• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Who deserves to be in the 6th slot during the Paul match in the league?

Who should be the 6th Pokemon used against Paul in the league?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I voted Gliscor. Not only do I find him a more interesting character, but he needs another chance to prove himself (which...usually falls short for him ;_; )

And anyways, I see gible as that one pokemon who follows him into the next league, since he was introduced late season. He'll have plenty of more chances to kick ass, hopefully.

But, it does. Fuka wasn't used against against Shinji in the full battle. Therefore using it at the league breaks the whole "I'll use the same pokés, get them stronger and beat you next time" ideal.

I tend to disregard anything that comes out of his mouth because it doesn't happen in the end.

Gliscor for all intents is now a "reserve" just like all of his other older pokemon are and this is "IF" the writers choose to bring it back. You can feed me all the semantic garbage you want but let's look at the plain and simple fact.

Ash left Gliscor with another trainer to be trained.

If the writers truely intend to have Ash and Paul's rivalry be settled with one trying to prove the other one's ways are right, then Ash can't use Gliscor against him because the moment he gave it to the air master it became a reserve and therefore lost it's rights to fight Paul if Ash is to use only his pokemon that he has on him.

IF he does use it, he might as well bust out Sceptile, Charizard, Squirtle and Snorlax while he's at it since it's the same thing no matter how hard any of you try to argue otherwise.

If the writers truely intend to have Ash and Paul's rivalry be settled with one trying to prove the other one's ways are right, then Ash can't use Gliscor against him because the moment he gave it to the air master it became a reserve and therefore lost it's rights to fight Paul if Ash is to use only his pokemon that he has on him.

IF he does use it, he might as well bust out Sceptile, Charizard, Squirtle and Snorlax while he's at it since it's the same thing no matter how hard any of you try to argue otherwise.

Pretty much all of this. I don't mind Gliscor coming back for the League, just not the Paul match.

And anyways, I see gible as that one pokemon who follows him into the next league, since he was introduced late season. He'll have plenty of more chances to kick ass, hopefully.

Panphy didn't follow Ash, heck Glalie got dumped right before the Battle Frontier and is still slowly melting away at Oak...

I would love for Gible to stay, but I think it'll go the Panphy route. Leave when gen V rolls up, come back later and evolve.

T__T No more Gible in 5 months...

If that's the case then Ash shouldnt be using reserves for any of his battles. Considering that the Paul vs Ash battle will be the semifinals then Paul will have made it to the top 4 using only his method of training while Ash probably half-assed it and used reserves to get to Paul.

What does Gible have against Paul? Nothing. Paul doesnt even know Ash has a Gible. Gliscor was in the first 6v6 match Ash and Paul had and the teams should be the same to show that Ash has gotten stronger otherwise there was no point in Gliscor even being caught in the first place.

Gliscor lost its right to fight Paul because some old guy is teaching it to fight while flying? And what right does Gible have? Because its on Ash's team now. If Gliscor comes back for the league it will probably only be for the Paul match.

The only pokemon on Ash's Sinnoh tean that Paul has never insulted is Buizel and Gible. Gliscor has something to prove to Paul just like Torterra, Staraptor and Infernape(clearly the one with the most to prove)

Considering that I want Shinji to mention that Satoshi didn't train Glion, you won't be getting any arguments from me.

Its not as if Gliscor would sweep Paul's team or anything. It would likely only get 1 win.

Its not as if Gliscor would sweep Paul's team or anything. It would likely only get 1 win.

That's still one win too many, it wasn't trained by Ash and I'd agree.

But I still expect it to maybe come back in one of the other full battles and get a win or two to show the training worked, but vs Paul either it or Gible will lose without beating a thing but still put on a good showing.

That's still one win too many, it wasn't trained by Ash and I'd agree.

But I still expect it to maybe come back in one of the other full battles and get a win or two to show the training worked, but vs Paul either it or Gible will lose without beating a thing but still put on a good showing.

Why does everyone say that if Gliscor comes back for the Paul match it shouldnt get one win? Because it didnt get one during the Paul match? Gliscor did a lot of damage to Torterra before it defeated it and it put up a good fight. Besides if the writers want to bring Gliscor back they decide how well it does, if they dont we're all going to have to deal with it.

The only problem is the fact that I dont see why they switched Gliscor for Gible so they must have something planned for the little dragon

Why does everyone say that if Gliscor comes back for the Paul match it shouldnt get one win? Because it didnt get one during the Paul match?

That has got nothing to do with it. Gliscor shouldn't be used because I feel it would go against everything the Paul v Ash rivalry was about. They aren't just trying to prove who's the better trainer or whose pokémon are stronger. If it was just that, then I wouldn't care. But their entire rivalry stands on their conflicting views on how to train pokémon and how to help them get strong. Paul does it through torture and intimidation, Ash does it through trust, friendship and standing side by side his pokémon while training, helping them get stronger.

Let's say for one minute Gliscor comes back and defeats one of Paul's pokémon. What does it prove ? It proves that the Air Master's training methods, not Ash's methods are superior. Actually, you could argue that Ash had to leave Gliscor with the Air Master in order to be able to defeat Paul...

I don't mind reserves or Gliscor to be used for any other match but that one, quite frankly, if Ash needs reserves or pokémon trained by another trainer in order to beat Paul, he doesn't deserve to win that match at all, because that match isn't solely about defeating the other trainer's pokémon, it's about proving whose training methods are better. Gliscor and reserves are cool for the other matches against the other rivals because that element isn't there.

Gliscor did a lot of damage to Torterra before it defeated it and it put up a good fight.

But was swiftly defeated nonetheless like Buizel to let the pokémon who have high stakes in this rivalry, i.e. Infernape, Torterra, Pikachu and Staraptor get the focus... which is what should happen in the League also.

The only problem is the fact that I dont see why they switched Gliscor for Gible so they must have something planned for the little dragon

Awesomeness, that's what they have planned. Pure, unadulterated awesomeness.

Besides, I think that both Paul and Ash will make one switch form the team in their last full battle... neither will battle with the exact same team IMO.

Glion as it has some history with Shinji while Fukamaru does not.

This, mainly.

Gible has nothing, emphasis on the word nothing, on Paul while Gliscor does.

I'm glad to see the poll results reflect the majority. The people who voted for Gible are obviously Gible fans, without taking story and development into account.

The people who voted for Gible are obviously Gible fans, without taking story and development into account.

That's BS and you know it. I voted Gible not because I really really like Gible, which I do, but because I'm taking into consideration the story and developpement of the Ash v Paul rivalry.

The way the writers designed that rivalry was always about proving which trainer was the best, whose training methods and philosophies on pokémon could get the stronger results.

Let's look at it this way... Gliscor has had some previous encounters against Paul's pokémon, but in both cases got swiftly defeated, proving that he, as a pokémon, is nowhere near where he needs to be to defeat one. Now, Ash releases him, he gets trained by somebody else and comes back to defeat one of Paul's pokémon... Then he wasn't able to defeat Paul's pokémon because of Ash's methods or Ash's training, he was able to defeat Paul's pokémon because of the Air Master and solely because of the Air Master, which doesn't prove anything in the Ash v Paul rivalry.

Gliscor coming back for this match would actually damage the story and developpement of both Ash, Paul and their rivalry throughout DP.

I voted for Gible if only due to the fact that if Ash used Gliscor, a Pokemon that he left to another person to train, would feel cheap since the whole point of Ash vs Paul is their training methods, I put emphasis on their because obviously, both of them have different method when it comes to training Pokemon.

But then again, I'll be happily content if Gible masters Draco Meteor during an important league match, preferably against Barry.

Ash is not the kind of person I expect will be using the same pokemon over again against the same opponent.
Remember, Paul had the upper hand against Ash because he knew of the strategies that Ash used with his own pokemon (i.e. Magmortar countered Pikachu's high-speed attacks through Rock Tomb and its ability, Flame Body).
Assuming that the opening is correct and Ash does end up recycling his Oaked pokemon for the league competition, there's no guarantee that he will be using the same pokemon more than once a battle.
Gliscor will most likely remain in the hands of the air master (as only Charizard received the treatment of being used again in battle after being given away for "training"). Meanwhile, Gible is still a fresh face and inexperienced pokemon on Ash's team. Ash has yet for Gible to be able to master Draco Meteor. There's no way that Ash will use an inexperienced pokemon, having fought and lost against Paul thrice.
We know that Ash will at least use Infernape, but we are not exactly set as to what other pokemon he will use against Paul.

To be honest I think that Gliscor is on his on training methods...like Charizard is. Sure the Air Master is watching over it he's trying to get better ON ITS OWN while using some of the things Ash taught him. Like I said maybe the Air Master is giving out a few pointers but I think its mainly Gliscor doing his own thing.

Plus Gible only mastered one move...big deal Ash had Gliscor evolve under his care.....I think Gliscor will be battling with Paul

I'd rather have him use his Snorlax. Snorlax is super strong. Either that, or Bulbasaur. But out of Gliscor and Gible, I'd choose Gible. It's much stronger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom