• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which pokemon do you forget it exists?

skynerel

How could I forget Spinda??!!
Reaction score
I’m replaying pokemon emerald and after seeing Spinda again I realized that I often forget it exists, even though I don’t dislike it. Maractus is another pokemon that I often forget as well.

My go-to answer used to Binacle/Barbaracle, however that's had the reverse effect of making it memorable for me by now lmao.

Anywho, I think I'm gonna say the clampearl line. You'd think a split evo line would stick out well, but like idk... These guys I just keep forgetting exist. Gen 3 has an insane amount of memorable and iconic Pokemon so I think they just get lost in the shuffle in that regard

I kinda dislike Shiinotic. It's so annoying to battle in-game, even looks the part of a terrible nightmare, but I used to sometimes forget about its existence, since I hardly see it anywhere outside Gen 7 wild encounters or battle facilities. I used to feel glad of having forgotten about this Pokemon each time I'm reminded of its existence, but now I can't forget it due to how funny it is that Gamefreak accidently made Shiinotic a mythical Pokemon in Scarlet and Violet's code.

Heck it's probably still registered as a mythical in the code.

a while back i could name every single mon without looking at a reference and, without fail, the absolute last ones i remembered were always the whismur line

Tranquill and Seadra are my most often forgotten, I think. I have no trouble at all getting their base forms and final evolutions to come to mind, but every time I see those particular middle stages I can't help but be like "...that exists?" :stunfisk:

The Jangmo-o line is also incredibly unmemorable to me, for whatever reason. Ask me to name all the pseudo lines and I'll invariably skip over Kommo-o without even realizing it. Aside from the fact that they've rarely made any appearances outside of Gen 7 so far, they're just not the kind of Pokémon that I would ever really care to think about — not to mention, their names are all so similar that I even mix up which one is which...

Tranquill and Seadra are my most often forgotten, I think. I have no trouble at all getting their base forms and final evolutions to come to mind, but every time I see those particular middle stages I can't help but be like "...that exists?" :stunfisk:
I have this exact same sentiment with Cosmoem. Cosmog I remember because Nebby stayed at this stage for most of the anime, and Lunala's one of my favorite legendaries, but the only thing about cosmoem that I vaugely remember is how heavy it is.

For a long time I completely forgot that Purrugly and its pre-evolution existed. I don't think it was featured in any Pokemon game I played in between Gen IV and more recent entries. I forgot exactly when and where I recalled they existed. lol

One time I randomly remembered a really cool-sounding Pokémon cry, but couldn't remember which Pokémon it belonged to. Eventually (probably after running into it in Legends: Arceus) I discovered that the Pokémon in question was one that I had completely forgotten about, Lumineon. It has a nice design, but other than its cry there really isn't anything about it (or Finneon, by extension) that makes it stand out from all the other Water-type fish Pokémon to me.

Jeez I'm seeing plenty of my favorite Pokemon mentioned here.
For some reason, almost everything that is a mustelid in Pokemon usually eludes me entirely. Namely Zangoose, Linoone (Hoennian one specifically) Floatzel line, Mienshao line, and I guess the Skuntank line (though ancestrally speaking they're more of the greater superfamily of Musteloidae; and frankly I actually dislike them)

Furret is cute, though.

Several Pokémon, to be honest. However, most of the time it's not like I actually forget them, but rather that sometimes I don't remember them.

Gen 1 - Farfetch'd (Certainly not anymore these days after it gained a counterpart in Galar and it take place on Ash's team) and Tangela (before it got the evolution, I almost always forgot about it).

Gen 2 - Shuckle, Corsola, Smoochum, Delibird (Christmas and now the Paradox form are the only reasons I remember this Pokémon).

Gen 3 - Castform, Chimecho, Wynaut.

Gen 4 - Burmy/Wormadam, Cherrim (Sunshine Form), Chingling, Carnivine (If it weren't for the anime, I would never remember this one).

Gen 5 - Patrat, Sigilyph, Tynamo, Stunfisk, Heatmor, Darumaka/Darmanitan, Munna/Musharna. (I haven't played much B/W).

Gen 6 - Spewpa, Spritzee/Aromatisse, Helioptile/Heliolisk.

Gen 7 - Stufful, Pyukumuku, Dhelmise, Komala, Drampa.

Gen 8 - Blipbug/Dottler, Nickit/Thievul, Cursola, Eiscue (I played Sword and Scarlet), Dracozolt, Arctozolt, Arctovish (Galar's fossils are horrible, I don't even like looking at them, except Dracovish for his strength and the anime), Enamorous (Therian Forme) - I would like to erase this Pokémon from my mind.

Gen 9 - Nymble/Lokix, Tadbulb, Capsakid, Flittle, Wiglett/Wugtrio (I know that a lot of people like them, but I'm sure that, changing the generation, I will "forget" their existence).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom