• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Who is getting the DSi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DSi

i mostly want it for the camera...

What did you mean, GrnMarvl13?

Last edited:
I was on the fence of whether or not to get the DSi for a while but now I have decided not to get one for the time being for a few reasons. One of them is that my Playstation Portable will already do almost everything the DSi can do (except take pictures even though there is a camera add on) and then some. It can play back music in not just AAC format but also AAC+, mp3, WMA, WAV, and ATRAC along with video playback in h.264 and MPEG-4 and like the DSi it also allows photos to be displayed but in a wide variety of formats like BMP, PNG, TIFF, JPEG, and TARga. Another reason is that there are not any DSi exclusives but I will get the system IF the G/S games are exclusive to it which I doubt. Yet another is that I personally am not impressed with the DSi ware out at this time although I will continue to check up on new releases and see if anything interests me personally which could convince me to get a DSi as well. So for the time being I am not getting the system but I will continue to watch new developments with it and see what direction it goes in.

I have the DSi and love it. It looks amazing.
I'm still keeping my DS lite though, for migrating with the old games and playing gba games. And Action replay dosen't work with dsi so that's another reason to keep DS lite.

My aunt plays my ds lite now.

I am planning to get it, since I don't have one now. Although I may have to save up on some money to get it. :/

I won't be getting it, because, I personally don't believe it has enough useful added features. Just gimmicky, useless stuff like the sound and camera, the main reason I wanted one was for WPA wi-fi, but then I found out that doesn't work with games.

I want it SO BAD but I don't have enough money and with the economical situation of today, my parents wouldn't DREAM of buying something like that for me. Dang.:dumb:

I finally got it for my brother, and he loves it. The bigger screens are a nice addition, but what he's been running with is the music player. The DSi's speakers are at least as good as a quality laptop's. Still not as good as a dedicated sound system, but Breaking Benjamin sounds much better on the DSi than it did on the music player I got for his DS Vanilla. It has all sorts of gimmicky features like filters, speeding up, slowing down, and visualizations, but some of these are actually pretty fun--unless you overuse them to the point you can't enjoy the music. There's an Excitebike visualization that's especially fun to watch.

The one thing I think they could have done without is the cameras; they're really not that great, and he already has a cell phone camera for all his crappy photography needs (as well as an actual camera for all his non-crappy ones). I haven't seen the web browser yet, but he says he enjoys it. And, finally, he loves that they have native SD card support. The last thing I got him was a CompactFlash card reader that kept finding new ways to stop working; this is much more reliable. The community hasn't produced much homebrew software for the DSi yet, which was what he primarily used the CF thing on his DS Vanilla for, but once they catch up, I'm sure he'll have a few cards stuffed with games and other programs.

A nice product. I'm not sure if it's worth giving up a DS for, but he has his Vanilla and I have my Lite, so we're good on GBA games and such (plus, I think we have an actual GBA kicking around somewhere...) Might want to see if the price comes down before you get it, but it's definitely a neat upgrade.

OMGMUSTGET. But I don't have enough money. Dang it.

They have removed compatibility for a 0.3 megapixel camera and to make it lighter. Hardly of any use, I am just fine with the weight of the DS Lite and as for the 0.3 megapixel camera, don't get me started on how utterly useless that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom