• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

UNITE What’s your favourite battle type?

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
I personally like Attacker, but I will settle for an all-rounder. I don’t really like playing support, and defender and speedster are kinda meh. My main is Gardevoir followed by alolan ninetails, and last time I checked they’re both attackers? I know for sure Gardevoir is.

What about you?

Here's what I think about each:
  • Attacker: This one is arguably my most used class. I like the mixed between longer range while still be able to chase opponents.
  • All rounder: The other runner-up for my favourite. Sometimes a closed ranged beat-down is also fun.
  • Defender: I like playing Mammoswine and Blastoise from time-to-time. I'm quite underwhelmed when I see a defender in the lobby for some reason.
  • Speedster: Can be enjoyable, but I don't play them as much anymore. (Perhaps they are starting to get too technical?)
  • Supporter: My least favourite. I like the concept, but the only ones I play as is Hoopa and maybe Sableye if I'm feeling a bit adventerous that day.
But TBH I just play whatever I feel focused on that week, or if I feel like there's a gap in the team. Also Gardevoir can indeed be a bit of fun.

I can have fun with anything, but I prefer quick brawls using Speedsters and Attackers over protracted melees with Defenders and Supporters. Plus, as a Speedster or Attacker (even All Rounders sometimes), you can take initiative and go after an under the radar objective solo, expecting to complete the battle in a reasonable timeframe even when alone.

Back
Top Bottom