• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which starter did you choose?

I really think that players choose Fire-Types as the starter Pokémon because Fire-Types are rare (DP: only Ponyta able to get and Rapidash (by evo.))

My choices :)

Red/Blue: Squirtle
Silver/Crystal: Totodile
Ruby/Sapphire: Mudkip
FireRed: Squirtle

As you see, I have always chosen the water type. The games which are not listed here are the ones I don't have.

Turtwig, always. Then traded for the other two with my mom. Caught starly cause the beginning birds are always awesome. Shinx and Abra rounded out my team until I got to Eterna Forest, then traded Rotom for Luxio, then later Eevee for Kadabra. Eventually beat the E4 with the 3 starters, Garchomp, Staraptor, and Eevee.

Turtwig, always. Then traded for the other two with my mom. Caught starly cause the beginning birds are always awesome. Shinx and Abra rounded out my team until I got to Eterna Forest, then traded Rotom for Luxio, then later Eevee for Kadabra. Eventually beat the E4 with the 3 starters, Garchomp, Staraptor, and Eevee.
Your mother plays Pokémon? Instant win:) I jsut noticed this is my 200th post :D

Last edited:
awesome guys!! I'm thinking of picking piplup, just cause it seems to be easier to get the rest by trade...Awesome!!! ok, how about we do it for all the games, I gen to IV gen? I don't remember my yellow party, but i remember that i kept pikachu.
Gold:
Cyndaquil first run-through, totodile on the second.
Saphire:
Have had every starter, currently have sceptile and blaziken at lvl 100 legit and swampert at a legit lvl 87. (not to mention my lvl 100 metagross and salamence XD)

Pearl: Turtwig
Diamond: Empoleon
Platinum: Turtwig

The Ape is not loved. c:

I'm a water freak, so of course I started with Piplup. He and my Staraptor are the only two from my original team that have never left my main party (except when I put Popper in day care to make Piplup eggs)

Didn't have my own game 'til Ruby, but I started with Torchic, and took him along with Gyarados, Shiftry, Zangoose, Swellow, and Groudon to E4, then proceeded to own the Beauty Contests with the same Blaziken. He's currently my pokemon with the most ribbons on him, all beauty, all super beauty, E4 Hoenn, E4 Sinnoh, Effort, Footprint, and the 3 buyable from the Ribbon Syndicate. He rules he does!

I always pick water types but I particularly like swampert and empoleon since they can take hits(alot of hits) and dish out just as much(maybe more).

Chimchar for Diamond and Platinum. In Diamond, I made my team with Shinx, Buizel, Budew, Murkrow, and Cranidos and evolved it from there. Platinum, went with Magnemite, Tangela, Togepi, Duskull, and Buizel.

Turtwig for Pearl. Then I cheated a bit and sent in two eggs that contained a Magby and Elekid. Then I caught a Machop, Gible, and Feebas.

Diamond - Piplup
Pearl - . . . er, once I restart it, I'll probably go Chimchar for the LULZ
Platinum - Piplup

I love the Water Starters. Chimchar and Turtwig would be tied for second, because I do like them equally. Piplup line WINS in my eyes though!

Niiice...I do agree that blaziken's the best starter in the RSE set...He's awesome! of course, that's also cause it was one of the only sets of fire pkmn in the dang series that actually served as a sweeper.

Turtwig. Piplup's too feminine and Chimchar just looks unusual.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom