• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Will you buy Pokémon bank for ORAS?

I really want to buy a year (possible two) but, call me idiot, have no idea how since i never bought anything in the 3DS Eshop or whatever place you buy stuff in the 3DS.

Go to the eShop, scroll over until you find the "Pokemon" tab, then look for Pokemon Bank. IIRC, you need to download it first, and then when you load up Bank, there's a menu where you can choose to buy a Pass (you can also download Transporter from that menu).
Sorry, should have been clearer, i meant how do i pay, like how do i put money to buy stuff.

I really want to buy a year (possible two) but, call me idiot, have no idea how since i never bought anything in the 3DS Eshop or whatever place you buy stuff in the 3DS.

Go to the eShop, scroll over until you find the "Pokemon" tab, then look for Pokemon Bank. IIRC, you need to download it first, and then when you load up Bank, there's a menu where you can choose to buy a Pass (you can also download Transporter from that menu).
Sorry, should have been clearer, i meant how do i pay, like how do i put money to buy stuff.

You either need to use a credit card or buy an eShop card (but keep in mind that the lowest denomination for eShop cards is $10, and I think that's only in certain stores, the next lowest is $20), and then you click "Add Funds" on the eShop page.

I do wish Nintendo would lower the denominations that you can buy eShop credit in in the UK - it's either £15 or £25. At least PlayStation Network lets you buy codes for as little as £5. Personally though, I've found it easier to just link my debit card to my account (especially with my Japanese 3DS, as buying foreign credit can be a pain). But obviously, if you don't have a credit/debit card, cards are the best way to go. I just hated having like a random amount left in my account that was too small to use as anything but money off my next purchase.

I bought a year's membership to Bank the moment the free trial ended - £4.50 a year is an absolute bargain and I found myself using Bank a lot more than I thought I would. My goal is to create a living Pokédex before ORAS come out, so I can just transfer everything to that and have another National Pokédex completed =3 (I've done Kanto-Sinnoh so far).

I wish they could update it to allow items to be transferred though. That's the only reason I'm still buying physical copies of Pokémon games.

You either need to use a credit card or buy an eShop card (but keep in mind that the lowest denomination for eShop cards is $10, and I think that's only in certain stores, the next lowest is $20), and then you click "Add Funds" on the eShop page.
Too bad where i live there isn't a single shop that sells eShop cards, guess i have to get a credit card.

I already have Bank, so technically no. I already got good use of it before OR/AS. The free Celebi was just icing on the cake.

I do wish Nintendo would lower the denominations that you can buy eShop credit in in the UK - it's either £15 or £25. At least PlayStation Network lets you buy codes for as little as £5. Personally though, I've found it easier to just link my debit card to my account (especially with my Japanese 3DS, as buying foreign credit can be a pain). But obviously, if you don't have a credit/debit card, cards are the best way to go. I just hated having like a random amount left in my account that was too small to use as anything but money off my next purchase.

I bought a year's membership to Bank the moment the free trial ended - £4.50 a year is an absolute bargain and I found myself using Bank a lot more than I thought I would. My goal is to create a living Pokédex before ORAS come out, so I can just transfer everything to that and have another National Pokédex completed =3 (I've done Kanto-Sinnoh so far).

I wish they could update it to allow items to be transferred though. That's the only reason I'm still buying physical copies of Pokémon games.

Same in the U.S., they only have eShop denominations of $20, I think $30, and $50 in stores, with some stores selling $10 (IIRC, it was supposed to be Target only that was selling them, but just last week I saw one at a Best Buy, so IDK). I think they should definitely have a $5 eShop card.

Heck, maybe they could even have a special cards just for Bank like they do for Xbox Live and PSN, where they could sell cards that give you a 1 Year Pass ($5), 2 Year Pass ($10), 4 Year Pass ($20), etc.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom