• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What's your least/most favorite new feature introduced in Generation V?

The Pokemancer

Arceus's Personal Seer
Reaction score
I myself am a little disapointed they didn't include a multi-trade feature (y'know trading more than one Pokemon at a time). I don't mind trading one at a time, it can get a little redundant if trading a lot.

Most favorite, though, is the IR trade. Now I don't need to go to a Pokemon Center each time I want to trade.

I love the IR trading. It's so much quicker now!

I love the enhanced connectivity in general for this generation.

This is a tough question.

I guess, off the top of my head, my favorite (or most useful) would be the Dream World and the battling/training mechanics. Dream World introduced a whole new way of enjoying Pokemon, and I hope that GameFreak continues Pokemon online (MMO-hopeful :O). The training is faster now because of the level difference mechanic and faster battling (also Audino), while EV training is now calculated after battles and works even after lv100, which is great. Wi-Fi battles, Triple, and Rotation battles support the Battle-oriented feature.

Least favorite feature? Nothing really. All the features introduced this generation have been great, but I'm kinda disappointed with the way GameFreak implemented the Black City/White Forest exclusive areas to be time-based and 'unfillable' without someone in close proximity. If Dream World and the exclusive areas could unite over Wi-Fi, then it'd be a whole lot more convenient.

I like the new graphics in the battles. They really improved in the visual area.

I like how they give N a legendary on his team, I like the triple battles and rotation battles as well.

Last edited:
Least favorite:

GTS Negotiation. Spam Frowny Face 24x7 unless you have a legendary.

No touchscreen.

Favorite:

3 at a time link trades.

I love the new graphics, and the Entralink is pretty neat, though I don't actually use it much.

Musicals are my least favorite new feature. They are uninvolved, boring, and unrewarding. I played it once, and it was cute, but there's no reason to play it again unless you like dressing up Pokemon.

Having to battle the champion later on was nice and batting Ghetsis's Hydreigon was awesome.

I liked how they elite four and champion got stronger the second time you faced them.

Having to get a Rotom in a In-game trade, no transfer from other games required! That was nice!

I like that the dragon gym leaders for black and white are different

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom