• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Wonder Trade Thread: Dat Wascly Wabbit!

I've gotten A LOT of Froakies out of WOnder Trade. Like 20 or so. I have traded them all away. I also got a bunch of other starters but I never got a Chespin which is the only one I'm missing

Bless whoever came with this idea. It is so useful. I'm trying to get a Togepi out of it, I really want a Togekiss in my game.

I decided to be a bit jokey today, sent out a Tangela called FS Monster (get it?) and a Maractus called "Eeh Macarena". Unfortunately the latter went to someone in Japan so I think the joke might be lost on someone.

I've gotten A LOT of Froakies out of WOnder Trade. Like 20 or so. I have traded them all away. I also got a bunch of other starters but I never got a Chespin which is the only one I'm missing

Bless whoever came with this idea. It is so useful. I'm trying to get a Togepi out of it, I really want a Togekiss in my game.

I can trade you, if you like. Got a bunch lying around (3 - 4 IV, mostly Calm nature).

On topic, I continue to get some incredible mons from Wonder Trade. 5 IV Technician Scyther and so on. I did however get a "6 IV" Beedrill. Being suspicious I checked it out, and was "decent all round". Be careful taking things at face value.

In went Japanese Hydreigon, out came Japanese Bagon...
With 5 perfect IVs in everything but HP

my first wonder trade: Litwick(27 lvl modest nature), Omanyte 1lvl, Chespin 1lvl.
and my fist shiny Oddish route 6/

Perfect beginning :)

Just caught a shiny lombre with a sassy nature and the worst IV total and spread possible, so I evolved it into a ludicolo, wonder traded it away to some japanese guy and got a level 1 sentret in return. I regret nothing, a pokemon with stats like that, even if it was shiny, I would never use at all.

Set a bunch of protean froakies out into the world, got a lot of cool things like larvesta and nice IV bred monsters.

That's the first time I've gotten mostly "good" pokemon it was pretty cool.

I've only done one wonder trade so far, and it netted me a modest protean froakie (I've yet to check the IVs), from Italy as a bonus! I'll definitely spend a lot of time with this feature once I start breeding.

I can trade you, if you like. Got a bunch lying around (3 - 4 IV, mostly Calm nature).

On topic, I continue to get some incredible mons from Wonder Trade. 5 IV Technician Scyther and so on. I did however get a "6 IV" Beedrill. Being suspicious I checked it out, and was "decent all round". Be careful taking things at face value.

I second this. I traded Yveltal for a scizor with "4 Ivs" and the thing was decent all around with low attack. Shame people are dishonest about this stuff

On wonder trade though, besides setting dozens of froakies into the wild, its nice for a casual player like me to be able to get some really strong pokemon that aren't "perfect but still stronger than average

You have to wonder how badly all the release Fletchlings/Bidoof/Zubat/whatever else must mess with the local ecosystems. Some poor pokemon are just hanging out on Route 7 and suddenly 300 mons are sat around them looking puzzled.

You have to wonder how badly all the release Fletchlings/Bidoof/Zubat/whatever else must mess with the local ecosystems. Some poor pokemon are just hanging out on Route 7 and suddenly 300 mons are sat around them looking puzzled.

Perhaps this is what the pokedex entry for zygarde is talking about? Hehehe

No, they just get eaten by higher-level predators depending on where they were released.

No, they just get eaten by higher-level predators depending on where they were released.

what if you release a high level predator in a low level area?

Now I'm imagining dead Bidoofs by the tons. And that makes me smile. Dear Primus, I am a sick human being.

For slags and giggles, I've started breeding for a shiny Honedge. Any non-shinies will be Wonder Traded. If you get one, feel free to farm it out as breeding fodder or pass it along for another trade.

I'm sorry if I passed out a LOT of Bunnelby's but all of them were marked with the right IV's and can be used to breed. But they are so cool!

I don't like the fact that most pokemon that you receive in wonder trade are mostly eevees, bunnelby's or some random level 1 pokemon you can easily catch in Santalune forest.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom