• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Who is smarter?

To find the real answer, we'd need the IQ of a supercomputer...

Alakazam's LeafGreen Pokédex entry said:
Its brain can outperform a supercomputer. Its IQ (intelligence quotient) is said to be around 5,000.

Metagross's Emerald Pokédex entry said:
Metagross has four brains that are joined by a complex neural network. As a result of integration, this Pokémon is smarter than a supercomputer.

Both Alakazam and Metagross are smarter than supercomputer.
Alakazam's IQ is 5000.
Metagross's IQ is not known. However, if it was more than 5000, let's say 6000, one Beldum would have to have an IQ of 6000/4, which is 1500, which I do not find probable.
Another possibility is that a Beldum would have to have an IQ smaller than 1500 but not for much - let's say 1300. 1300 multiplied by 4 equals 5200 which already makes Metagross smarter than Alakazam, and his IQ could be heightened due to "complex neural network". But I really don't think that a Beldum has IQ higher than 150.

Therefore, Alakazam is more intelligent. As for who is smarter:
Alakazam's Silver and SoulSilver Pokédex entry said:
Its brain cells multiply continually until it dies. As a result, it remembers everything.

Metagross is never stated to have an ability to remember everything. Therefore, Alakazam is smarter than Metagross.

And just to clear the Uxie thing up too:
Bulbapedia said:
Uxie is also the most intelligent of all Pokémon, having created all knowledge in the Pokémon universe.
I disagree here. Why? Because intelligence =/= knowledge. Uxie knows everything, but that does not make it any more intelligent than Bidoof.

Both Alakazam and Metagross are smarter than supercomputer.
Alakazam's IQ is 5000.
Metagross's IQ is not known. However, if it was more than 5000, let's say 6000, one Beldum would have to have an IQ of 6000/4, which is 1500, which I do not find probable.
Another possibility is that a Beldum would have to have an IQ smaller than 1500 but not for much - let's say 1300. 1300 multiplied by 4 equals 5200 which already makes Metagross smarter than Alakazam, and his IQ could be heightened due to "complex neural network". But I really don't think that a Beldum has IQ higher than 150.

Therefore, Alakazam is more intelligent. As for who is smarter:

Metagross is never stated to have an ability to remember everything. Therefore, Alakazam is smarter than Metagross.

And just to clear the Uxie thing up too:

I disagree here. Why? Because intelligence =/= knowledge. Uxie knows everything, but that does not make it any more intelligent than Bidoof.

If a single organism having an IQ of 1500 is impossible, the same applies to another organism having an IQ of 5000. Furthermore, being a supercomputer, Metagross probably can remember everything.

Metagross. It has four brains :O

Alakazam's pretty damn smart too.

But I guess it doesn't really matter. You'd want either of them to help you with your homework. XD

If a single organism having an IQ of 1500 is impossible, the same applies to another organism having an IQ of 5000. Furthermore, being a supercomputer, Metagross probably can remember everything.

I didn't say that a single organism can't have an IQ of 1500. I said Beldum can't.
Where have you read that Metagross is a supercomputer? He's a living organism that is smarter than a supercomputer.

As much as I love Metagross, I'm going to have to go with Joey's Rattata Alakazam.

Metagross on a logical level.
Alakazam on a phylosophical level.

So if you want to ask about maths or physics and overall science, ask Metagross. If you want to ask about meanings and reasonings and those things, ask Alakazam.

If the two played Chess, Metagross would win.
If the two discussed about some phylosophy, Alakazam would get the upper hand.

If Tyranitar was present, it'd be yelling angry nonsense until Metagross Hammered Armed him out of annoyance, as it has the shorter temper.

Computers see things differently than brains. So from a human perspective I'd have to say Alakazam. But "smart" is rather relative. If it's like which one is closer to a human calculator, definitely Metagross.

^ basically what they said

Looks like a draw to me, both Pokémon's dex entries say that their brains can outperform supercomputers. I would give Metagross the strategic advantage because it has four separate brains, and theoretically could be holding four thoughts/split its focus four ways at the same time.

This right here. That, and mechanical beings always tend to outperform living ones.

I'd say Alakazam. Why?
Alakazam is FASTER (higher Speed)
For me, this shows that Alakazam has the edge. I think the reason it's speed was made so high is that since it's brain is so fantastical, Alakazam has really amazing reaction time, so it's very fast, and apparently it can compute things faster than supercomputers.

So... Definitely Alakazam

I say Alakazam is smarter, but only because i like Alakazam more. Horray for being biased!

EDIT: I jusy now realized that every other letter in "Alakazam" is an A! How wierd is that?

Alakazam is faster and has higher special attack, which to me makes it seem like it's smarter.

I say Alakazam is smarter, but only because i like Alakazam more. Horray for being biased!

EDIT: I jusy now realized that every other letter in "Alakazam" is an A! How wierd is that?

Why did you do that? Was it really necessary to write in yellow? I couldn't read that at all.

Why did you do that? Was it really necessary to write in yellow? I couldn't read that at all.

Most sincerest apologies. Next time I'll think more to fit other's personal needs as to what color of font I use. :rolleyes:

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom