• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Who deserves to be in the 6th slot during the Paul match in the league?

Who should be the 6th Pokemon used against Paul in the league?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cybersai

Reaction score
Since Ash probably won't use any of his older Pokemon against Paul, who deserves to be in the 6th slot in the 6 on 6 battle with Paul in the league?

We know he'll use his Sinnoh team, but which 6th slot Poke do you think will be there?

Gliscor, but really I don't care all that much.

Someone's bound to get taken down without taking out any of Paul's Pokemon, and I see either Gible or Gliscor taking the fall.

o_O

Fukamaru, to be honest.

I'd like to see Glion coming back just for this battle with Pikachu getting the boot ( since I like Fukamaru too much to be replaced by Glion), but chances for this are preeetty much none.

We all know you miss Glion, but please give it a rest already. I accepted its depature ( and liked the episode which was suprising to me), why can't you do the same?

If Satoshi uses his Sinnoh team against Shinji it will be most likely the team he has now.

Why does Gible deserve to be there? It's a new capture, and even if it evolves by the league, it'll still feel unneeded there. Almost as if Ash needed a power boost dragon to give him a win.

Gible'll likely be used against Barry or the other characters, not for Paul.

Gible, just because I want to see it biting Paul's and/or his Pokémon's head, and Weavile needs a win, badly.

All other reasons had been said, so there is no neeed to say those again.

If we're looking for a "fall guy" in the league, it'll probably be Staraptor. It already beat Honchkrow in the Pokeringer, seeing it win again would be repetitive.

I bet Staraptor will be the one that gets no win in the Paul match.

Glion as it has some history with Shinji while Fukamaru does not.

I doubt we will ever see Gliscor again. Just like we never saw Primeape again or Butterfree or Pidgeot.

I doubt we will ever see Gliscor again. Just like we never saw Primeape again or Butterfree or Pidgeot.

But we saw Charizard/Squirtle again. What makes Gliscor different than them?

Weeeeeeeell... I want to say Gible. I mean, I like Gliscor okay and today's episode made me want to see him return, but now that Ash has Gible and he's training him... I just think Gible is going to be used, maybe evolved.

Gliscor might "deserve" it because it was in the full battle... but Gible deserve to get into a big battle before DP's end since it was captured so late in the series... so I don't know... plot wise Gliscor deserve it more, real life wise I won't care so much either way (though it'd be nice to see Gliscor again)
I won't vote for either, I'll just accept whatever the writers choose to do

Gliscor might "deserve" it because it was in the full battle... but Gible deserve to get into a big battle before DP's end since it was captured so late in the series

I think Fuka will be used against Jun for revenge on Emperte.

I think Fuka will be used against Jun for revenge on Emperte.

It won't hurt it to get a battle VS Paul too... I want Gible to get as much screentime and battles as possible since we aren't likely to see it at all in the next 4 years...

One thing I wanna point out is that no one in this show "deserves" anything. Like Dawn doesn't "deserve" to win the GF, Ash doesn't "deserve" to win the League, Gliscor doesn't "deserve" to return, Brock doesn't "desreve" any Pokemon, Gible doesn't "deserve" fight Paul.

They get what they get because the writers wrote it that way, not because of being "deserving".

I want Gible to get as much screentime and battles as possible since we aren't likely to see it at all in the next 4 years...

I kinda disagree. Fukamaru should get some focus in battles but I don't want it to be everywhere. I'd rather time was given to the more neglected members of Satoshi's team rather than a new poké getting all the glory.

I kinda disagree. Fukamaru should get some focus in battles but I don't want it to be everywhere. I'd rather time was given to the more neglected memebers of Satoshi's team rather than a new poké getting all the glory.

For me it should go this way:
Sinnoh team (mainly Infernape and Gible) > Johto team (mainly Cyndaquil and Totodile with possible evolutions) > everything else

I actually hope Ash brings back some of his old pokemon.

Like:
Charizard
Heracross
Snorlax
Muk

or if he uses Gible...it could be a different version of his Krabby

For me it should go this way:
Sinnoh team (mainly Infernape and Gible)

Goukazaru is going to be the star of the Shinji match and its gotten many wins in the Gyms. So I don't want it to appear so much before the battle with Shinji. It doesn't really need it in my opinion. I've already talked about Fukamaru.
I agree with the rest of your post though.

I think Gible will be used for some things in the 5th Gen (not on the actual roster, but stuff like League battles), so I actually expect it to only get one or two wins in the Sinnoh League.

I think its obvious each Pokemon will only get one major battle, especially with the shortness of the league and all the Pokemon involved. His Sinnoh team are the only ones I can see getting two fights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom