• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Non-Mafia Who's That Pokémon? Endgame - 29/4/2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Endgame - 29/4/2018
@Calvin ッ
@DarthWolf
@Jinjo
@Elementar
@CheffOfGames
@Crystal Onix
@MegaPod
@Elieson
@FinalArcadia
@Rainbow Cloud

@AussieEevee

@SoaringDylan

Far from smoothly, it may have been, but the game is over. So, congratulations to the three winners, DarthWolf, Elementar and FinalArcadia!

Player nameMove 1Move 2Move 3Move 4
Calvin ッ (Weavile)**Icy WindSlashThiefPoison Jab
DarthWolf (Steelix)Iron TailDragon BreathStone EdgeGiga Impact
Jinjo (Lunala)MoonlightNight ShadeNight DazeSolar Beam
Elementar (Venusaur)Solar BeamVenoshockStomping TantrumOutrage
CheffOfGames (Alolan Ninetales)Dazzling GleamIce BeamFlamethrower*Hyper Beam
Crystal Onix (Charizard)FlyFire BlastEarthquakeDragon Rage
MegaPod (Garchomp)Dual ChopBrick BreakFire BlastBrutal Swing
Rainbow Cloud (Lucario)Power-Up PunchDragon PulseExtreme SpeedShadow Ball
Elieson (Primarina)Aqua JetBlizzardDazzling GleamPerish Song
FinalArcadia (Tyranitar)CrunchDragon ClawThunder FangSmack Down

*Replaced by Hidden Power Fire.
**Sneasel initially selected, but replaced due to going against the criteria.

I got to be Lunala, a beautiful Pokemon for other players to guess. I had fun playing and I had a feeling I was going to be screwed in the game because Lunala is the only dual type Pokemon that knows Night Daze and Moonlight. I gave up halfway in the game because on my last three phases, no one was attacking me and that's when I realized everyone already guessed my Pokemon and I was still struggling guessing everyone else's Pokemon.

Hey! I guessed Calvin is Weavile and you said no.

Congratulations to my fellow winners, Elementar and DarthWolf! I I was so glad when I won because if that final guess list hadn't been right, I would've been at my wit's end trying to figure out who of the three I was semi-confused about was right and wrong lol. Thanks for hosting, Max, I'm glad I ended up subbing in!!
Thanks to FA for helping me with a couple of players; it really helped.
And thank you to you too! The last bit of info you gave me was pretty much what set the rest of my guess list in stone since I'd been thinking I had your Pokemon right (as Vileplume), and then realizing that yours was wrong pretty much confirmed Crystal Onix and MegaPod for me, so that was a huge help!

And thanks to Darth as well! He had some info on CO that helped narrow down the secondary typing of CO's Pokemon with certainty for me.

Good game guys.

I got to be Lunala, a beautiful Pokemon for other players to guess. I had fun playing and I had a feeling I was going to be screwed in the game because Lunala is the only dual type Pokemon that knows Night Daze and Moonlight. I gave up halfway in the game because on my last three phases, no one was attacking me and that's when I realized everyone already guessed my Pokemon and I was still struggling guessing everyone else's Pokemon.

Hey! I guessed Calvin is Weavile and you said no.
I was far from done with you. The moment you left I wanted to use 2 moves on you.

Also. I totally forgot the guessing part would let you know how many you had incorrect. I realized that only a few phases ago, that made it much easier to guess people with a few options left.

I'm not sure about the others but my moveset was quite limited with a dragon an normal move. Sure you can check a few specific types with it, but it's no something you use early on and if you used your other moves and know dragon and normal aren't gonna do anything for you you're basically just hoping they use a move on you. At some point I had used all moves that were useful on some people and couldn't do anything anymore.

Also what happened to winner 4?

@FinalArcadia thank you too. You got silent in our oc so I suspected you won and went for your fire guess

Also what happened to winner 4?
Things were taking rather long, which is why I decided to set a time limit for the remaining non-winners to submit a guess list. If one of them won, they'd be the 4th winner. If not, the game would go into Endgame with the 3 winners.

Well that was a fun ride. Congratulations to the winners.

Couple of things that stood out to me.

Max and I realised well after the game had started that Cheff had an invalid move xD In my original design for the game, It was a normal ninetales. Then I changed it to Alolan form... then I gave the files to Max because I didn't think I was going to stick around this long, and didn't want the game to go to waste.

Sorry about that Cheff. You can blame that all on me.

In that note, Hidden Power also breaks the rules.
*Megas are not in the game, Z-Moves are not in the game, and moves that can be different types are not in the game. (No Hidden Power, for example)
*falls over*

I also noticed a lack of OC in the early game. With something like 750 possible Pokemon, and only 4 moves to collect data with, I had originally designed the game with OC in mind, which is why there was 4 winner spots :)

Max and I realised well after the game had started that Cheff had an invalid move xD In my original design for the game, It was a normal ninetales. Then I changed it to Alolan form... then I gave the files to Max because I didn't think I was going to stick around this long, and didn't want the game to go to waste.
Admittedly, I screwed up in that as well. When I looked over the Role PMs, I did raise an eyebrow at Flamethrower being one of Alolan Ninetales' moves, but thought nothing of it. Figured AE wouldn't make that kind of mistake.

Also, anyone noticed the moveset table only detailing 10 Pokémon, but the game meant to be 11p? That's right, that 11th Pokémon is set to be in Who's that Pokémon v2! A whole new group of Pokémon, excluding the returning one, coming end of June/start of July!

I also noticed a lack of OC in the early game. With something like 750 possible Pokemon, and only 4 moves to collect data with, I had originally designed the game with OC in mind, which is why there was 4 winner spots :)
I was aware of that but with my history I didn't want to initiate any chat unless others felt comfortable.

I was aware of that but with my history I didn't want to initiate any chat unless others felt comfortable.
You know, I was actually waiting and hoping to see you try and how you'd handle it. :p

I trusted my “ally” Cheff with my role, and then you won with the types he fed you :p

THAT GAME! *Eevee runs in circles*

I trusted my “ally” Cheff with my role, and then you won with the types he fed you :p
At least I betrayed your "ally" :p

You know, I was actually waiting and hoping to see you try and how you'd handle it. :p
There wasn't much needed yet for it, only when I got near the end I was considering it as I had no moves on calvin now a confirmed type yet I guessed it in 2 guesses XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom