• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which starter did you choose?

Agreed that fire types rock, but most people choose them, so they're easier to get on the gts. still, they rock!

In Pearl, I chose Turtwig and in Platinum I chose Chimchar....
I like both Grass & Fire Types, the water starters that I really like
are Squirtle, Totodile, and Piplup.

In Diamond, I quickly chose Piplup as my starter, which worked out well for me. Then for Platinum, I was conflicted whether to use Chimchar or Turtwig. In the end, I used the Coin Toss app on Diamond and chose Turtwig (although I stopped using him sometime after the second Gym, but that's besides the point).

awesome is right! torterra is a friggin walking continent! Much more impressive than the walking flower venusaur! lol

I started with Piplup (named Pipsqueak) on Diamond, and he's now a lvl. 100 Empoleon. I use him as a "mentor" to train up weaklings (I stick the weakling with an Experience Share and I put my Empoleon at the head of my party, so he can wipe out my opponent and give the experience points to the weak one). I chose Piplup in Platinum too, but he's only a lvl. 25 Prinplup right now.

PS: WATER STARTERS ARE AWESOME

wow, you guys are freaks! how can you all have starters at lvl 100 (hides his two lvl 100 starters behind his back)

wow, you guys are freaks! how can you all have starters at lvl 100 (hides his two lvl 100 starters behind his back)

I've got six starters at level 100, plus the three Kanto starters in their basic form and an Ivysaur. I'm currently training three more starters as well.

I've got six starters at level 100, plus the three Kanto starters in their basic form and an Ivysaur. I'm currently training three more starters as well.

Are you going to trade them off, or it's for your own personal collection?

Thanks.

Turtwig, 'cuz Torterra totally owns Empoleon and Infernape, and then I added a Bidoof, Pachirisu, Drifloon, and Bronzor. Bibarel went bye-bye after I traded over a Gyarados and I augmented the group with a Skorupi it took me boody forever to catch later on.

Why do you ask? Do you want one?

Well, not really xD

No, actually I was just wondering if your doing this out of fun, you want to brag about it, your bored, some competition, or you just wanted to train them to the ultimate level.

And even if I wanted one, I can't really EV train it since it's already lvl 100. Unless you EV trained them.

Furthermore, I just wanted to grats you, if that were me, I would of gave up for sure.

So cheers for keeping focus. (Y)

Thanks.:ksmile:

Well, not really xD

No, actually I was just wondering if your doing this out of fun, you want to brag about it, your bored, some competition, or you just wanted to train them to the ultimate level.

And even if I wanted one, I can't really EV train it since it's already lvl 100. Unless you EV trained them.

Furthermore, I just wanted to grats you, if that were me, I would of gave up for sure.

So cheers for keeping focus. (Y)

Thanks.:ksmile:

Heh. You're welcome. =)

Mostly I'm training them for fun and to train them to the ultimate level.

They're all EV trained with positive natures and competitive movesets. In the event I want to use them competitively, they're all ready to go

Envoy, you're amazing *bows* how could you have the patience to train six starters to lvl 100?

I started with a chimchar, but I suspect he must have had really bad IVs (I haven't checked) because even though I kept him at or above the level of everyone else in my party he was always inexplicably the weakest one. I traded for a piplup who has worked out much better.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom