• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Who is smarter?

I say alakazam, but only because metagross is not one pokemon, but four held together by magnetism, where alakazam is only one pokemon.

(you want to know what four pokemon make metagross, i'll tell you, it's four different bel"dumb".)

None are smarter than a 5th grader

But alakazam cause he has what looks like a very long mustache thingy :p

another reason why alakazam would be smarter is because "A computer is only as smart as it's user."
while no one can use the computer inside metagross except metagross, which has no knowledge, nor IQ, for only a computer can use the computer and as I said, "A computer is only as smart as it's user."

Metagross practically is a supercomputer, and Alakazam does resemble a wise old man. What am I trying to say with this?

With its four brains, Metagross could easily solve any (mathematical) problem. It can process tons of information, make connections and is capable of logical planning. We're talking more abstract thought and sheer logics here.

Alakazam, on the other hand, understands things, remembers them and is therefore capable of learning and gaining experience based on them. With Alakazam, things like emotions and conscience probably play a bigger part than with Metagross.

What I'm trying to say: while Metagross is probably more intelligent on a scientifical/abstract/logical level, Alakazam is knowledgeable and wise. Basically, the latter is closer to a human by the way of thinking, while the former is perhaps more computer-like.

Like someone said, Metagross would probably win a chess match, but Alakazam would do a lot better with a philosophical problem/question or something similar. That being said, I'll say Alakazam is "smarter". Thank you.

I am sure Metagross is capable of creative thinking to a certain extent, though... My reasoning is more like each being experts in their own fields.
Though I always found the idea of measuring "inteligence" an absurd concept either way.

But yes, for illogical and mathematically erroneous human-like wisdom, Alakazam wins.

I would say Metagross, as it has four brains, which can process at least four tasks overall.

Without being biased (which is difficult, trust me), I would have to say that Alakazam is smarter when it comes to a wisdom approach. Metagross when it comes to calculations, but lacking wisdom.

How about we give Metagross the advantage in pure mental power, but Alakazam the advantage via more complex / less "linear" thought?

Looks like a draw to me, both Pokémon's dex entries say that their brains can outperform supercomputers. I would give Metagross the strategic advantage because it has four separate brains, and theoretically could be holding four thoughts/split its focus four ways at the same time.

I was going to say Alakazam but you make a very good point.

I guess they have ~different~ kinds of intelligence, though?

Metagross looks like a robot whos stupid.i dnt think hes tht smart.im going with Alakazam cause he looks old he knows physics and i think hes a meditating type

I imagine that Metagross' IQ is only in the 600 to 700 range - still, nothing to sneeze at, it means that relative to humans, it's in the top percentage of a percentage of a percentage of a percentage of a percentage of a percentage of a percentage of a percentage of a percentage of all humans intelligence-wise.

And Alakazam's IQ of 5000 is even worse for space - there'd be at least 6,000 "percentages".

So I imagine that that number is overinflated and that statistically, the actual number would be something like 425 to 460 (Alakazam, I mean).

Last edited:
Alakazam is so smart, it can bend a spoon with its brain. Plus its the original.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom