• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Will you buy Pokémon bank for ORAS?

Nicolas721

Reaction score
Back in february, I think most of us just used the free trial of Pokemon bank when it was released, because the chances of getting a new main series game in 2014 were slim. But now, a new game is coming, and there are plenty of motives for buying Pokemon Bank. So, will you do it? Or you prefer the free but unsafe auto-GTS-ing?

This isn't a thread to discuss if ORAS will be compatible with Pokemon Bank, because it's almost a guarantee...

It's so cheap that I see no reason not to get it, and it gives so many advantages especially for those of us with many older games.

I probably will. I, too, got the free trial for the Celebi and then let it expire (since I'm generally too wishy-washy to transfer many Pokémon from old games, and don't catch enough to need additional storage). But since this is the first generation in which my brothers don't also have systems I can use for trading between my own games, the ability to deposit things from Y and withdraw them in Omega Ruby should be worth the cheap price.

Already got it, ba dam chow!
Got it as soon as my 30 day trial ended because I knew I'd need it for the next game to transfer Pokemon.

Yes definitely, it allows deleting save files on ORAS and XY and restarting as much as you want without losing any pokemon.

It's so cheap that I see no reason not to get it, and it gives so many advantages especially for those of us with many older games.

This. I bought it once my free trial was up and left enough in my e-shop account for a four year subscription.

I just bought my pass 2 weeks ago, so I don't have to worry about renewing until ORAS have been out for a while.

It's only the best way to get BP.

Seriously full disclosure I have like 3 boxes worth of rejected larvitar and 8 boxes of just other random stuff from working on the dex.

right now I'm looking at basically as I continue with I.V. breeding replacing those 8 boxes with more breeding rejects so that I can have more stuff on hand for trades.

I've never even used it. I had finished X before it was even released, and haven't played much of it since. I don't see myself purchasing it for ORAS, either. I don't collect like I used to, just play through the main game several times. But if the Battle Frontier returns and there's substanital post-game content where I might need some of my competitive play Pokemon, I'll probably make the buy. I guess it depends.

Subscribed as soon as the trial was over. Finished the national dex earlier this year(after deciding to do so after HGSS came out) so I'll want to be able to fill the pokedex for the future releases without having to re-catch/trade everything. Besides, Pokemon has been on a yearly release schedule ever since platinum came out and I don't see any signs of that changing so with pokebank being cheap it's worth it.

I forgot to get my free trial of Bank, so I still need to get my Celebi. I guess that's not necessarily buying Bank for ORAS, but I'll have the yearly subscription active by the time ORAS comes out, so might as well use it.

I was planning on getting it anyway. Probably gonna get it around the time ORAS releases anyway. Need somewhere to hold the living dex that I've been working on since HGGS and restarting every generation.

It's only $5 a year, which is couch change, so I already bought a year.

Probably not, as I don't have any Pokémon I want to move up from past generations, and I've never even been able to fill all the boxes I had available in-game (I also never bothered getting XY, so no Pokémon I want to move from there either)

The only pity is that I won't get the Celebi (which I've never owned), but by the time ORAS is released that promotion is over anyway

I paid for it very shortly after the free trial ended. I looked at it as not having to worry about it if one day I was going through my games and found Pokemon I wanted to transfer; and now that ORAS is being released in November, no worries :3

I really want to buy a year (possible two) but, call me idiot, have no idea how since i never bought anything in the 3DS Eshop or whatever place you buy stuff in the 3DS.

I really want to buy a year (possible two) but, call me idiot, have no idea how since i never bought anything in the 3DS Eshop or whatever place you buy stuff in the 3DS.

Go to the eShop, scroll over until you find the "Pokemon" tab, then look for Pokemon Bank. IIRC, you need to download it first, and then when you load up Bank, there's a menu where you can choose to buy a Pass (you can also download Transporter from that menu).

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom