespin was annoying)
Serena: tie between Braixen and Sylveon
Jessie: Mimikyu by far (Honourable mentions: Arbok (I felt genuinely sad that it left with Wheezing) and Wobuffet
James: Weezing
Paul: Torterra like him too much to ignore

Ash: Picking one from each region- Squirtle, Bayleef, Sceptile, Buizel, Palpitoad, Talonflame, Litten
Misty: Politoed
Brock: Croagunk
Tracy: Venonat
May: Glaceon (I also liked her Kanto starters:D)
Max: Raltz :p
Dawn: Buneary (Honorable mention to Ambipom:cry:)
Iris: Excadrill-I don't like any of her Pokemon. This one was simply the one that didn't annoy me.
Cilan: Pansage
Serena: Braxien - I don't like Braxien as a Pokemon, but Serena's was great personality-wise :)
Clemont: Bunnelby
Bonnie: Dedenne/Squishy :p
Sophocles: Togedemaru
Lana: Popplio
Kiawe: Charizard
Mallow: Steene
Lillie: Snowy

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom